Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll just briefly let facts get in the way:

So does that mean that it's the same as the current PC version, except smoother?

I'm guessing that no mention of "DBC 15" rules out a new version (like new features etc) of PS3/XB/PC until at last later in the year?

invisibleman18

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great news which I guess means the game has been successful. Personally, will probably wait for reviews to see if it's worth the upgrade before paying out for the same game again.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
So does that mean that it's the same as the current PC version, except smoother?

I'm guessing that no mention of "DBC 15" rules out a new version (like new features etc) of PS3/XB/PC until at last later in the year?
They added features with patch 2 - I'd expect the same here, certainly at least things like co-op. Presumably releasing on the new consoles lets them put more into what would otherwise just be patch 3, because there's extra sales to offset the investment.

Big Ant have been pretty consistent that they don't just do yearly re-releases (which made the DBC14 name a bit odd) - you see the two or three year gap between releases of their Rugby League games, with significant improvements each time, but with what were 'game of the year edition' DLC updates after a year or so, which added significant things each time. Lack of licensing changes that a bit, but I'd assume they would want to add enough to distinguish it as a new title.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I remember Mickeymerren stating that if there were any major changes made in XB1 or PS4 then they would be added to PC as well through a patch. I hope that still holds true.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
They added features with patch 2 - I'd expect the same here, certainly at least things like co-op. Presumably releasing on the new consoles lets them put more into what would otherwise just be patch 3, because there's extra sales to offset the investment.

Surely you'd want those new features to be on the new platforms only to encourage people to upgrade? If patch 3 arrives before (or with) it, then some people might be tempted to stay on the older platform if the only update is it looks a little bit better?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Surely you'd want those new features to be on the new platforms only to encourage people to upgrade? If patch 3 arrives before (or with) it, then some people might be tempted to stay on the older platform if the only update is it looks a little bit better?
Given the lack of backwards compatibility, I don't think it matters all that much - people seem to want to only have the one console plugged in, even if that meant losing their old game library. The target audience were probably either hanging on to the game as their last main one on their older console, or traded it in/never bought it because they moved on.

Maybe what they add could be significant enough to be paid DLC on the old consoles and PC? Though there's the issue there that a lot of people already found the game expensive.

vikram_101

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just read on Facebook about DBC coming to PS4 :)

This was the only thing stopping me from upgrading..

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to port the Career profile from PS3 to PS4 ???

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Given the lack of backwards compatibility, I don't think it matters all that much - people seem to want to only have the one console plugged in, even if that meant losing their old game library. The target audience were probably either hanging on to the game as their last main one on their older console, or traded it in/never bought it because they moved on.

You may well be right.

I wonder what the digital sales were like for DBC14 on console - Enough to justify a digital-only next gen version? I'd be interested in what the split was between retail copies and digital per platform - Seemed like most round here had the boxed copy.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i see the press release has (i think) a different UK Distributor than was initially used for the DBC14 Xbox 360/PS3 release - hopefully that means there won't be the same clusterfun as there was before... (not that i particularly care since i don't have and won't be buying a xbone/ps4)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
i see the press release has (i think) a different UK Distributor than was initially used for the DBC14 Xbox 360/PS3 release - hopefully that means there won't be the same clusterfun as there was before... (not that i particularly care since i don't have and won't be buying a xbone/ps4)

I think Funbox were distributor for the PC version, but I can't get onto their website to check for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread