Your Cricket Your New Season Gear Wishlist

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The new season is approaching; as is the want and need for new gear. So, what have you got on your list for the upcoming season ? Personally i'm in the hunt for quite alot of stuff, which isn;t going to be easy considering i'll be needing to run a car soon, so i may have to make cut backs (xbox sale most likely). But anyway, here's my list of stuff that i'll hopefully be buying in the next few months:

problade_front.jpg

glove_xtecarmour_back.jpg

bag_elite_red.jpg

Stripper-P1.gif

showimage.asp

That should do me for the whole of next season :D What you think ?

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have two of things you want. The slazenger bat is a beautiful one.

The things i have bought are;
showimage.asp

showimage.asp

Need a new helmet as mine is broken but im not sure if i will get one and would also love some new gloves.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I bought myself a gray nicholls powerbow, not off the web obviously, and theres a massive difference with this to my old one. Will be getting some new pads soon too, don't know what. Last season for me ever to play cricket at any particularly good level I reckon, will enjoy it once i get all that gcse crap out the way because at the minute every time I play cricket I feel guilty about the fact I shuld be doing coursework.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
You're 15, you really shouldn't have that much coursework to do. I certainly didnt, i don;t even get that much at A Level. Lifes too short to be spending your time doing school work, and as soon as teachers realise that the better ;). Play and enjoy your cricket, you should be allowed loads of time off where you can get away from schoolwork.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Oh well its all in for about 2 weeks anyway :) I think our team might go and play in OZ next winter so i should probably be looking for a chest and thigh guard too :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This is a great thread!
I need to get my bat repaired really as it has a crack in it - I'm not keen on buying another new one! In other news I'd really like someone to give me a helmet and thigh/arm guards but I can't see it happening and my team mates would laugh at me. They're already laughing at the fact that my Ricky Ponting pads (won in last years PC awards) are worth twice as much as my bat. They don't reckon that either will see much use...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This is a great thread!
I need to get my bat repaired really as it has a crack in it - I'm not keen on buying another new one! In other news I'd really like someone to give me a helmet and thigh/arm guards but I can't see it happening and my team mates would laugh at me. They're already laughing at the fact that my Ricky Ponting pads (won in last years PC awards) are worth twice as much as my bat. They don't reckon that either will see much use...

Speaking of the new season, will you be writing about it in your journal? It was a good read last year.

When the season gets closer and I can find a club, I will see about buying some new gear.

Manly

Thor
Am in the hunt for a new helmet, because the grill keeps moving right up close to the visor, meaning I can't actually see out of the damn thing. Other than that, I think I'm good to go in the summer. Got my lucky towel... :D

Chimp132

International Cricketer
Am in the hunt for a new helmet, because the grill keeps moving right up close to the visor, meaning I can't actually see out of the damn thing. Other than that, I think I'm good to go in the summer. Got my lucky towel... :D

your in luck lol, ive got a albion club edition helmet that im getting rid of, want about ?30 for it size is large. add me on msn if you want to know any more about it or if your interested.

Manly

Thor
your in luck lol, ive got a albion club edition helmet that im getting rid of, want about ?30 for it size is large. add me on msn if you want to know any more about it or if your interested.

You are literally hours late mate, snagged one for ?20 quid used once rrp ?50, sorry man.

And I can see out of it...:)

Animator!

School Cricketer
The Newbery all white pads and gloves, Cos my Salix pads and gloves are wrecked after nets so far. I'll need some new Keepers gloves at some point because they're falling apart, but I won't get anymore till they have actually fallen apart.

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
I've already got a GM Catalyst 808, rest of the stuff is fine, might grab some Canterbury Under armour.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I've got my head set on reusing last years bat but i have the money set aside for cricket gear. I've lost touch this season of all the bats, which would be the best for me?

Slogger, some would say, most of the time if its there its off, if not i am :p. No seriously, i enjoy hitting big, or generally not looking for runs, i dont do running too well :p i also want one which is a little on the heavy side, but one which is nice and smooth on the stroke.

Any ideas?

The Newbery all white pads and gloves, Cos my Salix pads and gloves are wrecked after nets so far. I'll need some new Keepers gloves at some point because they're falling apart, but I won't get anymore till they have actually fallen apart.

Theres something in that, all the keeps i know, and i'm occasionally one of them, tend to keep thier kit way longer than any other player, if it aint broke, its good. Is it bred into all keepers? I've had my gloves for 3 years now and although i only keep like 3 times a season, i can see me having them for 20 years :p Our senior WK Batsmen has the same gloves as he did in 1995, its just stupid lol. They're well kept after, but they're damned old.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread