Don Bradman Cricket 14 is Big Ant?s Big Honour

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In this case, less is more

Well said though I wish there was something which said something about "Career Mode" coz this is the only cricket game which has a career mode... maybe something to the effect "Can you follow in the legend's footsteps and end up with an average of 99.94 in your career?"

To me Bradman, Cricket Academy (to counter licenses) and career mode are the 3 things which need to be show-cased, especially for casual gamers... coz hardcore cricket gamers & fans won't look past Bradman's name.

It's nitpicking anyway since you can't go wrong with Bradman's name and pic on a cricket game cover :cheers

Last edited:

Sue Ridgepipe

Banned
Case looks exactly like the green box Cricket 96 came in(or was it Super International Cricket), except it had Slater on the cover making his first ton in England. Not that I give a ratz about what it looks like...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, credulity can be a form of dishonesty. The shoe fits.

I am a firm believer in that which is played on the field stays on the field. I'm not sure is Jamie feels the same way towards myself as I do play pretty hard but felt that I needed to as we have been the underdogs and were entering what was when I started pretty hostile territory. Ashes certainly owned this place.

I have the greatest professional respect for Jamie for rarely deflecting blame for the lesser points of Ashes 2013 and mostly copping it on the chin. As has been said by the Ashes camp, 505 have done nothing wrong, they merely provided the money and were promised a good game by a reasonable date, being June 21st. Jamie could have told it like it is and pointed the finger where the blame really lay, he never did.

Jamie is a good guy put in the hardest of positions, selling something that could not be sold.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Ross, with the bradman academy will we get to download the bradman you guys created? I know it will be locked and un-editable due to license but still.

By the way the number of likes in your facebook page for dbc14 is flying. Already 1/4th of the members in your studio page, which also includes fans of rugby and afl.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well said though I wish there was something which said something about "Career Mode" coz this is the only cricket game which has a career mode... maybe something to the effect "Can you follow in the legend's footsteps and end up with an average of 99.94 in your career?"

To me Bradman, Cricket Academy (to counter licenses) and career mode are the 3 things which need to be show-cased, especially for casual gamers... coz hardcore cricket gamers & fans won't look past Bradman's name.

It's nitpicking anyway since you can't go wrong with Bradman's name and pic on a cricket game cover :cheers

The front of box will lead people to look at the back of box.

----------

Ross, with the bradman academy will we get to download the bradman you guys created? I know it will be locked and un-editable due to license but still.

Yes.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The front of box will lead people to look at the back of box.

With Bradman on the cover you have potentially expanded your consumer base... folks who aren't cricket gaming fans but will probably buy the game seeing Bradman's name on the cover. Or cricket fans (not gamers) as gifts for their friends/families/kids coz of the great man.

It's fair to say you are no longer the underdog... that mantle has been taken over by AC13 :p

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I bet ross has some other plans for Don in this game, in the next few weeks I bet we will find out unless ross wants to open up a little.:spy PS I want the metal tin version of the game, if $200 so be it.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
As bullet points behind the box, career mode should be the first thing to be listed and highlighted the most. Should be followed by the cricket acadmy, fielding system and then manual appeal and review systems. And then battling and specially the new bowling system should be mentioned.

Everything else like realistic physics, environment, AI etc should come after that, because these are things every other cricket games have claimed to have before and doesn't have that much effect on the consumers' minds anymore.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Don Bradman's likeness in the screenshot is sublime. If there is such a thing as a classic scenario mode I'd like to turn Bodyline on its head and try and knock him out with Larwood!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I am a firm believer in that which is played on the field stays on the field.

I totally respect your right to play it that way: as you suggest, you do what you need to do to win, and there's certainly no hard feelings buddy... But I don't necessarily like it. :)

I read a really nice quote the other day that summed it up for me:

?I played under Alan Kippax in New South Wales for some time, I played under Jack Ryder in the Test series in 28-29, I played under Bill Woodfull in 1930 until he retired, and I captained the side until I retired. And in the whole of that time, I don?t recall one single incident of sledging. It never occurred, and it would not have occurred because it would not have been allowed, not one of those captains would have allowed it. If it had happened under me I would have given the fellow one warning, and if it had happened again I would have made sure he was not selected again?. it never went on in my day, not at all, and I don?t think it should happen now.?

This guy gets it... right? :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unfortunately I fall into the basket of good quality banter when done with a big enough wink in the eye is good fun for everyone... You gotta give as good as you can take, and I generally take plenty.

Sue Ridgepipe

Banned
Think Big Ant might be missing a trick not putting Sachin or Dhoni somewhere on the cover...Indian's favourite conversation around the water cooler/slurry hole is debating whether or not Sachin is better than Bradman (even though the likes of Sangakarrra and Karris average more). There's a lot more opportunity to move product given their population.

The second an official product associated with Sachin hits the shelf money comes rolling in - why do you think they refuse to drop the has-been from the test side? It would cost the ICC and Indian Cricket big time

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They're too expensive and greedy bud. That's why they're not using them. I don't want to ruin anyones hero-worship of course but Tendulkar isn't going to endorse a game for fun and skittles... The money that I've heard thrown around that developers pay for naming rights and officially licensed stuff would blow your mind, now triple that for players...

Everyone has a price.

Users who are viewing this thread