Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Developers have already confirmed working on a patch 3 for the game. There are no details about what they are going to fix but batting and career mode should be their top priorities. We should just learn to be more patient.
Ross also mentioned the word ASAP , what else do we need..

Untitled.png

Westindies

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
"There is some element missing in DBC 17 what DBC 14 had, i cant really say what exactly is that, DBC 17 looks more artificial than DBC 14 , in that sense DBC 14 is far better."

Not rude, just completely useless.
thank you so much for the verdict

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
You must be kidding? DBC14 got to near pefection BECAUSE of criticism by this very community, BA listened and fixed stuff, the same will happen in DBC17, the key is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and not throwing your toys out of the cot like a toddler :)
Well its all fine and dandy with them fixing the game. My main grouse is how can someone miss so many glaring bugs? Can you give me any one logical reason why did they release an half-baked game? And no its their responsibility to fix the game cos they have to if they want their customers come buy the next iteration. It's called customer service. I am a rep for Verizon and we know how paramount is the happiness of the customer. Forget Verizon you if you are in the business of dealing customers then no matter what you have to yield to the old adage Customer is always right.

D

Deleted member 46200

Supremely disappointed with this game. I live here in the states and bought the game via PSN for $59.99 and its a crying shame that instead of @BigAntStudios going forward with this game they sadly went backwards. I mean how can you not pick up the bugs while testing the game? It feels as if we are paying you guys for just get hold of the bugs. I mean i may be in the minority in this community but i will vent my frustration and disappointment about this game. I mean we cannot see the real stats of players when we are playing with them on a tour or a competition. And no i am not the from the ones who has jumped on the DBC14 and DBC17 bandwagon recently. I have been here since October 2012. @BigAntStudios cannot take criticism in their stride. It's a pity. I have stopped playing the game, the batting is a joke. I mean can someone sane minded person in the BCCI just pay EA to make an world class Cricket game.? Back in 2011 we heard the rumblings from Lalit Modi that they are planning to fund a game for IPL on the Sony Playstation 3 platform, sadly it seems it got junked. And people here in this thread are really sensitive and get all touchy if someone has an opinion differing to theirs

My friend you have every right to express your opinion but would have been good if you read everything first in this thread and like threads and, be assured that they are working to sort things out. If you think you are in the minority try being me on this forum (no violins). As for the EA sports thing really? A franchise notorious for taking things out then adding back in while taking something else out and furthermore, releasing games with hardly any innovation? Isn't Lalit Modi doing porridge?[DOUBLEPOST=1483373041][/DOUBLEPOST]
"There is some element missing in DBC 17 what DBC 14 had, i cant really say what exactly is that, DBC 17 looks more artificial than DBC 14 , in that sense DBC 14 is far better."

Not rude, just completely useless.

I know what you mean in a way and, completely understand with out understanding you. Does this make sense? Guess it's (the game) missing some form of raison d'être.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 46200

You are right, i also felt the same and vented that out(not so rudely) in forum,but the CEO dont have the right attitude to take it forward

I feel they made a good effort but my angst is for them taking stuff out I know they will repair what was once great, I do feel they have a good attitude to take things forward.

D

Deleted member 46200

No it was just your standard club game, exciting right lol.

Crash wise just once so far. So yes your typical blue/error screen syndrome, annoying ruin all the fun moments. Although I do have similar problems with Guitar Hero Live. OMG right before coin collection it’s the worse.

Did restart my career though about 5 games in now, wasn’t happy with my scores but it’s much better now. :yes

I think my crashes were due to me downloading the WBBL teams with logos??? (No one has since helped with this even changing my avatar to a picture of Ellyse Perry to curry favor).

If you felt bad about having a skin full the over night I was not good over New years eve and are still recovering, I think somehow I've been bad?

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
I apologize if i sound a pessimist but the brutal truth is @BigAntStudios has taken us for granted. I mean how can they release a game with so many bugs? They knew fully well the game is not upto the mark but still they went ahead and released the half baked game. Come to think of it all the YouTubers especially twistee they conveniently bypassed all the glitches and bugs and gave an glowing review i wonder why?? I am sure i am not influencing anyone's mind cos people are not gullible.

Its clear that @BigAntStudios has blown the goodwill they had from the people here. People gave them leeway for the first iteration but this is unacceptable, i mean com'on you just can't take people for a joy ride. They should have released the game with PC version they could have had a lot more time to iron out the bugs.

I am so waiting from @BigAntStudios to have their say on this debacle.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I apologize if i sound a pessimist but the brutal truth is @BigAntStudios has taken us for granted. I mean how can they release a game with so many bugs? They knew fully well the game is not upto the mark but still they went ahead and released the half baked game. Come to think of it all the YouTubers especially twistee they conveniently bypassed all the glitches and bugs and gave an glowing review i wonder why?? I am sure i am not influencing anyone's mind cos people are not gullible.

Its clear that @BigAntStudios has blown the goodwill they had from the people here. People gave them leeway for the first iteration but this is unacceptable, i mean com'on you just can't take people for a joy ride. They should have released the game with PC version they could have had a lot more time to iron out the bugs.

One of Twistie's first streams involved about 5 crashes in a row, so you're wrong there. Talking absolute, unequivocal nonsense.

Have a read of his posts and you'll see what they've already had to say.

And perhaps consider reading the thread stickied to the top of the forum.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

Its clear that @BigAntStudios has blown the goodwill they had from the people here

I agree BigAnt certainly seem to have blown the goodwill of those people who joined, say, yesterday.

As for "the brutal truth" lol, hyperbole much, it's a computer game we're talking about here not climate change or Russian foreign policy.

kishore_513

School Cricketer
Got my game yesterday and played a good 7-8 hours so far. I have not played DBC 14 before, so this is my first experience of the BigAnt game. With all the discussions going on in this forum, I started the game tentatively expecting a crash sooner or later. I have quickly downloaded the International teams following a YouTube video and played couple of 5 over games with them, but didn't have any crash either. Played out all the tutorials and felt comfortable with the controls. I also did an hour of Batting Practice with different cameras to find that sweet spot of mine. I felt comfortable with the bowling mechanics pretty quickly, but not with batting (yet), after all the practice. I read people dislike the fielding cameras etc, but that didn't bother me much.

As I didn't see me progressing much with my batting with 5 over matches, I started my career as a 19 year old Batting All-rounder opening for a local club in my city. Game difficulty as Pro and after starting up the game, batting and bowling difficulty as Easiest. I could bowl well straight away, but batting was a night mare. I could drive through the V for what ever length, but couldn't play to the other areas of the ground at all. I have played out the whole season and my player went to 40 on batting, I think now.. I have managed to score couple of 50s, but they were not enjoyable. For spinners, I simply came out of the crease and hit straight for sixes when mid-on and mid-off were up, otherwise just drive and through the V. For pace bowlers, I premeditate if I see the ball shot and pull other wise, just drive all other lengths. When ever I try my best to spread my scoring areas, I end up getting caught or bogged down without runs. I hope, this was because of my player stats not up the mark yet.

I knew I need more time to be able to judge the game, but my initial hands on left me wanting more from batting perspective. On an other note, why am I not able to see my Career Players stats anywhere as I knew that the game is tracking them and displays them when my player is walking out to bat. I think being able to view my player's upto date records is a must when playing a career mode and it must be easy for the developers to put in a new box in the career mode window saying 'Records' or 'Stats' or something. Cricket is a number crunching game and that would help. Just a suggestion to the developers, if this could be patched in future..

Overall, a pretty good game, not sure why most of the people are frustrated with it. I enjoyed it and with some suggestions about batting by the veterans here, I might end up playing this game most part of this year. Good Bye PES 2017, Welcome DBC 17..:wave

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

You've not answered my point on EA sports??? Or acknowledged my part in this debate and to that my point. (Lollies will be dropped and I will have a hissy fit).

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
You've not answered my point on EA sports??? Or acknowledged my part in this debate and to that my point. (Lollies will be dropped and I will have a hissy fit).

Oh well, there's no point in debating with people who has an set mindset.

Atleast EA sports last couple of iterations never had so many problems. Where you can't even hit a simple cover drive and please don't get me started on custom field settings reverting back irrespective of the batsman. The prevalent mentality here on this forum is thank heavens that BA is making a cricket game. Can you answer why and how did BA miss so many bugs and glitches while testing the game? They went to town hyping up the immersive career mode but you can't even check the most simplest of stats. I know they are trying to rectify this but why can't they just make it right out of the box?

Can anyone give one logical reason I'll rest my case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread