Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can I add a created player into any of the desired local club teams??

I guess the club teams are only available once the career mode starts..

Is there a way to access/ edit the existing local club teams???

@BigAntStudios @MattW @HBK619 @Jerm @grkrama

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So after a wait of more than a month, I finally got down to business and bought the game. I thought it not necessary to post a new thread for this, so I'm putting up my views on the game in this thread itself.

My primary area of focus is the career mode (batting only). I don't play online much and neither do I venture into other areas such as tournaments, casual matches etc. I would consider myself as someone who falls in between the casual and hardcore gamer, i.e. I don't want every ball being hit for a six and neither do I mind a little laxity with respect to gameplay. Hence, there are a lot of things (stats, nuances, 100% shot precision etc.) that I don't really think about much and try to enjoy the game as is.

So without wasting much time on my player appearance, I straightaway started a career from scratch with the following characteristics:

Hand: Right Hand Bat
Role: Middle Order Batsman
Difficulty: Novice
  • I got slotted at no.5 in my team. I was hoping it to be no.4, but fair enough. I was mighty impressed to see level of dept at the domestic level. I chose Hyderabad as city and then Mehdipatnam. The fact that it goes down to an area in a city is applaud-able :thumbs
  • The only matches you play at this level are T20s. This is something which I would prefer not to be. I'm more inclined towards 4-day or 50-over games where I can settle in and then score. So this is something which I didn't find enjoyable. I'm also aware that a number of users have reported this so I'm hopeful something will be done in this regard.
  • On the other hand, I love the stamina aspect of batting because I'm getting real-world like strike rate for my player (hovering between 60-85/100 balls) even though it's not something you would want in a T20.
  • The game runs flawlessly. No jaggering/spikes/lag. So my investment in the latest graphics card and RAM seems to have paid off well. I'm getting 90+ FPS on highest settings.
  • Love the straight drives.
  • Grass, oh the beautiful grass, although it was never a factor for me.
  • The length indicator is a huge, huge step towards eliminating pre-meditation. I think this has been nailed to perfection, at least for me.
  • One thing that bothered me is that I was called into bowl twice in about 7 matches. I thought choosing a career as a pure batsman would eliminate that but sadly it didn't. So I bowled as badly as I could in anticipation that I won't be pressed into the attack again in future matches. Let's see how that goes.
  • I found batting against spinners somewhat tough compared to seamers even on the easiest level. This could be just me though.
  • Finally, there were times when I thought I had hit to mid-on/mid-off but the ball went straight and similar experiences with a few other different shots. In light of this, is it a viable option to have the controller feedback shown on the screen so that I know if I had pushed the RAS in the correct direction or not? Looking down at the controller after each shot is not really good.

All in all, I'm a satisfied customer. I appreciate the work BA have put in the game. Having said that, I do see areas of improvements - most of which have already been reported by other users. I don't mind the waiting as I know eventually I'm gonna get the game that I want. So cheers to that.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
It seems, DBC 17 is still full of bugs. I am just waiting for it to be bugs free so that I can buy it.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
With that approach you will never really be able to play too many video games.

I don't know about that. I'm willing to cut developers slack for minor bugs, but the fielding one, for one example is at times outcome affecting. Some of the bugs are of a level that wouldn't be considered small in some other games.

I'd consider the level of bugs (especially randomly changing fields) having an effect on the game around the level of a gun only firing three times out of five in a shooter (let's say The Last Of Us). Sure, people can back off and fire the two "non-happening" shots and then re-enter the fray, but it's not ideal.

To make matters worse, people are telling the ones who consider these issues medium-major that they're too overly concerned and to be grateful.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
One thing that I forgot to include in my review earlier was the loading times. It takes more than an accepted level of time to get into action. If something can be done about that, it would be gold.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
One thing that I forgot to include in my review earlier was the loading times. It takes more than an accepted level of time to get into action. If something can be done about that, it would be gold.
I except it depends upon the system you have as much as anything. It takes me 20 seconds on my PC for a match to load which is more than acceptable (for me) and compared with the PS4 it is half the time.

Pat

International Coach

Don't know about PC, but on PS4 this is especially frustrating in Career Mode. Imagine you get out batting very cheaply, then you simulate the game and then starts the long wait times, it starts with "Loading Academy data.." and then few seconds later, "Loading Career Save File.." - it takes good 30 seconds or more from match completion to get through all those loading screens and then a screen that tells you your achievement and another to increase your skills and then you simulate to next match.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I except it depends upon the system you have as much as anything. It takes me 20 seconds on my PC for a match to load which is more than acceptable (for me) and compared with the PS4 it is half the time.

I haven't time it yet, but it's longer than the norm. And I just recently upgraded my PC with Graphics Card, RAM, and HDD. My Processor is already above the recommended specs. So I doubt it has got anything to do with a less-powered PC, at least in my case.

By the way, 20 seconds is a bit much, don't you think?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I haven't time it yet, but it's longer than the norm. And I just recently upgraded my PC with Graphics Card, RAM, and HDD. My Processor is already above the recommended specs. So I doubt it has got anything to do with a less-powered PC, at least in my case.

Compared to the PS4 it's not. 15-20 seconds is fine for me.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

20 seconds is completely acceptable for a loading screen. That's barely enough time to scratch my arse and sniff my finger :lol

Users who are viewing this thread