X-BOX Version, Wireless Controller - Edge Vibration?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Has anybody playing on X-box with a standard X-box controller felt any vibrations for edges?

I haven't felt a single one, so challenging edge decisions is a lottery. This applies to all modes of the game i have played, and i have been dismissed caught behind a number of times. Some times it was clear from the animation i hit it, other times there was no discernable deviation and i challenged - sometimes i'd have hit it, sometimes not.

@Ross said we should always know (as a batsman) if we have edged it or not because of the vibration... i definitely don't get any whatsoever.

Wondering if it's some setting i have wrong or if anyone else has the same issue - do edges vibrate?

I've been playing with a standard wired xbox controller on xbox but have never felt an edge but there's always been something audible. Would try it with my wireless controller but the battery is buggered.

I know vibration works because I get it when I play a totally wrong shot that still manages to go somewhere - but never for edges.

I have rarely felt the controller vibrating on PS3 either. Nothing for edges though.

I don't get edge vibrations on my 360 controller. But I think my controller may need replacing. I HAVE had obvious snicks to keeper and slips though. On downside though....O have wasted LBW appeals to deliveries that 'snicko' has decided hit bat before pad.

No vibs here either and in at the age of 28 now and have yet to feel anything

I get vibrations on thick edges only.

On PS3 I have definitely had vibrations for edges. Be good if there wasn't any from really thin edges.

Playing on xbox. I've not had vibrations from the edge or off the middle of the bat.
I'm sure edges should vibrate the controller. They did in the nets beta using a PS3 controller.
I checked my xbox settings and it is set to vibrate, but nothing is felt during the game. Shame.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread