Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@C A Iversen I wasn't aware they had electricity in Invergiggle or 'Gumboot' as its affectionatly known(to me) haha but seriously suprised as Invercargill is a main centre. I ordered off Mighty ape but still waiting on the courier, sgould see if Dunedin have a copy and get it sent down...hell il even drive it down haha

I was with Tru Blu yesterday, all stock had left him with enough time to be in every location on the planet in time for the 3rd/4th release date.

In order to make sure people had it for the 3rd some locations had their stock early, they sold it and have caused issues for other localities.

If one NZ outlet has it then it is hard to point the finger at Tru Blu in this instance as it is more likely the issue is somewhere else (freight forwarding/customs/whatever).

The UK situation is different, a little over the term "strategy" being used for all outcomes and localities as in context I agree with the strategy that is being used in the UK in response to a certain set of circumstances. All I can hope is that people understand that I have always delivered what I can and staff have always tried their utmost to give all they can to this game, that history of delivery should allow some benefit of the doubt and understanding that there must be some issue in the UK that NO ONE has alluded to or guessed or is even close to understanding. Unfortunately some people will fill a void of information with negative bullshit. If the UK gets the game within a week of the release date will all of the bullshit being spewed page after page have been justified?

:cheers The waits been long, Thanks again Ross :) were nearly there :D

Yes.

Did we lose a war?

:-)

PS: This is a joke. It's a common thing that when the UK is slighted by any part of the colonies, we blame it on a war. I do not subscribe to this joke, but I support it because it remains funny.

Lol - learn something every day :)

Whenever Poms have mentioned winning a war I always have a line in my head from the New Statesman with Rik Mayall where he's checking into Lufthansa and they ask for his passport (which he's left behind) and he say "I don't need a passport, we won the war", to which she replies "and a lot of good it did you".

The UK situation is different, a little over the term "strategy" being used for all outcomes and localities as in context I agree with the strategy that is being used in the UK in response to a certain set of circumstances. All I can hope is that people understand that I have always delivered what I can and staff have always tried their utmost to give all they can to this game, that history of delivery should allow some benefit of the doubt and understanding that there must be some issue in the UK that NO ONE has alluded to or guessed or is even close to understanding. Unfortunately some people will fill a void of information with negative bullshit. If the UK gets the game within a week of the release date will all of the bullshit being spewed page after page have been justified?

So for the UK, is it the case that as soon as there is a 'go' the game will be available pretty much straight away? It feels as though there won't necessarily be a release date as such?

In view of what I've read, I guess I have to suspect it comes down to either the situations mentioned above or perhaps the distributor sending it late. If one New Zealand retailer has the game, chances are the distributor had it before them.

So, I guess in that instance I should apologise for suggesting it could've been Tru Blu. I do think people in a void of information do guess, I don't think it's deliberately set out to be negative bs, it's just that some consumers are themselves going through (comparitively in relation to other consumers) a somewhat negative experience and are looking for potential explanations.

It's obvious from what's been said and shown that Big Ant do their utmost in all regards with their products and I can't and am not trying to fault that. With the information just provided on Tru Blu's shipping of the games, it's now also become apparent that they've done pretty close to all they could do too.

Forums are full of speculation, otherwise there wouldn't be a whole lot to say when you're anticipating something that you have zero control over.

So, to continue that, I honestly think the distributor in New Zealand is trying to look too over-protective of embargos to it's clients and has in this case sent out stock too close to the wire and it's been caught out due to the distance the stock has had to travel in many cases. Mighty Ape may have had a much closer proximity and relationship to the distributor. I always, but always catagorise my feelings and thoughts as just an opinion and not absolute fact.

All of this is just theorising and I know I shouldn't, but what I should actually be doing is playing the game. :)

Last edited:
Any news from the stores yet Iversen? I'll go and check out JB Hifi now.

As for my order, the courier tracking number is still showing in transit, not even on the van yet.

@C A Iversen I wasn't aware they had electricity in Invergiggle or 'Gumboot' as its affectionatly known(to me) haha but seriously suprised as Invercargill is a main centre. I ordered off Mighty ape but still waiting on the courier, sgould see if Dunedin have a copy and get it sent down...hell il even drive it down haha

lol, if only glenny. Anyhow, I hope you receive your copy soon. I want to hear some kiwi perspectives on the game. 'Gumboot'! Had to laugh as that is the kind of thing I can imagine people calling Invercargill. If they are feeling kind. :p

In view of what I've read, I guess I have to suspect it comes down to either the situations mentioned above or perhaps the distributor sending it late. If one New Zealand retailer has the game, chances are the distributor had it before them.

So, I guess in that instance I should apologise for suggesting it could've been Tru Blu. I do think people in a void of information do guess, I don't think it's deliberately set out to be negative bs, it's just that some consumers are themselves going through (comparitively in relation to other consumers) a somewhat negative experience and are looking for potential explanations.

It's obvious from what's been said and shown that Big Ant do their utmost in all regards with their products and I can't and am not trying to fault that. With the information just provided on Tru Blu's shipping of the games, it's now also become apparent that they've done pretty close to all they could do too.

Forums are full of speculation, otherwise there wouldn't be a whole lot to say when you're anticipating something that you have zero control over.

So, to continue that, I honestly think the distributor in New Zealand is trying to look too over-protective of embargos to it's clients and has in this case sent out stock too close to the wire and it's been caught out due to the distance the stock has had to travel in many cases. Mighty Ape may have had a much closer proximity and relationship to the distributor. I always, but always catagorise my feelings and thoughts as just an opinion and not absolute fact.

All of this is just theorising and I know I shouldn't, but what I should actually be doing is playing the game. :)

I'm not sure I should be on the receiving end of any frustration, as I am experiencing my share already today.

No issue with you at all CAI.

I just wanted to make sure that people understand that each territory has it's own challenges and that there is no reason whatsoever that NZ should be getting it later than the 3rd unless there was something up with customs etc..

There are different issues with India. (Grey imports from the UAE have caused great concern)

There are different issues with the USA. (They are very conservative and have set dates beyond where they need too.)

There are different issues with UK. (There are issues that cannot be discussed publicly.)

There are different issues with SA. (Apparently they have revised their date and it will now go out on time.)

....and all these localities have stock in their respective countries, so while I am frustrated, as are Tru Blu, we have and are doing all we can.

Cricket is a niche game and is always going to be treated as such, I can only hope that good sales might see that change.

Any news from the stores yet Iversen? I'll go and check out JB Hifi now.

As for my order, the courier tracking number is still showing in transit, not even on the van yet.

JB Hi-fi are still showing as awaiting stock, although that could just be online.Tried the Warehouse, no expected date there, they'll just arrive when they arrive apparently. Noel Leeming was the most helpful and put me through to the buyer who said he'd been keen on it and had ordered it as early as he could for release day, so he's a bit disappointed too, lol!

----------

No issue with you at all CAI.

I just wanted to make sure that people understand that each territory has it's own challenges and that there is no reason whatsoever that NZ should be getting it later than the 3rd unless there was something up with customs etc..

There are different issues with India. (Grey imports from the UAE have caused great concern)

There are different issues with the USA. (They are very conservative and have set dates beyond where they need too.)

There are different issues with UK. (There are issues that cannot be discussed publicly.)

There are different issues with SA. (Apparently they have revised their date and it will now go out on time.)

....and all these localities have stock in their respective countries, so while I am frustrated, as are Tru Blu, we have and are doing all we can.

Cricket is a niche game and is always going to be treated as such, I can only hope that good sales might see that change.

Thanks for the reply Ross. Yeah I'm glued to Planet Cricket right now as I'm going mad, absolutely mad to get my hands on this game!

Just seriously mad! Before I was on Planet Cricket I was on the Big Ant Forums and kicked off a fair few of the Big Ant Cricket (as it was then) threads and now it just feels like every possible obstacle in the world had just been passed and now this!!! (I did a whole page of exclamation marks and then backtracked it, lol).

To quote Mugatu from Zoolander, :I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!". (The preceeding will make absolutely no sense if you haven't seen the film).

Shouldn't experienced distributors know about customs timeframes etc and so accordingly send stock early enough to make it in time? Missing the release day is surely unacceptable. You have to laugh really that all the other countries with the 3rd/4th as release day broke the date and sold it early, yet much of NZ hasn't even received it's stock on release day.

There's definitely stock in the North Island, no signage anywhere but my local EB was handing out copies straight from the shipping box! Might be a South Island problem?

There's definitely stock in the North Island, no signage anywhere but my local EB was handing out copies straight from the shipping box! Might be a South Island problem?

So, you have it do ya Biggsy? If so, then this guy really does get it. :)

Latest I hear from EB Invercargill is that they're expecting stock this afternoon. I bet it's just another cruel carrot-on-a-stick!

Quick someone say something funny to calm me down. Now please!

So, you have it do ya Biggsy? If so, then this guy really does get it. :)

Latest I hear from EB Invercargill is that they're expecting stock this afternoon. I bet it's just another cruel carrot-on-a-stick!

Quick someone say something funny to calm me down. Now please!

Australias 20/20 world cup results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread