Should the fielding radar be added?

• Yes it should be added.

Votes: 105 42.7%
  • No!! It should never be added

Votes: 52 21.1%
  • Maybe, or should be added and optional

Votes: 89 36.2%

• Total voters
I am never able to find how to really imitate reality with first person cam view it is simply that we need something like "VR headsets" to get the feel of it and I am sure once we had them we all will be using procam.

I cant even imagine how cool it will be to play using VR head set, 3d sound and motion gestures like a cricket bat.

I will never go out of house :yes:yes

^ werent you the one that tried it with occulus rift

----------

ya if you can some how get head tracking in rift this game would be awesome

^ werent you the one that tried it with occulus rift

----------

ya if you can some how get head tracking in rift this game would be awesome

If someone mods the PC version to add VR mode i would be so happy! I have an oculus rift and would love to play this game with it! Any chance of an official Patch Big Ant? :D

If someone mods the PC version to add VR mode i would be so happy! I have an oculus rift and would love to play this game with it! Any chance of an official Patch Big Ant?
@Ross has mentioned he will add support if there is enough call for it
We have it working here but can't offer it in the game at release as we cannot be sure of the final form of the Oculus Rift.
If there is enough call for it then we will patch it in.

The 3rd option are for people who want the option of turning the radar on/off whenever they see fit, which means they want it to be there as well but with a toggle. Which combined with the Yes option gives 70%, is that so hard for you to understand?

There is only 29% of people who don't want the option of having radar at all cause they are just being silly and want to be different just for the sake of being different. Even if it means keeping a broken game mechanic unchanged.

That's not what the third option reads, though. The third option reads "maybe". It could also be people who don't want it, but will live with it. It could be people who just want the fielders easy to pick out, and don't really care how.

Note that people who _want_ the radar, but would like to be able to turn it off, would be more likely to pick Yes than Maybe.

Also, characterising the people who disagree with you like that makes it even more certain that you should avoid a career in statistics.

We have already seen the new solution in the images that Ross showed, and unfortunately no its not a solution that will work in the long run.

Is it an improvement? Yes of course it is as at the moment we can't even distinguish where fielders are standing. But not everyone wants to look through helmet mode to see where fielders are standing.

Basically, theres at least two types of audiences playing this game, one who want to play the game third person helmet cam view and want the most realistic experience with no hud at all! The second batch of people who just want to play a realistic cricket game for fun without stupid niggles and who don't care about a small radar appearing for a few seconds before a bowl is balled.

I think you'll find there are three types of audiences playing this game. Those that can count, and those that can't.

What you've presented here is a false dichotomy. I don't fit into either of the camps you've presented - I'm happy to have a gamey solution to a gamey problem, and I would prefer that solution to not be a radar.

Largely because it has been done before, and there are much more elegant ways to solve it.

I'm interested in why you think the current solution isn't a long-term one?

my number or my mum's number? if it's mine, at least that explains all the heavy breathing calls.

if it's my mum's... well... you wouldn't be the first (or the last)

That's a trick question. You two share a phone.

Yes you are right adding up the two makes over 70%, maybe @SnowyCasanova has difficulty in counting?

Or it might be because I do statistical analysis for a living, and the flaws in how the question has been asked (which obviously can't be avoided on this platform) mean that the results lack any real validity, and to make sweeping claims based on them isn't smart.

• A sample size of around 120 isn't robust enough to draw any strong conclusions from. Even if PlanetCricket is a perfectly representative sample of cricket gamers, n=120 isn't big enough. In fact, at that sample size, there is no statistically significant difference between those that selected that the first option vs. the second option. The results as they stand, would indicate that the sample has no strong opinion either way.
  • The question is open to people who haven't played the game, which can skew the sample
  • There is no scale plus the three single selection codes are not consistent in language
  • The wording of the third option is ambiguous, and realistically, should be split out in to two codes. 'Maybe/Don't have strong feeling either way' and 'Yes, but make it an optional feature'. As such adding the results for the first and third codes doesn't provide an accurate representation of those individuals who think it definitely should be added.
  • Dismissing those respondents who selected the third option as "being silly", displays confirmation bias on your behalf, and brings in to question the validity of your analysis

Trust me. I can count.
Disclaimer: I know the results on a poll on a forum are never going to yield any meaningful results. I'm basically just being a dick

Last edited:
[/owned]

All I need is a representation of what is behind the bowler when I'm at the non strikers end in career mode. Maybe a semi circle with the fielders.

I just can't judge a run when at the non-strikers end as I cannot see the field.

The camera moves quick enough when square. Maybe the camera could swing around and face the ball instead of having the ball come towards it.

Just make the batsman's view similar to how we see the real world and not as though we are looking through binoculars the wrong way around. ;)
You could even have a Crightonesque zoom function.

Last edited:
Or it might be because I do statistical analysis for a living, and the flaws in how the question has been asked (which obviously can't be avoided on this platform) mean that the results lack any real validity, and to make sweeping claims based on them isn't smart.

• A sample size of around 120 isn't robust enough to draw any strong conclusions from. Even if PlanetCricket is a perfectly representative sample of cricket gamers, n=120 isn't big enough. In fact, at that sample size, there is no statistically significant difference between those that selected that the first option vs. the second option. The results as they stand, would indicate that the sample has no strong opinion either way.
  • The question is open to people who haven't played the game, which can skew the sample
  • There is no scale plus the three single selection codes are not consistent in language
  • The wording of the third option is ambiguous, and realistically, should be split out in to two codes. 'Maybe/Don't have strong feeling either way' and 'Yes, but make it an optional feature'. As such adding the results for the first and third codes doesn't provide an accurate representation of those individuals who think it definitely should be added.
  • Dismissing those respondents who selected the third option as "being silly", displays confirmation bias on your behalf, and brings in to question the validity of your analysis

Yeah yeah, but despite all that, it's a great poll that should be taken seriously :p

I personally find it frustrating that BigAnt have tried to innovate, take cricket gaming to a new level and create a completely immersive game, you are the batsman, you see what he sees (batting cam as default and no field radar) yet people still hanker after the familiarity of a 25 year old concept in cricket games with broadcast view and field radar.

Familiarity breeds contempt (unless my wife is reading this).

Users who are viewing this thread