Your personal bests

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
And of course only 5 day games played between Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are Test matches. No other cricket is.

R

rasi

Hey guys, you know what Dalmiya has said? There are going to be no more one-day competitions for the U-15 and U-17 boys from now on. This step is to improve the spinners and to develop the kids in playing with proper technique.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not sure thats a good idea. I know in England most kids under 17 do not have the time to play a game longer than a one-dayer, and all cricket at Under 15s and below is only one day cricket, sometimes less.

R

rasi

I think it is a good move by the BCCI.

The move is basically aimed at breeding quality spinners.
In a test match, a spinner gets to flight the ball a bit more than they do in limited overs matches. They cannot do the same in limited overs matches as, I hope you all know, Indians are probably the best players of spin. A spinner who flights the ball will stand no chance in a limited overs game because nearly every Indian batsman uses his feet. Add to that there is a whole new generation of players who use their bottom hand more often. Tell me guys, would you flight the ball in such a situation? And no spinner is going to threaten a quality side if he is not able to flight the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread