Why has no-one sorted windows 7 support out yet?!

jaward1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I might be wrong but I hear loads of people saying the same thing so I think its time it was sorted!

WHY DOES THIS GAME NOT WORK ON COMPUTERS (THAT ARE HIGH END WITH UPDATED DRIVERS) THAT HAVE WINDOWS 7?!?!?!?! SORT IT OUT PLEASE!

Is there a patch or something I have missed?! My game just sticks on the opening screen saying 'loading systems' and I know a lot of people with windows 7 are having the same problem!

Thanks,
Jimmy

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Works fine for me on Windows 7. Steam keeps the game up to date so there shouldn't be any issue with missing patches, though if you right click the game in Steam, select 'Properties', then 'Local Files' and select 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' it will search for any problems and force an update check.

jaward1

School Cricketer
i'v tried this! i bought it off steam today and it won't load up! just sticks on the 'loading system' screen forever! i don't know what to do! tried restarting computer, all the files are fine, updated all my drivers! its driving me a little nuts! my pc has a nvidia 8800gt 512 mb card, 5gb ram and a dual core 2.8ghz intel processor which i assume is enough to run this game!!

Is it because my windows 7 is 64 bit?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Perhaps, mine is 32 bit and it works fine. Try copying the whole steam folder over to the Program Files (x86) folder and running it from there.

jaward1

School Cricketer
going to try that now! thanks for your help and hope this works!!! if not I guess I will just have to email their support service!

jaward1

School Cricketer
gah! it still doesnt work! maybe its just not compatible with windows 7 64 bit? will there be a patch to sort this out?! I can't think of any other reason it would just stick on the loading screen!

Lionden

Club Captain
Works fine on my Windows 7 ultimate, there is no lag whatsoever.

P

pcfan123

i'v tried this! i bought it off steam today and it won't load up! just sticks on the 'loading system' screen forever! i don't know what to do! tried restarting computer, all the files are fine, updated all my drivers! its driving me a little nuts! my pc has a nvidia 8800gt 512 mb card, 5gb ram and a dual core 2.8ghz intel processor which i assume is enough to run this game!!

how much does a computer like that cost to put together? sounds pretty good to me

ramiz_fahad

Club Cricketer
1 more thing my side happening that when ever 1 copy game from steam folder and past it into other drive copy version stop working.even steam working fine.it happen after update.....

jaward1

School Cricketer
FIX: :)

:clap:clap:thumbs

WORKED IT OUT! If anyone else is having this problem navigate to your Steam folder where the game is stored (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Cricketrevolution), go into the system folder and then data and video. Delete the top 6 video files and the game will load (minus the intro video)!

Don't ask me why this works or why my computer can't handle the intro video but I look forward to slogging some sixes now ;)

Cheers for your feedback guys! Oh and @Mark it cost me ?250 from ebay like it is now! Absolute bargain!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me this game work perfectly on my laptop which has W7 - 64bits.

Users who are viewing this thread