WI v Aus, 4th Test

K

killa_stiky2002

(Ahead of Bomber)

After their openners only added 2 to their overnight score....West Indies looked in deep trouble at 50-2. Things looked worse when Ganga was gone LBW off McGrath. At 74-3 everything looked gloom for the West Indies. But then the West Indies captain took the attack to MacGill....hitting 3 huge sixes all the same shot...when he dried it the forth time he didn't get to the pitch and the West Indies Captain was gone for 60.
However at that time, Sarwan was looking very dangerous...smashing all the bad balls and looking good. At some stage the game looked to be West Indies before the minimum day's overs were bowled. There were a lot of words flying between Sarwan and Mcgrath which still did not seem to bother the 22-year old class batsman but then, for the 8th time is Sarwan's career he got out to a bad hook shot. Then the horror for Jacobs. Out first ball infront of his home crowd. The ball had strike him on his forearm...very close to the elbow but ump Shep gave into Lee and Gilchrist's 100% sure apeal. This lead to bottles being thrown on the pitch. After Chanderpaul and Banks carried West Indies within 46 runs of Australia's 2nd innings total.
With Chanderpaul and Banks looking good at the crease and Drakes who can score a good 20-odd, Dillon, 20-odd also and Lawson, who showed he can bat in the first innings, can get 15. So the West Indies look set for victory with a whole day to score 47 runs with 4 wickets in hand. It'll be interesting to see how the batsmen approach the situation tomorrow morning.

Scorecard:

K

killa_stiky2002

Mrs. Chanderpaul relieved after Husband's aggresive day's batting

Sorry for the file sizes. :killa:

B

bomber

Good on you Lisle, you got in first. :D

I don't blame you, good cricket by the Windie's. They should wrap up the match within the hour?

T20

Panel of Selectors
keep us posted today killa..wow what a win it will be! :sw:

R

Rangeela

windies got a really great chance of winning ... good luck to them

J

jonah

I was watching a little yesterday, and Lara looked awesome. Two consequetive sixes off MacGill were superb. When he got out trying another though, I thought it was all up for the Windies, but...
Good luck to them today, although DON'T write off those Aussies!

S

sonic

Yes the West Indies have been a little unfortunate i think during the course of the series. There have been a lot of decisions going in favour of Australia, some of the umpiring has been absolutely dreadful and I'm surprised David Shepherd and Venkat are STILL on the elite panel. Thats not to take anything away from the Australians though who fully deserve the plaudits for playing some fantastic cricket along the way, but I believe West Indies have contributed enough to have at least deserved to win one game and make ther series 3-1, cos 4-0 would just not be a realistic reflection of the game.

Good luck to our caribbean friends, hopefully they can break that record today for the highest run chase in the second innings of a match. Its going to be a very intense final hours play and I can't wait for things to explode :up:

thanks
sonic

Users who are viewing this thread