Console Patch 3 Release?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think @Chief's model is a very good idea...

Release the sequel, and if it has addressed the major issues regarding AI that alone will be worth the money for the update. the as he says put a subscription on for PC steam updates, perhaps push out a paid DLC after 8-10 months on console, and wrap all that up as new console game another 8-10 months down the line.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi all, just one thing in patch 3 for console, has the bowling stats issue fixed whihc we see during tour or torunament and wickets showing in thousands.

mehtaapurv

School Cricketer
Really do appreciate the support the game has received from the devs. More importantly by fine tuning this version it would build fans and better sales in the next iteration...

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
• AI changes fields quicker
• Further improvements to field placement selection.
• Resolved applying fields to all batters/bowlers issue.
• Resolved rare co-op save & resume functionality issues
• Added ability to set a single field for all batsmen and bowlers at once.
• Fielding selections will now carry over between bowlers.
• Reworked AI field placement decisions and field choices.
• Added [P] symbol to score HUD to show power-play.
• Added online co-op difficulty choice.
• Added online versus difficulty choice.
• Added ability to select batsmen before super over.
• Added Lofted sweep and lofted reverse sweep shots - Use LB+LT.
• Added Advance grounded shots - Use RB+LT+RT.
• Added ability to set fields in practice match, for bowler.
• Improved AI run chase pacing.
• AI attempt to run between wickets more aggressively (should be attempting more 1's & 2's where applicable, as well as 3's).
• Changed time limit for looking around field (unlimited in single player - 8 seconds in multiplayer).
• Corrected missing delivery sometimes resulting in the batsman twitching - causing run outs/stumpings.
• Corrected batsman slides back a bit towards default position after moving him.
• Corrected swapping to the wicketkeepers position in the batting lineup made you WK in Career mode.
• Corrected moving a player up the batting order, shuffling the rest of the order down.
• Corrected AI shot choices on a free-hit.
• Corrected super over run chase not being aggressive.
• Resolved a crash when resuming a casual match and selecting the away side.
• Online/offline 2 player vs AI co-op mode.
• Online/offline 2 player vs 2 player co-op mode.
• Improvements to online gameplay connections.
• Ability to change difficulty in career at any point.
• Ability to skip to career player at any point.
• Pause Menu Indicator now says Partner when in co-op.
• Changed score HUD from KPH to KM/H.
• Changed format of Score HUD.
• Removed difficulty notification in Career.
• Running call sound effects in online co-op multiplayer.
• Removed forfeit warnings when playing online co-op multiplayer
• Resolved bowler selection issue in career.
• 2 v AI coop.Improved Online issues.Change of difficulty in career at any stage.
• Add support for Steam Cloud Saves
• Added per-team modding support
• Fixed issues resuming online matches on the opposite machine to the one commencing
• Fixed career crash related to international selection
• Increased shot power on light defensive trigger shots.
• Resolved online co-op save and resume flow issues.
• Resolved camera issues when hitting ball behind batsman in close camera.
• Increased minimum bowling speed for spinners.
• Add more power to lofted sweep shots to allow for sixes when timed perfectly.
• Removed collision from non-striker batsman.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Release the sequel, and if it has addressed the major issues regarding AI that alone will be worth the money for the update. the as he says put a subscription on for PC steam updates, perhaps push out a paid DLC after 8-10 months on console, and wrap all that up as new console game another 8-10 months down the line.

I honestly have absolutely zero issue signing up to a subscription-based format for updates on PC, quite frankly I'm amazed we've been getting what we've been getting so regularly and for free. Ross' post earlier just confirms yours/mine from earlier in the thread, so that's nice too. Anywho, asking [us] the core fans to pay $5 - $10 for a "Season Pass" makes absolute sense and since the game is ridiculously cheap to buy, in my opinion, especially given what we've got 'outside of the box' so to speak if I can contribute both digitally (forums) and monetarily (subscription) to improving and getting some of the things I want improved in the game, I see absolutely no issue.

As you say, the key is the AI improvements in any sequel will be where the bang for buck will be determined. With Matt in the room now* I have every confidence they're going to hit the next one out of the park, he's got a wealth of knowledge of all the best/worst cricket games and looks good in yellow.

*No pressure.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
I bought the game on the day of release with USD 125

the real question here is why someone would spend $125 on a video game just to get it at launch, when you could have waited slightly longer and spent significantly less

phani001

Club Captain
the real question here is why someone would spend $125 on a video game just to get it at launch, when you could have waited slightly longer and spent significantly less
That depends on how much interest that person has towards that game, can't believe how such silly questions are being asked.

D

Dutch

That depends on how much interest that person has towards that game, can't believe how such silly questions are being asked.
I agree with you to a certain extent: however i think his point is that if i am going to complain in hindsight at the price of something at release then i only have myself to blame for it: i want it bad and am willing to pay top notch...end of.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
WHEN'S THE [HASHTAG]#PatchThree[/HASHTAG] RELEASE DATE, MATTW?! I NEED A TIMEFRAME!

Users who are viewing this thread