Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Does anyone here have the game on PS 4 and PC. The legside play and apparent absence of extra cover drive mentioned here does not seem to be bothering PC players.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Noticed one other thing while batting... it seems easier to bat with a left hander as they tend to find more gaps on the off side.

I think finding easier gaps on Off side is common for both Left Handed and Right Handed Batsmen. Have a feeling that bowlers maintain an off-sidish line now in the patch-3. This is after playing for over 6 hours last evening (on Xbox One).

SaurabhSteel

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Taking of batting being easier for left handers , I do get a feeling that this game was developed by Left handed people (just kidding..) coz There is quite a clear bent towards Left handed players. There's either a left handed batsman or bowler on at all times. Has anyone else noticed that?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Graphically It looks like a ps2/ early ps3 game at best.

Stilll learning the gameplay but it is a bit clunky at times.

I think people forget what the PS2 looked like...

The game is odd. Sometimes it looks stunning and sometimes it's a bit jarring. I think it's more the (few) dodgy animations rather than raw graphical quality.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think finding easier gaps on Off side is common for both Left Handed and Right Handed Batsmen. Have a feeling that bowlers maintain an off-sidish line now in the patch-3. This is after playing for over 6 hours last evening (on Xbox One).

I played with a team with around 9 right handers and 2 left handers. Whenever I played with left handers I was able to find gap in the off side much easier than while playing with right handers. Could be due to any of the following reasons...
i) the way I hold the controller
ii) the way the bowler (mostly right handed) bowl and the natural angle of the ball going away or slanting away from the left handed batsman
iii) maybe the way the controls are mapped to the controller and there's a slight difference for right handed and left handed batsmen.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I played with a team with around 9 right handers and 2 left handers. Whenever I played with left handers I was able to find gap in the off side much easier than while playing with right handers. Could be due to any of the following reasons...
ii) the way the bowler (mostly right handed) bowl and the natural angle of the ball going away or slanting away from the left handed batsman
iii) maybe the way the controls are mapped to the controller and there's a slight difference for right handed and left handed batsmen.

Would be interesting to get to the bottom of this. Is there any difference in the natural abilities (or sliders) built-in for a Left handed vs a Right handed batsman ? The same question could be asked for bowlers. If yes, then it could give an edge in team / squad selection.

Even I feel I hold the controller and approach batting differently for both types of batsmen. I had played a lengthy career on DBC 14 with a Left Handed that it has changed the way I bat IRL (Right handed).

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
The fielding settings bug is REALLY starting to grind on me. It must add 20 minutes onto each of my bowling innings farting about trying to coax the game to employ the field I want. My controller is going to go through the window if a batsman hits another aerial shot to somewhere an AWOL fielder should be.

Not to mention the crashes when trying to edit fields.

Fed up with this now.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Would be interesting to get to the bottom of this. Is there any difference in the natural abilities (or sliders) built-in for a Left handed vs a Right handed batsman ? The same question could be asked for bowlers. If yes, then it could give an edge in team / squad selection.

Even I feel I hold the controller and approach batting differently for both types of batsmen. I had played a lengthy career on DBC 14 with a Left Handed that it has changed the way I bat IRL (Right handed).

One of the left hander I use is a top order batsman and the other one is a lower middle order one. The rating for them is 78 and 74 respectively and the skills, attribues & rating is not that much different from right handed counterparts. Initially I thought it was just coincidence but over time I saw I was consistently batting better and felt much more in control with left handed batsmen. Even that flick/leg glance shot didn't result in that many "ball behind the legs" animation. It still happens but for right handers I'm thinking of shelving the leg glance/flick shot as I'm getting bowled behind legs way too many times and I've no idea why the batsman moves all the way across the stumps leaving the stumps exposed behind him.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Try the opposite, 9 left handed batsmen and 2 right handers, but mostly left hand batsman over the wicket ;) would be a great test.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
What about hitting between mid on and mid wicket? The batsman either hits to midwicket or to mid on, does not hit between them. Are you facing this issue or probably i am doing something wrong. Before patch 3 i used to hit there pretty often.

Also, what about the pull shot animation when you try to hit to mid on? Are you facing this issue?
Yes I to am having this problem since patch 3

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yes I to am having this problem since patch 3
if you guys are trying to hit to mid on with a ball that has a line outside or on off stump you WILL get a pull shot animation as this is by definition a pull shot, a mid wicket shot should only be attempte with a ball on middle to leg stump.... just check your line when you are trying to play through mid wicket....see if you getting a pull shot animation when the ball in pitch on middle and leg stump.

Users who are viewing this thread