Xbox Live down?

khan31

International Coach
Whenever I sign into Xbox Live, the dashboard just displays the loading icon. This happens on every blade, but only when I sign into live. It started happening yesterday and hasn't sorted itself out. I was wondering if any of you are experiencing problems with XBL. I heard it was something to do with the over flooding of the servers after Xmas sales of XBoxs.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yeah it is down everyone is having the same problems, apparently it's because Microsoft have been banning modified consoles so somehow thats caused live to go down which is sucky.

But it's kind of coming back I think because me and my brother can go on chat with eachother again which we couldnt do a few days ago.

Notts til i die

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah iv'e just had the same problem mate. It jsut won't connect to any online games. It will be back up tomorrow hopefully.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Don't hold your breath on anything guys, Microsoft were never ones to go into things quickly.

Surely a man of Bill Gates class knows that an influx of sales around christmas will mean servers will take a hit? I know that, and i would have made dam sure it wouldnt crumble, yet it has crumbled!

khan31

International Coach
Well, I managed a few hours of gaming earlier today(2pm-4pm) (probably due to many people at work or asleep in different areas in the world) but at around 6pm-7pm problems began to occur again. I am really disappointed and ultiamtely shocked at the complete stupidity that Microsoft have displayed.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Just because the PSN network is free doenst mean its better. You pay more for the console so it evens up i suppose.

Microsoft have the better online facilities, its fact. Its plain stupidity that they didnt backup servers around Christmas! I mean, Bill is a clever man, but even i could have worked that out.

khan31

International Coach
Just because the PSN network is free doenst mean its better. You pay more for the console so it evens up i suppose.

Microsoft have the better online facilities, its fact. Its plain stupidity that they didnt backup servers around Christmas! I mean, Bill is a clever man, but even i could have worked that out.

He might be extremely intelligent in the computeworld but I doubt he has much common sense or business sense but thats no excuse as its most probable other people are involved in most of the decision making. Surely someone would've pointed it out to him.

Anyway, have any of you been able to play ganes online or access LIVE features recently?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, all fine!!

Ey up, right on cue, those damn American's have started switching on, and Xbox is going funny!

Lucky im going out soon else i'd be mad!

Last edited:

khan31

International Coach
It always messes up at around 7pm which means no late night gaming for us in the UK. When will they sort this out?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ohhh, this now is starting to annoy me so much its untrue. Some wouldnt believe, but im quite patient when it comes to things like this, two weeks is fine by me, but even me, with limited computer knowledge could get the bloody thing going.

I'm no Bill Gates but i have the common sense to know that christmas will be bring in another half a million suscription which in turn means updating, and getting new servers to handle it.

I'm not going to go moaning to MS saying that i want money back, and i'm going to get a PS3 tomorrow, because in reality, when XBL is up, its oh so good!!!!

Usually i get trouble but i can connect every 20 minutes to a full game, tonight i can't even connect. I'm so annoyed.

khan31

International Coach
It should be business as usuall says MS. They aren't really doing much about it but they're hoping now that everyone is back at school/college/uni/work etc the servers wont get over flooded. Thats what I heard. COrrect me if I'm wrong.

edit - I want my free game!! No doubt the servers will get flooded again as everyone will rush to download their free game. What are they playing at?

As for the lawsuite, $5 mil!!! You're having a laugh. What sort of damages can not playing online for a couple of days do? If its £35 a year subscription then thats nine pence (9p) a day which means the last two weeks has cost us AT THE MOST £1.34. So roughly a few dollars. I hope they dont want money for emotional damage or anything like that.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Xbox wont be sued! It written into XBL that the service they provide doesnt have to be consistant, or some words to that effect. So no, a law suit will get as far as the front door of the court and Big Bill will laugh it away.

Users who are viewing this thread