Your Cricket Your New Season Gear Wishlist

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
SO im guessing you all buy cricket bats for their pretty stickers... its not a fashionable item you take to the clubs with you

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
SO im guessing you all buy cricket bats for their pretty stickers... its not a fashionable item you take to the clubs with you

Erm... who are you talking to? I pay no attention to my image in any aspect at all!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
It's probably aimed at me tbh. I like an aesthetically pleasing bat personally, but if it's god awful there's no point to having it. For me, the Woodworm bats pick-up beautifully and suit my game as I enjoy having a nice light feeling bat and the Woodworm does the job. I've seen the bat I want in a shop, the Gold Hard Drive and I love it, it feels perfectly weighted and has thick old edges, lovely bat. So I do look at the appearance but at the end of the day performance is what is most important.

rvdthunder

Club Cricketer
the best way to pick a bat imo is to go to a indoor net centre (preferably a notable one), and have a training session there, ask them to use some of the bats they have on a bowling machine, try the different brands and weights and see what suits you the best, and at the end of the day, anyone who cares about stickers wont go a long way in cricket

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Lol a brand doesnt make a bat, anyone who follows cricket knows that, you could have the most dog ugly cricket bat with lines going every which way and it could be an ice cold killer...

Users who are viewing this thread