Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He appeals mostly to people who aren't able to survive in the nation's current state due to increased competition from college graduates, immigrants and foreign job outsourcing (read: sheer laziness, self-entitlement, and lack of intellect and education). People vote for him because they're easily fooled into thinking he's gonna solve all their problems in one term, while they've been created over an entire generation. He's just doing a tweaking good job of creating a successful rhetoric to bring out the latent racism and xenophobia in these people, and his plain loudness is what makes it get so much attention.

I don't hate his voters, I pity them.
Do you think that he'll really build a wall and ban muslims?

D

Deleted member 149013

He appeals mostly to people who aren't able to survive in the nation's current state due to increased competition from college graduates, immigrants and foreign job outsourcing (read: sheer laziness, self-entitlement, and lack of intellect and education). People vote for him because they're easily fooled into thinking he's gonna solve all their problems in one term, while they've been created over an entire generation. He's just doing a tweaking good job of creating a successful rhetoric to bring out the latent racism and xenophobia in these people, and his plain loudness is what makes it get so much attention.

I don't hate his voters, I pity them.
I want to challenge your opinion. If that was a political statement it would be slammed, mainly because it was stupid and plain conjecture.

You’re not even segregating a minority it is a view about western culture.

Americans are lazy, self-entitled and harbouring racism? Seriously, I am impressed you know all of them to so well to pass judgement. No because it was a disconnected general summarisation and small minded to say the least.

America isn’t been racist at all they have every right to wary same as the UK.

D

Deleted member 149013

Segregating a minority is precisely what I have done, when I referred to the people he appeals to, i.e. the people who have voted for him, as CerealKiller asked in the first post. The number of voters he has had is about 10 million, whereas the population of the U.S. above 18 is about 235 million, which is about 4%. I did not claim to know all Americans, or even attempt to judge them as a whole in the first place.

Additionally, I do not ever recall stating my view on western culture. I do not want it to change, rather I have chosen to embrace it in its current form.

The one correct thing you have said. America isn't racist. They do have the right to be wary, as do the UK. Only, I don't believe they have a reason to be, at least not as much as some of the people appear to be.
Don’t correct me, Dakota no likey.

All you have are stats and a general impression which doesn’t reflect how a country as a whole feels about it. Uneducated people are usually the first ones to roll up their sleeves and graft you do not need to be measured by education to contribute to society. The threat is very real and also very serious unfortunately and racism has nothing at all to do with it.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The sort of forces that Trump uses are present in most Western countries and always get worse during times of economic hardship; its the reason why the Front National is big in France now, or why UKIP surged in the UK. A big part of it I think is because even though we've technically been "recovering" for a few years now very little of that has actually made it down to working class people, and parties have been able to feed off of that totally reasonable discontent by scapegoating people as being really at fault - it can be "immigrants" or "mexicans" or the EU; provided its something different and foreign some people will agree with you. Its much easier to create a bogeyman and blame that for all of the problems that people are facing rather than try to actually deal with the problem; which is the economic system more broadly.

What's interesting to me is that lots of Trump's rhetoric on trade was also a - only I'd argue that he had a lot more credibility on , while Trump has been using free trade to make lots of money since NAFTA and other agreements were signed; and he's only against it now because he needs votes. I'm not totally anti-free trade, I just think that free trade deals need an dimension that also protects workers and prevents a situation where the deals only benefit capital and not working people: that's why I'm in favour of the EU while opposing TTIP and other similar deals.

Last week I was totally confident that he didn't have a chance; now I'm a lot more worried. Although I imagine that Clinton actually has competent people on her staff which no one seems to have in the UK anymore other than the SNP; so I'm still pretty sure that she'll win. I might just put a few quid on him winning though; so that I can afford to buy the most expensive whisky while the world burns...

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The sort of forces that Trump uses are present in most Western countries and always get worse during times of economic hardship; its the reason why the Front National is big in France now, or why UKIP surged in the UK.
Also the AFD in Germany, whose leader publicly said that refugees should be shot at when they try to enter Germany. Of course that statement was later retracted, but it's still scary that the same party got a lot of votes in most länder in the recent regional election, and were the third most voted party in Berlin.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Also the AFD in Germany, whose leader publicly said that refugees should be shot at when they try to enter Germany. Of course that statement was later retracted, but it's still scary that the same party got a lot of votes in most länder in the recent regional election, and were the third most voted party in Berlin.
What have the Muslims country done for the REFUGEES ????

REFUGEES do create problems

Many of them plus they also need jobs and blah blah .

EXAMPLE:Afghanistani in Pakistan

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What have the Muslims country done for the REFUGEES ????

REFUGEES do create problems

Many of them plus they also need jobs and blah blah .

EXAMPLE:Afghanistani in Pakistan
Do you really think the "Muslim" countries are in a position to help? I think only Saudi Arabia and the UAE have the capability to take in refugees, but of course they won't.

Users who are viewing this thread