Who Will Win 07 or Lara?

Which Game Will be 2007s Best Cricket Series?

• EA Cricket 2007

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Brian Lara International Cricket 2007

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
ok i dunno if this has been mentioned but here goes. ok we all kno its the World Cup next year and it looks like both games will come out next year so its got to be one or the other what i mean is one of the two games are gonna smack it big time if u kno what i mean who do u think wil get the cricket crown Lara or EA? im not to sure i thin it will be extremly tight and that Lara may come up with somthing but in the end i will just by a whiscker vote for EA and btw i own both games so im not being biased gimme ur veiws.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
I think the EA game will be better because...this Ea 2005 was better than BLIC 2005 although they make a cricket game almost every year...And BLIC made a game almost after 5 years...Thats makes me that Ea 2007 will be better!!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As much as I like BLIC, I think EA Cricket 2007 will come out on top. :)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
yh i can see where u guys are coming from. another reason might be that EA might learn from there mistakes and create a decent sim but im not sure EA05 is better than BLIC coz EA had bugs batting probs and stuff which make life hard. and although LIC was arcadyit didnt mess with gameplay and the bowling was the best any cricket games has seen unlike EA which was a bi planned out if u kno what i mean like u know if u pitch the ball just a tiny bi outside the off peg the cpu will do a cover drive eaxh time but i think EA win in the end simpy coz the patches make it millions of times better and BLIC bit to kiddy

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I didn't think BLIC was at all 'childish'. It was simply for the 'new to cricket' population.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
yh but it was. it had shots i had never seen no leave option and it was just bit too easy for my liking

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I reckon Blic will. Every year EA produce what is essentially a rubbish game and for some reason people expect them to take all the comments on board and sort it out. They never do and I don't see why '07 will be any different.

Blic on the other hand with their first game in a long time came into the market and produced the best multiplayer cricket game by an absolute country mile. If Ea's Ai wasn't patchable I don't think I would have played it for longer than a week. So being an optimist I am hopeful that Blic sorts out the AI to make it more challenging, sorts out the bowlers speeds and adds a leave option, perhaps a come down the track option and for me it would be so far ahead of EA it would make Eas game look like the poor simulation of cricket that it truely is.

I fail to see how people continually talk about Ea cricket being "So much more realistic". Afterall there are certain areas you can't bowl or the computer gets out, there are certain shots you have to stop playing or scoring at 10 an over is far too easy, and the fielders, swing, and cut are all as far from being realistic as can possibly get.

So for me I believe if Blic fix the few problems that currently hamper the single player aspect they will have made a very good game, whilst EA end of the day have had close to 5 years to sort out the same problems and still haven't done so.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I expect EA will be better!!!!They have done pretty well in graphics part!!! As for as gamplay is concerned i think there might be improvement this time...And also there might be some new features of EA like manager mode and so & so....So lot of expectations are on EA....I think they will be doing well!!!!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
i agree with a lot of ur points there but i still think BLIC needs HUGE improvment coz the shots they have are just fake and mind u i can score at like 28 and over coz the cpu feild is messed in ODIs they put like 5 slips and a gully

Deboooo

Club Cricketer
i hope ea do better but i have a doubt bout them
they make people excited about there new cricket games nd ends up being crap but lets hope they have read the feedback in the forum of the next ea cricket game

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Too hard to call, EA are starting to really make good games and BLIC/RPIC has always been good.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I reckon Cricket 07 as, Cricket 05 had good graphics and alright gameplay.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
i think EA will crack it this time...they have too, it would be disappointing if they didnt produce a good game.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Although I've preferred all of the EA Sports game to BLIC (although I only played the demo of that), I reckon BLIC will become better. It has great graphics, EA have experimented time and time again, and it's hard to say if they've improved or not. 2002 looked better than 2004, and 2005 looked better than 2004 too, but 2002 and 2005 aren't all that different. They really don't look like taking the next step on the graphics side of things.

BLIC's problem, however, is more likely to be fixable. The gameplay side of things seems to be the problem. Minor mistakes really, in the whole scheme of things. Compared to EA's dillemma of probably needing brand new graphics, I reckon BLIC is in a much better position as it's basically just adding little things in that they need to do to catch up.

Having said that, you really never know with these games. Most of these $50-100 versions are amazingly similar to the ones before them.

Users who are viewing this thread