Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Recently ,I tried the demo version of 1.5.0 and its really fantastic in all point of view. It will be fantastic if we upgrade the current version to this new version.

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
As Abhas said, we do get the notifications when the updates are out. When Matt comes back he will have a look and if there is a need he will definitely do the upgrade.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Recently ,I tried the demo version of 1.5.0 and its really fantastic in all point of view. It will be fantastic if we upgrade the current version to this new version.
I get your point of view that it's great to have a new version, but to be honest, there isn't a lot new in the update that would justify an "immediate upgrade". You guys need to understand there are a lot of things that need to be kept in mind while upgrading. There are a lot of Addons which need to be tested for compatibility, we regularly make changes to the code/ templates in accordance to our needs, which might break/be completely wiped off, ruining all the hard work put into them.

There is Fantasy Cricket, which is a custom plugin, built by Matt, and it needs to be tested for compatibility with the new version.

Nevertheless, Matt has always kept the forum to to date with the latest version whenever possible. We started on XF 1.3.0, and are currently running 1.4.8, chances are we would soon be on 1.5.0 or whatever version there may be, but you need to be patient. Upgrading immediately isn't going to affect anyone's life, but if anything goes wrong, it would.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Upgrading immediately isn't going to affect anyone's life, but if anything goes wrong, it would.

I'd literally have to walk outside and I'm not willing to do that. That would affect my life... What does sun look like? Mystery to me. Something I don't want to learn.

Rohith.

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
CSK
Profile Flag
England
Can anyone add this smiley

star_fav.png

Please

For marking as star player in cricket leagues

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Okay I have a suggestion but its quite hard to explain but heres my attempt:

On the forum home page thingy if a subforum (DBC14 for example) has unread posts then the name will be bold and the bat will be yellow but if it doesnt then it will be greyed out etc. but for me (using DBC for example) my problem is even if there is no new posts in the DBC forum it will be bold and all that if there are unread posts in the downloads section. So is it possible that it can be changed so if there are no new posts in the DBC forum then it is greyed out even if there are unread posts in the subforum like the downloads or online leagues...

Yea so good luck working out what Im getting at...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I know exactly what you're talking about, actually on the mobile version it's also a bit confusing because you don't get the icon you just get the bold text. I tend to hit "mark all forums read" quite a bit to clear it. There used to be a way you could customise the forum main page layout so you could hide the forums you didn't read/check... Which made figuring out which ones you'd read was a bit easier.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...you could start by deleting the irrelevant forums like Cricket07

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
...you could start by deleting the irrelevant forums like Cricket07

Just imagine all the posts people make ranting and the vms and pms Matt would get... Actually I would really enjoy that.. Lets get the Cricket07 forum deleted! Where can we make a petition or something? Thats a thing right?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
You can always ask me. I can also play a 'being new I didn't know' card. Or, I can do what Colin used to.

Users who are viewing this thread