Xbox One looking good

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I will upgrade when the time comes, I will be sticking with my ps3 for now. p.s Also no bigant cricket on xbox one or ps4 yet right ross.;)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Agreed, except it was not enough to save the GameCube. The Wii is a GameCube with a new form factor, higher clock setting and a new controller - imo they got lucky with that.

Not so sure about them getting lucky...they really seemed to know their audience with the wii and the commercials and promotion reflected that. People in the states atleast really liked the "japanese" and "family" vibe of the commercials. Plus I hear you are more likely to get laid by having a wii (girls dig it totally) ...rather than an xbox or ps3. At least That is what i heard...havent had the opportunity to test it out.

playkid12

Club Captain
Xbox One is a piece of crap. It requires you to connect to the internet every 24 hours. Or else, you can't play. Some games and services will require a persistent connection. If you are somewhere without any Internet connection at all, such as a military base, you will NOT be able to use Xbox One.

If you borrow your friend's game, you can't play it. It's linked to their account. This is absolute bs.

Kinect scans and checks how many people are in the room, and can charge per person when playing a movie.

They also scan the room to see if you leave your tv when commercials are playing, etc. so they can report that information back. Microsoft files for living room-snooping patent (Wired UK)

It's basically one gigantic invasion of privacy to another. Console gaming is going to die. It's been on the decline ever since the advent of smartphones.

Not so sure about them getting lucky...they really seemed to know their audience with the wii and the commercials and promotion reflected that. People in the states atleast really liked the "japanese" and "family" vibe of the commercials. Plus I hear you are more likely to get laid by having a wii (girls dig it totally) ...rather than an xbox or ps3. At least That is what i heard...havent had the opportunity to test it out.

You get laid by confidence and game. By game, people don't mean owning a certain videogame system. Nintendo is considered the more "social" system out of the three because it's made for the casual gamer. Nintendo knows their market.

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agreed, except it was not enough to save the GameCube. The Wii is a GameCube with a new form factor, higher clock setting and a new controller - imo they got lucky with that.

T'was the motion control that saved the Wii for a new years until people realised that motion control only works for a small number of games - most of them stuff that nintendo developed...

The Gamecube really wasn't that bad - having played all three systems; games ran the best on the Gamecube compared to the original xbox and the PS2...

e: typos...

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Good lord. The chat coming from Microsoft regarding the nextbox is highly depressing. Sony have not only dominated the second half the current generation, they are shaping up to dominate the start of the next one too. Providing consumers actually have any semblance of a clue.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wii U could be DOA

Could?

I don't know anyone who's interested in it, even as an oddity. Thing is, I haven't busted out my Wii in 4 years... and I loved that thing solid for about 3 months then never touched it again. Waste of money...

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Things keep getting better...
JlsesPY.png

Users who are viewing this thread