Who on this board is going to buy AC 2013 ?

Will you be buying ashes cricket 2013?

• Yes

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 101 53.2%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 47 24.7%

• Total voters

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We all say that gameplay is king and if they've nailed that then the game will be worth buying.

I doubt whether they have nailed that factor, otherwise I don't see them hiding behind the curtains especially when they are experienced enough to know that gameplay plays a critical part.

Way the hypes/build-ups were given during the initial announcement looks completely other way now after release is announced. This is definitly looking like a trap to me in trying to get whatever money they could.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
At the risk of getting flamed...
There might be cutting off nose to spite face going on. Trickstar may have failed to get a working console version but they do have enough experience of making cricket games that we shouldn't write off AC13 before we play it.
We all say that gameplay is king and if they've nailed that then the game will be worth buying.

That's why we have lovely fellows like you and MattW to review the games for us, I don't expect anything ground breaking but I agree it could be ok enough to help this long wait for DBC14.

----------

Let's not forget that regardless of "vid and screen shot releases", NEITHER game is out yet. Big ant can slagg off trickstar all they want, but until they actually release their game the only thing they have done differently is talk about the game.

Bigant biggest fail has been when will this bloody game release. We all know how it looks from the playsessions(Wonderful) but over the last 2 weeks it's just been a headache to be honest.

It's like that kid that has the best toy in the world and all you want to do is play with it but he keeps saying soon.

----------

Let's not forget that regardless of "vid and screen shot releases", NEITHER game is out yet. Big ant can slagg off trickstar all they want, but until they actually release their game the only thing they have done differently is talk about the game.

Bigant biggest fail has been when will this bloody game release. We all know how it looks from the playsessions(Wonderful) but over the last 2 weeks it's just been a headache to be honest.

It's like that kid that has the best toy in the world and all you want to do is play with it but he keeps saying soon.

StormySteve

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think Ross has much to worry about...AC2013 looks pretty ordinary, not liking mouse/key controls, hoping for gamepad option!

Steve S.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Ext Scene; Pompeii 79AD, Town Square...

Man: "Shit there's a lot of smoke coming from Vesuvius this morning... Reckon we should evacuate the city, this thing is going to be a DISASTER!"

Barmy: "At the risk of getting burned at the stake, before we assume it's going to be a disaster, we should remember our city nobles have a lot of experience with sacrifices to gods recently, lets not write it off just yet. We all say Zeus is King and our gods would never abandon us. Lets just wait and see how it plays out"

Scene; Cut to eruption

Title card; Modern Day

At the risk of getting flamed...
There might be cutting off nose to spite face going on. Trickstar may have failed to get a working console version but they do have enough experience of making cricket games that we shouldn't write off AC13 before we play it.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Pompeii/PC.net Roman/BigAnt Greek/Trickstar

...come on, it wasn't that hard.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It is if you're reading it in the 2 minutes you get the internet to work, on a phone. Didn't read it properly.
My view with both games has consistently been that I can't give a true judgement till I've played them. I totally agree with people who are fed up with Trickstar voting with their wallets but when I get home I will play this and then I will give my opinion.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
That's no excuse for not getting a wonderfully scripted joke. Things aren't working out between us, I feel we're going in different directions... it's not me, it's you...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
It is if you're reading it in the 2 minutes you get the internet to work, on a phone. Didn't read it properly.
My view with both games has consistently been that I can't give a true judgement till I've played them. I totally agree with people who are fed up with Trickstar voting with their wallets but when I get home I will play this and then I will give my opinion.

You've got a review copy like? Unless its coming out a day earlier than I thought?

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That's no excuse for not getting a wonderfully scripted joke. Things aren't working out between us, I feel we're going in different directions... it's not me, it's you...

C'mon guys all relationships have their ups and downs, think of the children!!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
100% not going to buy it. I have never been so sure about not buying a game - it looks terrible and blatantly unfinished.

Users who are viewing this thread