Windows 7 keeps freezing at the desktop

P

pcfan123

0lXNw.png

so what should I get? XP 64 bit or some other version of 7?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Your PC is good enough to run 7, you just need slightly more RAM. Yours is 1 gb. 2gb would be optimum. 4gb is more than enough

P

pcfan123

I'll see if I can get some ram and 7,, that should make it last until Christmas, when I get a new one :)

P

pcfan123

Im getting a new PC. Building one actually, a friend of mine is doing it for me.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Great.. so you building a multimedia pc of Gaming PC.?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's my little beast.. Served me quite well for last 2 years:yes

P

pcfan123

Thats pretty much what I am going to get, it will serve my purpose (video editing mostly) well and only costing me around 500.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
You are lucky. You would get all that stuff under 500 bucks. It costed me almost 1000 bucks here in india to build that pc.:facepalm Customs almost doubles the price.
I bought a Logitech G15 keyboard last Week. It is priced at 68 $ in US. Here i got it for 100 $:mad:

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pah Logitech G15. Go the Razer Arctosa :D (Though I do have a G9x :p)

I had always thought that Windows XP 64-bit wasn't the best idea. And that if you were going to go 64-bit you should go Windows 7.

I found Hong Kong the cheapest place to find computer parts

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I would say, stick to 32 bit if you want to stay with XP. It is much more compatible than the 64 bit edition.
32 bit suffices till the time you're installing more than 3 GB RAM. Since you are looking to build a new computer altogether in the near future, stay with 32 bit XP with your current configuration and when you get the new rig, go for 64 bit Windows 7.

From what I've heard, XP x64 had driver compatibility issues and also issues with other peripherals like printers, scanners etc.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would say, stick to 32 bit if you want to stay with XP. It is much more compatible than the 64 bit edition.
32 bit suffices till the time you're installing more than 3 GB RAM. Since you are looking to build a new computer altogether in the near future, stay with 32 bit XP with your current configuration and when you get the new rig, go for 64 bit Windows 7.

From what I've heard, XP x64 had driver compatibility issues and also issues with other peripherals like printers, scanners etc.

Yea that was what I read. No point upgrading the ram and os now when you're getting a new computer at the end of the year.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
@ chewie Arctosa,lycosa are just flahy keyboard. All looks nothing else. And dust magnets too. I'm loveing the G15 and its small LCD :p In lycosa it is very difficult to see the keys without backlight on even in day time. It isnt a problem with g15.:banana2

AngryPixel added 0 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

@ OP Sorry for hijacking your thread:p

Users who are viewing this thread