Who on this board is going to buy AC 2013 ?

Will you be buying ashes cricket 2013?

• Yes

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 101 53.2%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 47 24.7%

• Total voters

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As much as i hate 505 and trickstar for delaying and screwing up this game, I'd still buy it just to support a studio who gives a damn about creating something similar to cricket. If they manage to get the head on bodies correctly, its a win win for me ;)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
...a fool and his money...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think of buying AC13 from this perspective,

I'd like to take a stance, but I'm too fascinated about what they are hiding with the total silence and lack of video.

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
So pretty much "I'll spend my $20 to make sure that others don't waste their $20"?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I'd just pay $20 to be in the same room as Matt when he turns the game on...

WhiteCat

Club Cricketer
That's the official release date until they advise differently. It's not like people read that bit anyway.

Actually, because I'm not really following either game that closely right now, whenever I log in to PlanetCricket I check "that bit" of both the subforum for this game and the subforum for BC14 to get the latest official release information.

I agree that it shouldn't be changed until you have official information to the contrary though.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
At the risk of getting flamed...
There might be cutting off nose to spite face going on. Trickstar may have failed to get a working console version but they do have enough experience of making cricket games that we shouldn't write off AC13 before we play it.
We all say that gameplay is king and if they've nailed that then the game will be worth buying.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Let's not forget that regardless of "vid and screen shot releases", NEITHER game is out yet. Big ant can slagg off trickstar all they want, but until they actually release their game the only thing they have done differently is talk about the game.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
At the risk of getting flamed...
There might be cutting off nose to spite face going on. Trickstar may have failed to get a working console version but they do have enough experience of making cricket games that we shouldn't write off AC13 before we play it.
We all say that gameplay is king and if they've nailed that then the game will be worth buying.

Couldn't agree more. Graphics wise yeah it doesn't look the greatest but it's not ridiculously bad. Gameplay is king as you say.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Given the fact you don't even have a foot selection option while batting, it is a dead give away that this is going to be a terribly poor game. If it had the basics in place, I would have still had hopes that PC mods after release would sort out some of the issues that we might face. Especially since it uses Unity engine, I think it might be more "moddable" than any previous cricket game in this series (leaving EA series games aside), but even for that the game has to at least have a few basics right.The missing foot selection option just kills the game for me really. I mean, come-on, the last time we had this feature missing was more than 8 years back (in BLC 2005 if I remember correct).

kenpat

Club Cricketer
There certainly is no love for it being shown in the Steam community forums, that will have an impact on sales, especially for the casual buyer.
I agree gameplay is important, so's a 20% discount in these straightened times. They have the opportunity to release a video before Friday which might tip the balance, but judging by their inept handling so far I suspect not.

Users who are viewing this thread