Will They Send It? - Cricket 2004!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
There were patches for commentary.
Patches for Gameplay.
No Patches for really bettering GFX.

"Planet Cricket 2004" was better then any of the latest Cricket Games.
So if you don't mind the graphics, get it.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think it's very fun Rob. About a million times better than 07 and tbh I like the graphics. The players may look thin but better than being really complex. For gameplaying purposes you could play a test match and still not be bored...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Get it from Amazon. By shipping times i meant the amount of time it will take to get to you. I'm guessing you dont live in the Uk ? I ordered my copy from Amazon Marketplace and it came next day. I've ordered loads of items from there and never had a problem, delivery will more than likely be quicker from Amazon.

I am from England hehe. Erm I guess I'll order from them then. Seeing as trev said it was just a problem because they didn't update...

I warn you now though Punk.
Cricket 2004 graphics are awful, and you seem to be the sort of person who likes good graphics (from that sig and comments about Fifa/PES).
The game is alright when patched, but it is only a few hours of fun before it gets boring and repetitive again.
The commentary is the most annoying of any game...

It is probably the best cricket game available when patched but it is still not very fun at all...

Mhh I used to have it on PS2, your right about me likeing my games to look good but I guess I'll have to bare with this because I know it's years old...now if it were a new release....lol.

I think it's very fun Rob. About a million times better than 07 and tbh I like the graphics. The players may look thin but better than being really complex. For gameplaying purposes you could play a test match and still not be bored...

Ah but theres a problem all the patches in the 'Download's Centre' seem to be giving this message: http://www.planetcricket.org/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewcategory&cid=8

I'll have a think about it and see if it's worth it Rob you reckon it's the best cricket game out in terms of gameplay which can only be a positive because thats what annoying me about the current games. Rubbish gameplay batting is good when patched but bowling sucks. I know for a fact Cricket 04 has good bowling I remember on PS2 I could get nicks, lbws and bowleds!

Thanks for all the replies keep em coming!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yes you just change the bit that says 'Last 30 days' to 'Beginning' :)

Lmao thanks trev. So tell me do you have like close games patched or not? and how is bowling for you?

PS: Can you PM your msn addy? thanks.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Take mines for free, just come to my house and take it... it's classic.. but too old.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Lmao thanks trev. So tell me do you have like close games patched or not? and how is bowling for you?

PS: Can you PM your msn addy? thanks.

Check the "how are you doing on cricket 2004" thread in the Cricket 2004 section. Its an awesome game, really worth buying, best cricket game in terms of gameplay avaiable.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeh very close games and very realistic. If you get it I will show you'll all the patches you need to make it really great :)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Take mines for free, just come to my house and take it... it's classic.. but too old.

If I PM you my address can't you send it? :p

Also I can't do ebay because I don't have an account and cbf to make one.

Yeah KP I had a breif look at that thread guess I'll look at it properly. Also thanks for the support trev...

One more thing, how is the bowling? On Cricket 07 I have to always have like 5 slips and 2 gully's in ODI's and Test's just so the cpu can score...:(

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes bowling is great. If you persist with a plan it'll work. Also you get lots of different types of wickets. Twenty20 games are realistic with the type of wickets that you get and OD's the same. Overall much more fun than all other cricket games!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yes bowling is great. If you persist with a plan it'll work. Also you get lots of different types of wickets. Twenty20 games are realistic with the type of wickets that you get and OD's the same. Overall much more fun than all other cricket games!

Awesome as soon as my mum gets home I'll get her to order it. I read through that thread and KP's match as India vs England seemed a belter of a match in Cricket 2005/2007 you can basically control how many runs you want to make by slogging it non stop you have to like force yourself to play ground shots to make it real. Hope thats not the case with Cricket 2004 AI Patches?

Cheers!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
down the ground shots are superb on cric 04. Because you can hit a lot of 4's with a few 3's and when the field is back you get 1's and maybe 2's if your quick. Also slog shots get you into trouble early. Sometimes it'll land safe and occasionally it will fly for 6. With patches the strokes vary a lot, which makes it very realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread