Your Team of 2006!

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Look at Mortaza's figures in 2006 against teams of higher class, the 2 of them they played were Australia and Sri Lanka.

Australia: Bowling average: 32.25
Sri Lanka: Bowling Average: 38.40

So although he averaged 20 in the year, this was only done by averaging 12.63 against Kenya, 22 against Scotland and 19.35 against Zimbabwe. Not exactly the strongest of batting line ups.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Look at his economy rate and at the pitches, and compared to the other bowlers. They are good figures.
And he'd make it into India, easily. If VRV can, Mortaza can. And quite easily in England too. And I'm pretty sure he could fight off Gillespie and Mason in the Kiwi's lineup...

PhilD123

International Coach
ZoraxDoom said:
Look at his economy rate and at the pitches, and compared to the other bowlers. They are good figures.
And he'd make it into India, easily. If VRV can, Mortaza can. And quite easily in England too. And I'm pretty sure he could fight off Gillespie and Mason in the Kiwi's lineup...
Yep, am looking at his economy rate against Australia and Sri Lanka. 6.39 against Australia and 5.18 against Sri Lanka, not that impressive to be honest. You can't pick a team of the year based on performances against the Kenya's and Scotland's.

VRV isn't in the India ODI side

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Are you sure about those? Last time I checked, his economy was about 4-5 against Australia...

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
As I said when I picked my team, I wasn't doing it based on who would make it into someone elses team, this isn't an "ideal XI from world cricket". It's a performances in 2006 based thing.

With that being the case Mortaza has earned that place, even if most of his performances were against lesser opposition, he has still performed exceptionally well against them.

May as well lock this thread, as the team I posted is clearly the definitive team of the year :p

PhilD123

International Coach
ZoraxDoom said:
Are you sure about those? Last time I checked, his economy was about 4-5 against Australia...
In 2006 its 6.39 and this is the team of the year for 2006.

irottev

School Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
I'm pretty sure he could fight off Gillespie and Mason in the Kiwi's lineup...

I don't think so. Yes to Manson (who only really played because of 3 bowler injuries), no to Gillespie.

Users who are viewing this thread