Willow TV

S

squiz

could u record the matches to your hard-drive and watch them later?

S

satup

Originally posted by squiz@Mar 10 2004, 12:20 AM
could u record the matches to your hard-drive and watch them later?
Nope

I already Tried with India vs Australia matches last month.

Only way you can do it is to connect PC to TV then record it on your VCR and then connect your VCR back to your PC and record but that would take too much time and effort.

S

satup

Originally posted by amir51@Mar 9 2004, 06:50 PM
if u chekc wilows site, the good news is that hrye got rights but we dont know how much yet
Hey Amir

I checked early in the morning and saw the India Vs Pakistan March & April 2004 Pic but like you said they didn't have the info on how much it would cost but now after 8 hrs i can't even see the pic.

Does anyone know what's up with that?

S

satup

Originally posted by squiz@Mar 10 2004, 12:26 AM
mooo!, it would be worth the money if you could do that
Since I have a kick woof! PC, I could get the match on my hard drive and burn it on DVD with my dvd burner.

Which would be even better :D

J

jeromedascorp

Well thats why ppl who have dishnetwork are lucky. They can Record all thye matches. Plus, dish always replays matches the next day.

N

Nirav85

actualyl u r worng sat up u can record, my friend has done for a couple matches during vb series, moreover i think what he is doing is illegal i am not sure...u know copyright laws

S

satup

Originally posted by amir51@Mar 10 2004, 10:45 PM
actualyl u r worng sat up u can record, my friend has done for a couple matches during vb series, moreover i think what he is doing is illegal i am not sure...u know copyright laws
How?

Can you ask him?

I am pretty sure it is illegal to record and sell the match to someone else and make a profit from it but i am also pretty sure they is no law that that stops you from just recording a match and watching it whenever you want.

let me know dude because i have tried soo many things but nothing worked for me.

Thanks in Advance

S

satup

Willow Tv is starting to scare me know.

India vs Pakistan matches begin in less than 36 hrs and I still can't buy the package.

I don't know what to do. Anyone here know an alternate source to watch the matches on the Internet?

Thanks in Advance

J

jeromedascorp

Well it doesnt hel ppl who dont have dish. Thats the reason for willow tv. Plus, if u have dish, im 99% sure that they will block those sattelites because they make a load of money out of the Pay Per View. I mean why wud they jus give up $200?!!! And I think Willo TV Will tell u the prices on Friday Morning or afternoon. They still havent announced it.

S

satup

Here is a Quote from Willow Tv that I just saw for US Customers

"We are frantically working with the respective rights holders in various territories to try to make streaming available in those regions. Some of these discussions will continue through the last minute till the matches start. Rest assured that Willow TV is committed to making this offering available as widely as possible. Please check our site frequently for your region"

Why don't they do this earlier when they had about 2 months to get the rights?

Anyways Hope they do get the rights or I am screwed from kick woof! Cricket.

J

jeromedascorp

this is really getting ridiculous. the match is less than 9 hours away and they still dont have the rights!! I just hope that one day, cricket will be on a regular channel in the US. This PPV crap is really annoying.

J

jeromedascorp

Just for ppl's info, I contacted someone at Telstar Sattelites. They said trhat their service is not direct and is provided through sattelite providers such as Dishnetwork and Direct TV. So they will prolly block those Sattelites that Show the Series. Thats wat happenned to my friend during the world cup. He was gettingthis channel which replayed Everything a day later in US Daytime. He watched the opening Ceremony halfway when they suddenly blocked the channel. The problem is that ppl are willing to pay $200. When there are a lot fewer ppl willing to pay that price, then Dishnetwork will have no choice but to provide those channels to US Viewers. But will that ever happen? not in a million yrs for sure.

J

jeromedascorp

Willow TV Has got the rights finally. I wont be buying it since its $150 and the internet along with my comp isnt very reliable. If there is ne1 who is gettin it can u pls tell me? I really wanna watch it but cant afford to spend money like that.

Users who are viewing this thread