Will They Send It? - Cricket 2004!

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im not sure about cricket 04 but KP didnt say about Stroke Variation
I believe the gameplay patches themselves contain the modified stroke settings (if any), ie. the power of shots, edges etc.
One of the best matches I've ever had in my life so real the way Inzi and Yousuf carried out their innings and paced their innings, lovley game!
Aren't you glad you changed your sig just in time? ;)

I am quite tempted to go back playing to C04 once more, or at least finish my unfinished bats for it. Now if I can just get the time...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Pfft the sig doesn't count for old games hehe!

This game is so challenging I can't even score any runs hopefully will get the hang of it soon!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan v England ODI - Rawlpindi!

Well I've finally completed my first match on Cricket 2004 and I must say it's the best and most tense match I've had in my life on a cricket game, by far the best. I was using Boss V5 Patch btw...

So then I was England playing Pakistan at home, won the toss elected to bat first. Batted for a bit then Autoplayed we made 212-9 from our 50. Pakistan came out to bat with Hafeez & Butt got rid of them pretty quickly they were edging it all over the place so it was only a matter of time till they got out, Hoggard got em both. Afridi then came smashed it around but only made 12 runs until his mis-hit one in the air (so realistic) and was caught with ease.

Now then at that time I was thinking 'Oh no not another easy game' but I was so very very wrong Inzimam and Mohammed Yousuf took it to me with such a life-like batting display. I mean it was slow painful and very irritating Yousuf was going so very slow and Inzi was pacing himself very nicely. Now my concern was that they were just going to nerdle around but that wasn't the case Inzi got to his half century and Yousuf was just slowly pushing and nudging.

Not to mention Inzi had hit his fair share of 6's, Yousuf then got to a 50 to, I couldn't get a breakthrough what so ever I was getting frustrated and all then eventually got Inzi out around the 42nd over for 87 he had done the damage and set the platform for Pakistan. I then got rid of Razzaq quickly to and then Yousuf for 65. It was getting tense Akmal hit a few shots but then was dismissed eventually in the 46th over the tailenders did the job, scores were tied at 212 and Pakistan were 6 wickets down, I got one more wicket...but it wasn't enough Akhtar then hit one up thought it was going to be out but it landed short and Pakistan won the match finishing at 213-7!

One of the best matches I've ever had in my life so real the way Inzi and Yousuf carried out their innings and paced their innings, lovley game!
That sounds awesome, why can't Cricket07 produce results like them? Damn...

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
If there were more AI patches their would be more competition meaning better game. I wish there were heaps of AI patches around. Now if AbBh can make an update to his modified exe

cnbd_novice

International Coach
If there were more AI patches their would be more competition meaning better game.

I sincerely refuse to believe that. Why must it be the job of the patchers to ensure that the games reach their full potentials (to be acceptable by public)? Now correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe that there has been just as many AI patches for C07 as there has been for C04, if not more. Comparison to C07, C04 was a game that was born with some true elements of the game cricket. I know Colin had said that the encryptions for C04 has been crude, and that was what lead to so many breakthroughs for the game. While the patches made the game all the better, it is hard to refuse that even without them, perhaps people like Kevin would spend their time playing these older but better games rather than waste their money investing in the later, poorer titles. More patches don't necessarily mean a better game, and the likes of C02 or BLC are perfect examples of that when stacked up against the likes of C07 .

By the way, how many people can be persuaded to create updated patches for these older titles? For C04 the topic could be discussed here.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
That sounds awesome, why can't Cricket07 produce results like them? Damn...

The brilliant thing was, for once I kept proper fields and all usually I have like 6 slips or whatever so the CPU can score runs but this time I had proper fields and all, it really does pwn!

I sincerely refuse to believe that. Why must it be the job of the patchers to ensure that the games reach their full potentials (to be acceptable by public)? Now correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe that there has been just as many AI patches for C07 as there has been for C04, if not more. Comparison to C07, C04 was a game that was born with some true elements of the game cricket. I know Colin had said that the encryptions for C04 has been crude, and that was what lead to so many breakthroughs for the game. While the patches made the game all the better, it is hard to refuse that even without them, perhaps people like Kevin would spend their time playing these older but better games rather than waste their money investing in the later, poorer titles. More patches don't necessarily mean a better game, and the likes of C02 or BLC are perfect examples of that when stacked up against the likes of C07 .

By the way, how many people can be persuaded to create updated patches for these older titles? For C04 the topic could be discussed here.

There definatly ain't more AI Patches for C07 than C04 theres loads on that.

I do have to say it is because of the AI Patches that the game has become good or better, non the less the default AI isn't bad either just the bugs. Also your probably right about the fact that nearly all things have been cracked on C04 theres like an editor for everything, its awesome!

I'd create updated patchs btw!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Mhh heres my first complaint. I am using Boss's patch for batting and I was batting with England, Strauss hit like 5 on drives for 4 but my complaint is they were all in the same line, when I checked the spider graph all of them were in the same line there was just one line for about 5-6 on drives.....is anyone else having variation problems?

How do I get rid of the configs btw?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
It seems boss hasn't edited any of his strokes?

I downloaded a tutsi patch and it came with origonal configs and I was comparing the key frames and they were both the same, but then when cpu bats they get all sorts of variation?

innes

Club Cricketer
Am so gutted it doesnt work on my vista
powerful computer, but it just crashes to desktop saying the game has stopped working :crying

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I got my play.com version today lol I have two now!

Anyway here's a weirdness. I couldn't get any variation in my shots I imported exported everything installed the patches properly and all.

Now I was using Logitec Dual Action pad and just got no shot variation at all but they cpu did so I knew I installed the patch correctly.

Now then I decided I'd play with the keyboard and see if theres a difference, suprise suprise I got all the variation for my shots and it was awesome.

The I decided to play with my 360 USB controller and I got good variation but for some reason leg-side shots had no variation :(

Is there a way I can bat with keyboard then bowl with a controller?

.Mob

International Coach
Plug the controller in when it's your turn to bowl?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
that doesnt work I dont think.

Also I really do prefer controller I just feel more in control, but you can't get any variation what so ever :(

Users who are viewing this thread