Why Does Life Suck So Much ??

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Usy, you're one class acted idiot,

Ok, so i live for money do i? Unlikely seeing as i don't have any, the thing is Usy, you don't have friends...you may have a few kiddy "mates," who you think are friends but true friendship is something you know you have when you dont make stupid statements like that.

I live my life to the full, i do what i want, when i want. Not in a rebel way, just in the way that if something slight is in the way ill do my best to move it.

Usy, please curl up and leave, it'd save KP having to call you stupid every time, sure he's getting sick of it lol

Well ok, parents, are doing great deal for their children, and working apparently for their families and sh*t like that.

But it doesn’t mean, that no one lives or money whatever reason it may be, either for your family and children or having all the riches.

The bottom line is that money has become everything.

Most proof that you don't know what true friendship is, trust, loyalty etc.

Go away these talks are too much for you.

Now my advice for this. Everyone these days feel the pressure of one thing or another, and sometime like for your JK, its all piled up.

The best thing to do is to get by, smile and just try to push through it. Remember your family is always there, im sure even if the problem is about them :p Just tell them truthfully your thoughts and opinions :)

Last edited:

Highlander999

ICC President

Ok, so i live for money do i? Unlikely seeing as i don't have any, the thing is Usy, you don't have friends...you may have a few kiddy "mates," who you think are friends but true friendship is something you know you have when you dont make stupid statements like that.

I live my life to the full, i do what i want, when i want. Not in a rebel way, just in the way that if something slight is in the way ill do my best to move it.

Usy, please curl up and leave, it'd save KP having to call you stupid every time, sure he's getting sick of it lol

I think your a wee bit out of order there Simon. Yes, it was a bloody stupid post, but it is pretty unfair for you to tell him to leave or to say he has no mates. Who are we to judge someone we don't even know properly?

I know he has been posting stupidly the last few months but don't lower yourself down to their level by responding to it.

Usy, please think before you post and look at the bigger picture :)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I think your a wee bit out of order there Simon. Yes, it was a bloody stupid post, but it is pretty unfair for you to tell him to leave or to say he has no mates. Who are we to judge someone we don't even know properly?

I know he has been posting stupidly the last few months but don't lower yourself down to their level by responding to it.

First point, ok i miss worded it slightly, i meant he must not have friends. Not that he doesn't. How do I know?

Secondly, I'm not lowering, but the thing is he spoils threads with his stupid comments.

Your final point about the bigger picture, indeed he has to but his intellect and still child like mind wont allow him to.

Highlander999

ICC President
First point, ok i miss worded it slightly, i meant he must not have friends. Not that he doesn't. How do I know?

Cool, I just felt it might be quite hurtful, if it was interpreted in the way I thought it was meant to be.

Secondly, I'm not lowering, but the thing is he spoils threads with his stupid comments.

Then it is our job to raise it's standards by top quality posts :)

Your final point about the bigger picture, indeed he has to but his intellect and still child like mind wont allow him to.

Being pretty rude now mate

usy

Chairman of Selectors

Most proof that you don't know what true friendship is, trust, loyalty etc.

Go away these talks are too much for you.

Now my advice for this. Everyone these days feel the pressure of one thing or another, and sometime like for your JK, its all piled up.

The best thing to do is to get by, smile and just try to push through it. Remember your family is always there, im sure even if the problem is about them :p Just tell them truthfully your thoughts and opinions :)

You did not provide any “big” argument to set off my statement as a whole lot of crap.

Apart from that there is no point in just over viewing my personal life, without knowing me well. This just throws me off.

Also there is nothing like “True friendship”, a friend is suppose to be a friend, if he is not a “true” friend he can’t be a friend? Innit?

You want me to correct a photo on photoshop, without zooming in to correct each pixel. The picture is just gonne look bad.. ;)

indeed he has to but his intellect and still child like mind wont allow him to.

I?d better off being a child who respects other?s opinion, then a ?grown up? like you who thinks that there is no other views apart from theirs.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I?d better off being a child who respects other?s opinion, then a ?grown up? like you who thinks that there is no other views apart from theirs.

Usy, you don't read many of my posts do you. My favourite discussions are those of religion, where there are thousands of views on it, so yes, you're indeed correct, you are a child, and yes, i'd consider myself finally grown up, but to say i dont respect others views just shows your worth.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Interesting topic and please keep trying to show respect for others' opinions and make civil posts.
My personal philosophy is that money certainly isn't everything. I've got a friend who was a business exec earning £100,000s per year. She gave it all up to teach and is happier (and poorer) not than at any time in her life).
I guess personally I've always managed to be an optimist and accept that bad things are always going to happen and that, rather than have regrets, we should get on with it and make the most of life.
A quote I rather like sums that up for me:
"A pessimist will look for the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist will look for the opportunity in every difficulty".
Setbacks are a natural part of life and having to fight to get where we are makes us stronger than the person who has had it all laid on for them.
I also believe that helping others is an incredibly fulfilling thing to do and every single person on this forum has the potential to make a massive difference to someone else's life. Sure, we're all flawed but that doesn't mean we should curl up in a ball and say "I give up". In case I sound over-idealistic at this point I would like to say that I'm generally a sceptic and realist when it comes to human nature and can be profoundly cynical of the motives of others but that doesn't stop me believing that there is hope for humanity ;)
I leave you with a quote from Margaret Mead:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

:)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting topic and please keep trying to show respect for others' opinions and make civil posts.
My personal philosophy is that money certainly isn't everything. I've got a friend who was a business exec earning ?100,000s per year. She gave it all up to teach and is happier (and poorer) not than at any time in her life).
I guess personally I've always managed to be an optimist and accept that bad things are always going to happen and that, rather than have regrets, we should get on with it and make the most of life.
A quote I rather like sums that up for me:
"A pessimist will look for the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist will look for the opportunity in every difficulty".
Setbacks are a natural part of life and having to fight to get where we are makes us stronger than the person who has had it all laid on for them.
I also believe that helping others is an incredibly fulfilling thing to do and every single person on this forum has the potential to make a massive difference to someone else's life. Sure, we're all flawed but that doesn't mean we should curl up in a ball and say "I give up". In case I sound over-idealistic at this point I would like to say that I'm generally a sceptic and realist when it comes to human nature and can be profoundly cynical of the motives of others but that doesn't stop me believing that there is hope for humanity ;)
I leave you with a quote from Margaret Mead:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

:)

Kev's mother?

Interesting post, i'm sure we all feel like the "curl up in a ball and say "i give up,"" at times, but the thing is, you gotta take the great times with the rough as you've said.

My point about friends and family from earlier on goes here, they should be with you through those bad times, so they can enjoy your great ones with you knowing they've stuck on in with you.

Good post Colin.

My outlook on live is generally positive, but past experiences has taught me life can be unbelievably cruel. My mates have a joke saying that i always have a smile on my face but a lot of the time its fake, as its not a easy period in my life.

I think everyone should aim for the idealist approach, because if you aim for it and miss, you can't be far off can you?

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
guys watever u do dont become emo
those guys are soo dumb. they cut themselves because nobody wants to be their friend. haha lol. or they are stressed out. yes life can be very hard (especially if u are brown). u are expected to get all A's or dont come home

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
guys watever u do dont become emo
those guys are soo dumb. they cut themselves because nobody wants to be their friend. haha lol. or they are stressed out. yes life can be very hard (especially if u are brown). u are expected to get all A's or dont come home

Emo's are badly misinterpreted. They are depressed, and teenage depression is also not highly accounted. Emo's don't usually remain in that phase for long, it just annoys me when people say they're bad people, they're often mistaken.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
They don't teach you how to make friends at school and teenage culture can be so superficial that you may well end up without friends and it isn't your fault.
Life is bigger though and you're always going to find like-minded people. The key is to be yourself otherwise people will like you for the wrong reasons and you'll never feel like you belong.
People who feel like self-harming need help not derision or pity. Depression, especially amongst teenagers, is a massive problem and saying it'll be fine once you leave school can't be the only solution.
I've had quite a few members here ask for help over the past few years and I always feel extraordinarily helpless. I can listen but I can never truely imagine their life and fully empathise with their problems.
As Simon said, true friends are there for the bad times as well as the good.
And to end again with a quote, this time from the Simpsons:
"Always be yourself. You wanna be sad, honey, be sad. We'll ride it out with you. And when you get finished feeling sad, we'll still be there. "

Sureshot

Executive member
Most people can't understand depression, in fact I'd go as far as saying you can only understand it, once you've had it.

I have a question though.

How does this cast system work? It sounds archaic.

Edit: It took me more than the 6 minutes to post that (somehow!), it was in reply to Simon's post and those above it.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I always though, behind the comedy of Simpsons, it was always doing mental harm to people.*

Anyways, I am a very optimistic on the saying “Live to make a change”.

*:p

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
How does this cast system work? It sounds archaic.
The caste system is indeed archaic in both its theory and implementation. It goes back to the Hindu caste system where there were 4 main castes (in order of rank): Brahmin (priestly), Kshatriya (warrior), Vaishya (business) and Shudra (untouchable). It was of course just a structure of power and a methods to make certain things illegal for certain people. It was essentially a means to legally discriminate between people.

I know they had outlawed the term "untouchable" and I thought the system was becoming far less important but of course when you have religion and politics mixing, it's never going to be a good result. The vast majority of the people in India would either not be in the caste system or would be in one of the lower castes. Hence, politicians use these people as "vote-banks" and promise them things like quotas in education, and hence get themselves elected.

The quota system basically exists because there is the idea that people in lower castes do not have as good a chance to get quality education than those in higher castes, due to discrimination and financial situation. However, this has led to a kind of reverse-discrimination against people who are supposed to be of higher caste, since they need to secure crazy grades, like jk and AbBh, to be considered.

Quotas, economically speaking, are always inefficient, but sadly this has become a product of our history and our current, unending crop of corrupt and stupid politicians.

The solution, which is probably impossible from many angles, is to get rid of the caste system completely and improve the quality of public education. Unfortunately sheer logistics (population) and corruption (public school funds are frequently misused) prevent any progress from being made. Instead of rectifying these grassroots problems, the government tries to hand off their problems to others by enforcing quotas (they have recently even stuck their dirty hands into the private-school pots).

Users who are viewing this thread