Will Shane Bond be fit for NZ's tour of England?

H

harmy_army

does anyone know wether Shane Bond will be fit and available for selection for NZ's tour of England this summer? I think Bond is a fantastic bowler probably my favourite

I know that he played for New Zealand "A" last week, Kyle Mills was the chief destroyer with 4 wickets, Bond bowled tidily, no wickets though...

Anyones thoughts?

i hope he is,looking at the way england are performing kiwis need bond fit and raring to go.

D

deadduck

It looks as if he is going to be fit. He is still warming into the game again though, his first performance against Sri Lanka A he went for 45 of 9 overs.

He is being rested for the 2nd match but should play the third.
If he can get back up to full pace and get that ball swinging again then the wickets should come.

D

deadduck

Originally posted by 0601731@Apr 5 2004, 07:39 AM
i hope he is,looking at the way england are performing kiwis need bond fit and raring to go.
Come, on. England are playing the West Indies, one of the worst teams in international cricket at the moment. And remember, the kiwis just played a really good series against South Africa where they won 5-1 in the ODI series and drew the tests 1-1.

S

squiz

I think it will be very close with or without bond, will be a great series

H

harmy_army

yes i agree, NZ have other very good bowlers as well as bond, chris martin and daryl tuffey are both impressive, personally, i would like bond to play, but in any case, squiz you're right, its going to be a great series

J

j+m

but new zealand can only have 10 batsmen cos chris martin is so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread