Ashes 2015 - Australia tour of England July/September 2015

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Harris to be fair was retirement age as it was, still not good to see a cricketer retire by injury.
It was my understanding he was planning to retire soon anyway. Not sure if he would've played our home series this summer or not. But he knew the days of his career were numbered.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
2 Days to go - Are you all ready to watch the New England?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I'd be supporting the Aussies btw. :p.
I am a very big supporter of AusCricket since 2005 (Watching Cricket Properly since then) even though we lost the Ashes that year :)

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd expect Steve Smith to do well, since he's gone from being average to really very good ever since I made him my avatar

spooky

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
ASHES WOOHOO!

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is excitement or nerves!

Can't wait to see how we get on. If I was a betting man and didn't mind betting against my own Country, I'd bet on the Aussies to win the series, but I hope we can give it a good go.

As IceAge says above, the key man is Smith. He has become world class, from being a part time spinner batting at 7 to a real powerhouse. I also really liked the look of Hazelwood, and I reckon he could be the Ace in the pack as the series unfolds.

For England, we finally have a good middle order again. I'd like to see Butler batting higher. If Bell continues to not make runs, how long do we keep faith in him? I'm expecting them to give Lyth the whole series, and he can make runs in English conditions. Its also really Important that Ben Stokes bowls well.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
I'd proud to support the Welsh cricket team today

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
ASHES WOOHOO!

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is excitement or nerves!

Can't wait to see how we get on. If I was a betting man and didn't mind betting against my own Country, I'd bet on the Aussies to win the series, but I hope we can give it a good go.

As IceAge says above, the key man is Smith. He has become world class, from being a part time spinner batting at 7 to a real powerhouse. I also really liked the look of Hazelwood, and I reckon he could be the Ace in the pack as the series unfolds.

For England, we finally have a good middle order again. I'd like to see Butler batting higher. If Bell continues to not make runs, how long do we keep faith in him? I'm expecting them to give Lyth the whole series, and he can make runs in English conditions. Its also really Important that Ben Stokes bowls well.

I don't think a punt on England is a bad bet. They're good in their conditions. James Anderson will be huge.

Steve Smith is here to stay. He's one of the best batsmen in the world and he will only get better. Don't expect him to be too bothered about all this seam movement, technique rubbish talk.

England's concerns are not just Bell. I think, Bell is a class class act. He has 3-4 years of cricket in him. I hope England don't drop him. Gary Ballance is another matter.

Ben Stokes will make an impact. I expect him to be MOM in at least one test. Australia not playing Mitchell Marsh and opting for the AVERAGE Shane Watson instead is stupid, but plays to England's favor.

Last edited:

richowebbo

County Cricketer
I don't think a punt on England is a bad bet. They're good in their conditions. James Anderson will be huge.

Steve Smith is here to stay. He's one of the best batsmen in the world and he will only get better. Don't expect him to be too bothered about all this seam movement, technique rubbish.

England's concerns are not just Bell. I think, Bell is a class class act. He has 3-4 years of cricket in him. I hope England don't drop him. Gary Ballance is another matter.

Ben Stokes will make an impact. I expect him to be MOM in at least one test. Australia not playing Mitchell Marsh and opting for the AVERAGE Shane Watson instead is stupid, but plays to England's favor.

I am a massive fan of Bell and I certainly hope he stays.

People point to Ballance's average, but averages can be deceiving. I am with you, I don't rate him that highky and I think he's going to struggle badly. I hope he doesn't.

Yeah Smith is amazing. I love watching him bat. Not a great technique, you're right, but he is so so good. I quite like Watson. I'd have picked Siddle though. First ball, Woohoo!

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Cor blimey, Lyth is a long way across his stumps!

Starc.....wow

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I am a massive fan of Bell and I certainly hope he stays.

People point to Ballance's average, but averages can be deceiving. I am with you, I don't rate him that highky and I think he's going to struggle badly. I hope he doesn't.

Yeah Smith is amazing. I love watching him bat. Not a great technique, you're right, but he is so so good. I quite like Watson. I'd have picked Siddle though. First ball, Woohoo!

I still can't believe MM isn't in the XI. He is a massive match winner. I can safely bet, Watson won't make a hundred when it matters.[DOUBLEPOST=1436350758][/DOUBLEPOST]Interesting. Not much bounce and carry based on the first over.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
England seem to be going for the dead pitch approach

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Oh holy *large amount of swear words*

Lyth made a mistake there. The first one he hit for a boundary was on leg, that one came back in to middle/off. He didn't read the line correctly. Haelwood bowling full, so you need to read the line so well. Well bowled and caught.

Users who are viewing this thread