Zimrahil - shots

scottwhatmore

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Zimrahil- you are good with stroke editing, so would you be able to tell me what to change (through Notepad or the stroke editor) to make me hit all the yorkers?

I would like to hit cover drives, straight drives and on drives, without being yorked.

Please tell me!!

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
scott
the poor programming in this game means that, unless your timing is perfect, any shot other than the sweep will result in you (human) being yorked.
I am afraid I don't know of any way of overcoming this - I have altered all of the settings in the stroke folder with no success regarding this matter :(

Edited By zimrahil on 1034327911

kiwi

School Cricketer
scott
the poor programming in this game means that, unless your timing is perfect, any shot other than the sweep will result in you (human) being yorked.
I am afraid I don't know of any way of overcoming this - I have altered all of the settings in the stroke folder with no success regarding this matter :(

There is a way to do it my instinct says but for now am not sure. Also Zim you remember the following code :

PowerArea...Power...DirectionArea...Direction...Frame...KeyFrame....Special.6Hit....Mode..
..BallLength..BallBatsman.BallStumps..BowlerTypes.EdgeProb6...EdgeProb3...EdgeProb....Rewa
rd6.Reward3.Reward..Difficulty6.Difficulty3.Difficulty..Faceing.Type....BallSwingNightL.Ba
llSwingNightD.BallSwingGrey...BallSwingOvercast...BallSwingCloudy.BallSwingSunny..BallSeam
Dusty...BallSeamHard....BallSeamNormal..BallSeamGreen...BallSeamDamp....OffSpinDusty....Of
fSpinHard.OffSpinNormal...OffSpinGreen....OffSpinDamp.OffSpinSpeed....OffSpinArm..LegSpinD
usty....LegSpinHard.LegSpinNormal...LegSpinGreen....LegSpinDamp.LegSpinSpeed....LegSpinFli
pper..SwingNormal.SwingQuick..Slow....Fast....TargetSizeMax...TargetSizeMin...CpuReward...
CpuRequest..CpuBattingMatchType.CpuTacticsDefend....CpuBallsFaced...CpuBatsmanType2.CpuDif
ficulty...CpuBatsmanType..CpuRandom...CpuContactHorz..CpuContactVert..CpuBallLength...CpuB
allBatsman..CpuBallStump....MaxTrajAdjust...MaxPosAdjust....TimeIdealWindow.TimeDiffIdeal.
..TimeEnd.TimeStart...TimeDiff....BatEdgeBias.BatEdgeOrder....BatEdgeAverage..BatEdgeStrok
e...BatEdgeDifficulty...BatRandomLevel..BatOrderLevel...BallsFacedLevel.StrokeDiffLevel.Sc
oreBias...DiffLevel...Gravity.WicketRollingResistance.WicketRestitutionY..WicketRestitutio
nXZ.RollingResistance...RestitutionY....RestitutionXZ...Condition...Six.Agg.Mod.Def.Stroke
Prob..RunRate

This one is not from BLC but is from Cricket2002.exe file. The references are not to be found for this settings anywhere in the file, I suppose its in the configs.dat file. They have obviously used the same config files from blc for bowling and batting but have used a compression on these. There should be a way to crack it if not today sometime in future by some geek.

kiwi

School Cricketer
Zimrahil- you are good with stroke editing, so would you be able to tell me what to change (through Notepad or the stroke editor) to make me hit all the yorkers?

I would like to hit cover drives, straight drives and on drives, without being yorked.

Please tell me!!

One way to do it is reduce difficulty for all the shots is to change the Difficulty in the .saf files for all shot files to 0. Also change BowlerTypes to 15 (All bowlers), BallStumps to 3 (means notwithstanding where the ball is bowled from the reach of the stump), BallBatsman to 3 (whereever the ball might pitch the reach of the batsman to ball will be considered as valid), BallLength to 3 (means whatever the length of the ball is on the pitch). I have tried this myself to before and it works I can assure you. You can apply vice versa settings to paddle sweep shot to not be able to sweep the fast bowlers.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer

Please tell me!!
One way to do it is reduce difficulty for all the shots is to change the Difficulty in the .saf files for all shot files to 0. Also change BowlerTypes to 15 (All bowlers), BallStumps to 3 (means notwithstanding where the ball is bowled from the reach of the stump), BallBatsman to 3 (whereever the ball might pitch the reach of the batsman to ball will be considered as valid), BallLength to 3 (means whatever the length of the ball is on the pitch). I have tried this myself to before and it works I can assure you. You can apply vice versa settings to paddle sweep shot to not be able to sweep the fast bowlers.

That sounds like a good suggestion ravi :), but people must be aware that by changing the difficulty setting in the saf files to zero, this will affect the cpu stroke selections & performance in the game.

Without getting bogged down into too much detail, a difficulty rating of zero for a shot increases its likelihood to be played by the cpu (the reward value has an impact on this too), & also means that the cpu is more likely to play well timed shots, (higher difficulty rating means cpu more likely to mis-time the shot), therefore care should be taken when deciding on which shots to alter.

This probably makes no sense at all so apologies if that's the case :)

kiwi

School Cricketer

Please tell me!!
That sounds like a good suggestion ravi :), but people must be aware that by changing the difficulty setting in the saf files to zero, this will affect the cpu stroke selections & performance in the game.

Without getting bogged down into too much detail, a difficulty rating of zero for a shot increases its likelihood to be played by the cpu (the reward value has an impact on this too), & also means that the cpu is more likely to play well timed shots, (higher difficulty rating means cpu more likely to mis-time the shot), therefore care should be taken when deciding on which shots to alter.

This probably makes no sense at all so apologies if that's the case :)

No worries there matey you might just be right. Hey what the heck if we cannot get some realism into this game tweaking the shot files, we can now have a gameplan just like we did in BLC. I think you should dust away all those file tweaked .cfg files for use in Cricket 2002, though not a geek I have been able to implement those in Cricket2002 and contol gameplay just like we did in BLC. Please see my other topic for details.

Users who are viewing this thread