Status
Not open for further replies.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Reason:

- Slow Pitches
- No crowds
- Host team having trouble with their board

It's just gonna suck IMO, any predictions?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The only thing that is a fact there is the host team having issues with the board.

That said, a big reason that the CWC2007 had such low turn-out was the high ticket prices, as well as the restrictions in getting into the stadium. If the ICC appreciates that Twenty20 is just for a bit of fun and keeps the ticket prices low and allows the audience to have a good time (like was done in England/South Africa) then you could see a decent turnout for the event.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
WI is best place to watch cricket.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i hope it doesnt turn out to be another WC 07!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The main reason it'll be a flop is because the prestige of a World Cup is completely gone. Makes zero sense to have a world cup every year. Could cut cricketer's work loads down by a couple of weeks if they just ditch it. The ICC really need to be thinking about keeping professional cricketers at their peak, and not purely money. They should put a stop to yearly T20 WC's, give the IPL a specific window and clamp down on 7 match ODi series'. They're not helping themselves.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
T20 WC is gona be on every 2 years after this. they are just fixing the year with this 1. WC 50 over is on odd years too. so these 2 will crash together.

so after this, next T20 WC will be after 2 years in 2012 (SL), then on 2014 (ban). 2015 WC50. problem is there is champions trophy in there every 2 years too. now thats overkill.

i think they should just get rid of that champions trophy. there is no room for that. the main reason it was created was to promote cricket in countries like bangladesh and kaneya. and they dont even play on that any more.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Nah, Champions Trophy rules. It's even better than the 50 over World Cup. All the last 3-4 editions have been amazing and it produced some top class cricket. I don't see any problems with CT and World T20 clashing cause World T20 just takes 2 weeks to finish.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why can't Australia host any of these events?

Australia will also get chance but after westindies.As far 2010 world cup is on way i think it will be all-right tournament but it will be surelly better then 2009.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I'm pretty sure we are going to be co-hosting the 2015 World Cup with New Zealand.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Australia will also get chance but after westindies.As far 2010 world cup is on way i think it will be all-right tournament but it will be surelly better then 2009.
What makes you say that? 2007 and 2009 were fantastic tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread