AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Sounds really great. Unfortunately I have the downloaded version from Gamesplanet.

It sucks to be me.

I suppose it would be asking too much for a gamesplanet compatible version of the beta, but I hope they at least release the final version at the same time (or very shortly afterward)

there is no such problem man
uninstall the game completely
even delete the my games folder where ur games are saved
and then install it and apply the patch
i even downloaded the patch again
patch applied successfully

there is no such problem man
uninstall the game completely
even delete the my games folder where ur games are saved
and then install it and apply the patch
i even downloaded the patch again
patch applied successfully

I hate you for telling me that! It's just past midnight right now and if this works I am going to be struggling to stay awake tomorrow. Thank god its a public holiday here.

Anyway, I will report back with praise for the fun and abuse for the lack of sleep once I have tried reinstalling.

EDIT
No luck. I am getting a "patch not compatible" message.
Looks like I'll get some sleep after all.

Last edited:
Could someone tell me how fast, Jimmy Anderson, Broad and Harmison bowl in the patch, :cheers

the game has got lbw's now wow ht's gr8....................but requires improvisation on batting mechanics..............poor timmed shots reaches the boundary...........

I know the online feature is not enabled in this beta version. But what will happen if we play online and one guy uses a patch and another one doesnt? Will the game run according to the new patch or the default one?

Play online button is disabled in the beta version so there won't be any conflict :thumbs

Well I would think the game would not let people play online if they did not have the patch. That is once the final version is out.

Backup the entire folder , as changes are made to the W32 file as well as the EXE.

I would take that to mean copy the entire folder. This is pretty standard practice if you want to run multiple versions of the same game.

Ok, so that means I have to copy the entire folder to some other location. But, will I be able to play the game (for online mode) from that location (the back-up one)?

"Patch not compatible with installed version"
i am facing this problem when i try to patch the game
its an original game.......i purchased it from ebay.
idk what the problem is pls sum one help me

OK then, just finished the first session of a test match against Australia.

Cricket20092009-09-2116-50-37-66.png

Cricket20092009-09-2116-50-45-27.png

Notes:
+ AI could do with bowling a little more consistently, but still a massive improvement on the original game.
+ Proper lengths. I can't describe how much of a difference this makes.
+ I like how it seems to be harder to time the ball the fuller it is.
+ The first ball of the match had be drooling (see my previous post in the thread).
+ A couple of really thin edges, although they fell short by inches, if that.
- Too many dropped catches by AI. I think there were three in that session alone, all of them fairly easy.
- AI comes up with some wacky fields, like having mid on and mid off, with long on and long off.
- Hussey bowling before Hauritz.

The last three points were as they were in the original game, so don't panic people. ;) I may autoplay through the rest of the innings to get some AI batting testing in. Going to bat for a few more overs to see if I missed anything obvious.

EDIT: Not had any issue alt-tabbing since I mentioned it.

Just got my first ever LBW with a spinner! Mr Strauss when will you ever learn...do not play that kind of shot to Mr Vittare when he is in this kind of mood and when he has been patched to make him very, very effective! Woohooooooooooooo!

Ha ha! Sounds excellent!

Only batted for 3 overs and this beta patch is so much better than the original game it's not funny. I know I was one of the most critical of the original game, simply because I care so much about getting a proper cricket game and I was massively disappointed at the glaring issues. This is clearly a MASSIVE step forward.

First ball, Mitchell Johnson bowls an inswinger to Strauss, it actually swings, goes over the top of the stumps and continues to swing further down the leg side with Haddin having to dive to get it. My jaw hurts from where it hit the ground. :D Also, with the change in ideal length, there have been a couple of animations I've never seen before.

Over time it'll get easier, that's just the way it is, but with Colin's player editor we'll be able to reduce batting abilities.

Fair play to you guys at Transmission, would've been very easy to just pack up and enjoy seeing it at the top of the sales charts. Thank you for sticking around and proving to us all that you really do care about getting the game right and not just the money at the end of it. :)

EDIT: Having just alt-tabbed out to post this, I go back into the game and have no sound. Not had that before so I'll try and replicate it.

Good stuff.

This is what I call after care support. Not only are they actually releasing a patch for a cricket game (yes), but they are providing two Open betas, so they can work on changes based on our feedback inbetween the two betas. Top stuff, TG. Patch now d/l, so time to try it.

Not that fussed about online - I have waited all this time, I can wait for the full patch, that way I don't have to make a complete copy of my Ashes installation.

"Patch not compatible with installed version"
i am facing this problem when i try to patch the game
its an original game.......i purchased it from ebay.
idk what the problem is

Users who are viewing this thread