Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashes is dead. It has ceased to be, it is no more. It has joined the choir invisible, pushing up daisies etc. etc.

nobody serious about a retail release puts a game out on steam first. in ross' words, it "pisses off retailers". nobody serious about a retail release withdraws the facebook, makes no announcement whatsoever on release, not even a tweet. nobody with a game that broken presses disks and pays distributors.

they tried the digital claw back, and got barely 72 hours of it before it was pulled.

you're playing chess against a dead man.

As much as I would like to agree, Ross has indicated that AC13 could still be releasing on console based on the mail he has received.

I reckon we just hold off a little bit until we hear/see something official.

Last edited:
I just question for how long AC13 being utterly shite will affect DCB14's sales and reputation.

Once AC13 has died its very quick (and hopefully painful) death, will people several months down the line still have the same attitude about cricket games? Especially when DBC14 will have been out for a few months and will have probably collated numerous positive critic and user reviews (you would think) and AC13 will be long forgotten. I very much doubt it. This is a marathon, not a sprint after all.

DBC14 is going to blow AC13 out of the water whatever ever happens. I can understand that Ross wants to avoid any negative attitude(s) towards DBC14 by waiting until AC13 has well and truly gone, but DBC14 will win anyway.

DBC14 is going to have a monopoly in the cricket game market (once AC13 is gone). Going head to head with AC13 now isn't going to change that. So take on AC13 head to head, let the games themselves do the talking and there can only be one winner.

Edit: and no, before anyone pipes up, I'm not telling Ross what to do! I'm merely throwing it all out there for a healthy debate and discussion.

----------

Ross Symons :p

hi ther mosin, thank you for making my correction of ros name :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I would like to agree, Ross has indicated that AC13 could still be releasing on console based on the mail he has received.

I reckon we just hold off a little bit until we hear/see something official.

Am sure Ross is party to more info than me, but I never let facts get in the way of an opinion. Just no way is this coming to consoles.

----------

I just question for how long AC13 being utterly shite will affect DCB14's sales and reputation.

Once AC13 has died its very quick (and hopefully painful) death, will people several months down the line still have the same attitude about cricket games? Especially when DBC14 will have been out for a few months and will have probably collated numerous positive critic and user reviews (you would think) and AC13 will be long forgotten. I very much doubt it. This is a marathon, not a sprint after all.

DBC14 is going to blow AC13 out of the water whatever ever happens. I can understand that Ross wants to avoid any negative attitude(s) towards DBC14 by waiting until AC13 has well and truly gone, but DBC14 will win anyway.

DBC14 is going to have a monopoly in the cricket game market (once AC13 is gone). Going head to head with AC13 now isn't going to change that. So take on AC13 head to head, let the games themselves do the talking and there can only be one winner.

Edit: and no, before anyone pipes up, I'm not telling Ross what to do! I'm merely throwing it all out there for a healthy debate and discussion.

----------

hi ther mosin, thank you for making my correction of ros name :cheers

People have a bad attitude to cricket games because the ones released have been bad. That ain't gonna change until a good one is released. One month, 2, 6 aint gonna change that, only releasing a good game is gonna change that.

Further, cricket games have a history of disappointing not only by being shit, but by announcing and not releasing or delaying release. Again, not releasing isn't gonna counter that but rather confirm it. How many people are gonna understand or care about the nuances of what Ashes may or may not have done to the market? What they will know is another developer announced a game and hasnt released. The play session will mitigate, but not eradicate that.

Confirmation bias might be taking over, but for me the only way to challenge the assumption that all cricket games are shit is by releasing one that isn't shit, not waiting and hoping we forget just how shit the last one was.

I suppose it depends on how people actually go about it.

Do they think, "well AC13 was crap, therefore there must be no good cricket games about", and not bother to look.

Or do they think, "well AC13 was crap, but I want to play a cricket game so I'll see what else is out there".

The latter i think And with the positive reviews DBC14 is pretty much nailed on to get then they'd buy it.

Some people have cancelled EB pre-orders of our game today based on Ashes "reviews", I rest my case*

*I don't care if you call them idiots or whatever, it is what it is.

They'll be back

Some people have cancelled EB pre-orders of our game today based on Ashes "reviews", I rest my case*

but how can you challenge their conception that "all cricket games are shit" if you don't release the game? will they think differently in 2 months? doubtful... especially as they are obviously aware of DBC so all they'd think is "that was another game not ready to release, glad we dodged that bullet."

Can't you send your game for review to these websites that are smashing Ashes 13 in article? wouldn't it show them the alternative that is out there for everyone?

People here are educated and have studied the games.

I do not have the budget to educate the masses.

You need not educate them but the quality stuff itself will make them buy the game...:)

but how can you challenge their conception that "all cricket games are shit" if you don't release the game? will they think differently in 2 months? doubtful... especially as they are obviously aware of DBC so all they'd think is "that was another game not ready to release, glad we dodged that bullet."
:cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread