Your Cricket Your New Season Gear Wishlist

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah,old gloves are always the best. Work in, nice and soft and fit round yours hands.

KP - Definitely get the Aero thigh pads, they're absolutely brilliant. Had mine for two years, totally blows everything else out of the water.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Well the season is season is coming to a close in some parts of Australia(including me):(. But i did get a gray nicolls viper 100 size 6 top grade english willow. And a kookaburra arm guard. However im looking to get new gloves looking as though it may be slazenger gloves next season.:)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Changed my mind :p. The slaz kit is more expensive than what i want now, and i'm only getting the grade 3 Pro Blade. Therefore i'm going to be getting this pack. This is £260 for Premier Pads, Premier Gloves and Hard Drive Gold (grade 1 willow). I know i shouldn't order online, but meh, I'm sure it won't make too much of a difference, my current bat was ordered from CricketSupplies and it's a decent enough bat for a grade 3 English Willow.

Gold-Hard-Drive.jpg

cricketbattinggloves03.jpg

cricketbattingpads01.jpg

I'll still be getting the Aero thigh pads, but i'll be getting a Woodworm bag, the Midi Holdall instead of the Slaz one. Also, just found this:

058143.jpg

A Woodworm jumbo wristband for £5 from Romida.co.uk :D

Last edited:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Woah! I'd never spend £260 on just 3 items even though they do look pretty awesome...

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Bumpage, ordered my gloves and bag yesterday. It came today and it's damn massive, absoloutely swamps my cheap Slazenger holdall. Here's a few pics of it, with my sweatbands included in the 2nd pic;

Bag open with all equipment inside
Top of the bag, with sweatbands
Side of bag with Woodworm Logo

What you think ? It's much better looking than I thought it was on the pictures on the net. The gold logo's are really shiny and it looks really well made. The amount of space inside is incredible aswell, really like it. Now i just need to fill it with some Woodworm kit :D. My gloves will hopefully be here either today or tommorow, then when i shift my 360 I can go ahead and order my Aero P1 Strippers, Woodworm pads, Woodworm Helmet and Woodworm Gold Hard-Drive. You likee the bag ?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yep :D. I just love having new stuff, and I do actually need most of the stuff i've ordered. My old bag was broken with the zip coming away from the bag leading to a big hole on the side, my gloves got wet and have stretched and are now uncomfortable, the stitching on the top of my pads is coming away and the padding poking through. The rest of the stuff is just stuff i've fancied for a while :p. I don't need Aero P1's (although i tend to get hit on the inner right thigh fairly often), a new helmet or a new bat, but I might aswell get them if i've got the money, nothing better to spend me money on.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well, I need a new bat, my Slazenger sxi has no rubber grip on it (It was ringed, so it was horrible anyway) and it's not as light and easy to play with as my old Gray Nicolls Millenium Destroyer, but that's just past it.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Why do grips slide up?, Its so annoying...

Does anyone know how to prevent it, I've tried putting tape onto the place where the grip meets the wood.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
nothing really unless you super glue it down = \ just roll it up then down to stretch the grip or just take it off then roll it back down, only takes a second.

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
ok here we go

gearze7.png

Thats my gear - the bag is way too big but does the jobb when I went on tour ;)

Overall too expensive and still got to get the Gloves and pads currently using the same but not the new model

cant wait - dont get to play again till 2009 sad due to English change of season and moving back there:)

Get 50% off newbery as well due to sponsership :p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
That's damn nice kit Freddi !! Love that Newberry bat :D

I've got a new piece of kit to add to my wishlist instead of the Aero P1 strippers. I've been in contact with Steve Remfry, who provides bespoke cricket protection for many, many pros. He's quoted me $300aus for a main thigh-pad and an inner thigh pad, which is much more expensive than the P1 Strippers but I'm sure that Remfry equipment would be of much higher quality, and the inner and main thigh-pad from Remfry would be custom made for my measurements, so that can only be a positive. Anyone got any Remfry gear ?

rvdthunder

Club Cricketer
i have all kd sport stuff, i love it, this is seriously the best bat i have used, its the kd grandes 6000 LE. players quality willow, specially designed for james hopes before he changed sponsorship so i picked it up for a bargain $490AUD

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The Kookaburra Big Kahuna won the All Out Cricket Gear Test:

big.jpg

But that's too heavy for me, so...

pure_blade_elitepro.jpg

This is the bat for me.

Users who are viewing this thread