Your Cricket Your favourite Shot..

shubhrayu

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
For every batsman...It's your trademark...Selectors may not remember your name that well..But they'll remember the best shot of yours you played..Which is yours?

For me it's the On-Drive and the Leg Glance...Some Times I do play the square cut quite well...

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would have to say the straight drive and the cut shot. Oh and the forward defence, probably my best of the lot :p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Straight drive for me. Once I'm settled and have my eye in I'm very strong down the ground, especially going aerial straight over the bowlers head.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I don't have one of those great shots anymore. Forward defence is probably my best, but I love coming down the track to the spinners, and clipping them (along the ground) through midwicket, plus rocking back for the cut (against spinners), sweeping, and if I can, pulling. To the quicks, all I try to do is defend and play straight, especially as I almost cant play cover drives, and I no longer have confidence in my cuts to the quicks. Flicks are another shot I play regularly, last season I got out to flicks far to much (something ridiculous like 4 in the first 7 innings, then a couple more after!), so I gave up playing it. In the nets, I've been hitting it well, IMO, and I'm probably going to play it this season. After all, it's a good run scorer, sometimes boundary hitter, and strike rotation shot.

Manly

Thor
Lofted straight drive. Against anyone.

Thing is, that's about the only shot I can play vs Spinners, and one game 1st ball 4 runs, they dropped the mid-off and on back, cutting it off.

Also the slog-sweep. Good times :)

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Leg glance and late cut through the slips for four, in games.
At practice its the ramp and reverse sweep. (don't try those in games)

Habib_Bhai

School Cricketer
Leg Glance and the pull shot are probably my best shots. Though I love trying to play the reverse sweep against spinners.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah...a thread from more than a year ago. Nice.:sarcasm

Fark, that's ridiculous. That's what the search is for my friend. You use it to find old threads that are on the same topic so you don't need to make a new one. It's almost as bad as people saying: "Way to bump a thread from a year ago". Maybe they wanted to talk about that topic but didn't want to make a new thread when there already was one. Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread