Your wishlist/suggestions thread

umosay

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
More 'cricket stuff' animations happening like a new batsman taking guard, marking the crease, gardening (especially when being beaten) and general stuff like looking around the field, practicing the same shot if beaten etc. (NOT cut-scenes)

Never liked the fact you can move around the crease prior to delivery, take guard, then the movement should come after the ball is bowled.

Last edited:

rocky_g

International Cricketer
If India is playing DRS should automatically be disabled for both the teams. :D

yashtop

School Cricketer
And also in the previous games, the AI would always bowl from over the wicket(Whether left or right handed batsmen) and made the line and length easy to hit..Would love to see if the bowlers would change their angle to bowl as it would add to realism :yes
^Good idea. The same can be applied to the bowler use of crease. They can skip to wide off the crease at the last moment instead of starting wide as was the case in previous many games.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
More 'cricket stuff' animations happening like a new batsman taking guard, marking the crease, gardening (especially when being beaten) and general stuff like looking around the field, practicing the same shot if beaten etc. (NOT cut-scenes)

That would be pretty cool to watch those animations in real tome rather than cut scenes.

umosay

Club Captain
That would be pretty cool to watch those animations in real tome rather than cut scenes.

Yes, all we really see in past games is the batsman about to take guard, it gets boring and repetitive. After you ruffle up a tail ender with some short bowling and hitting him you want to see him stumble around a bit, walk away and collect himself... walk back into the crease. Depending on where he gets hit there would be different reactions.

This would make it interesting to see the bowler walk back to his mark as well (not all the time obviously) but the fact we can shine the ball may also mean there is a point to watch the bower go back to his mark. Again, that will probably be for the hardcore :lol:

For exciting parts of the game this could be good.

Also, a big aspect for me is getting the pace of the bowlers to look correct. If you bowl a steepling bouncer at 145k it has to look pretty fast and intimidating, in other cricket games it either floats or the bowling action is in slow motion, no sense of speed or joy at beating the edge.

umosay

Club Captain
Wonder if running speed will affect the bowlers run up? For instance Dale Steyn runs in very quick, while Tim Southee merely ambles in.

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Wonder if running speed will affect the bowlers run up? For instance Dale Steyn runs in very quick, while Tim Southee merely ambles in.

I hope not, in reality there isn't much correlation between run in style and pace.

ricky87

Club Captain
This would make it interesting to see the bowler walk back to his mark as well (not all the time obviously) but the fact we can shine the ball may also mean there is a point to watch the bower go back to his mark. Again, that will probably be for the hardcore :lol:

I think we will have this in Table Top Cricket also :)

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
I wish the audio files for nick names can be manually replacable by modders, so instead of something like 'The terminator' the commentator say the true names of players(like 'Sehwag') which were replaced by modders. That way atleast PC users can have original player names in commentary.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I wish the audio files for nick names can be manually replacable by modders, so instead of something like 'The terminator' the commentator say the true names of players(like 'Sehwag') which were replaced by modders. That way atleast PC users can have original player names in commentary.
With other games the issue is usually that it's near impossible to find good enough audio clips to replace the commentary in such a way.

Most would have crowd noise in the background, and even if you got the right commentator saying the right name it is unlikely to flow very well.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The game is pretty much complete it seems. This Wishlist thread is useless unless Ross takes the suggestions into account for the next game.

Jcook8097

School Cricketer
I dont think its good when you become captain of your side and you cant pick bowlers and how they are automatically selected for you, thats the one fault i still have in the game

Users who are viewing this thread