Group C - 11th Match Sri Lanka v West Indies

LOL. Australia out!!! Fantastic! I'd rather Sri Lanka missed out, but i'll take Australia. Bahaha.

I am happy we are out of the T20, now we can focus more on Ashes, which stands much more higher and important this this shirt verison of game.

As a neutral supporter, who do you want to win the Ashes Avroneel? I'm interested into what an Indian fan such as yourself will be hoping for in this summer's series. Just be glad your team's still in the tournament for now. Boy I wouldn't like to be an Australian fan right now!

Yep, thanks for pointing that one out to me mate, you English guys are the best at identifying the good and the bad, I believe if West Indies can employ your services, we could improve and start winning, don't you think???
Hope you will not be asking too much vCash for your services!!!

Dont worry mate West Indies will prove them all wrong.I always support West Indies after india.It will take years for england to produce even one pure english guy(and i dont mean those from other countries) who can bat like Gayle.So underestimate west indies at your own risk guys.;)

boney_g added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

As a neutral supporter, who do you want to win the Ashes Avroneel? I'm interested into what an Indian fan such as yourself will be hoping for in this summer's series. Just be glad your team's still in the tournament for now. Boy I wouldn't like to be an Australian fan right now!
Ashes 2009
Australia 5 - 0 England ;)

LOL didn't expect to see that when I got up today, Australia seem to always get out of these situations.

A good bowling performance by Mendis,Malinga..Aus bowlers were not effective at all,so now they are out of competetion...

SL are the dark horse for this tournament, if their top order fires their bowling will certainly back them up. Not surprised by our exit, in fact I predicted it at the start knowing we suck against spinners not to mention we don't have T20 players.

Well... lucky for me i still have India to support:p
Where to begin? Why was B Lee playing. Siddle should've come in and Haddin should've been openning with Warner. Watson 3, Ponting 4 and D Hussey at 5. Ok i'll give you the team that should've played:
1. Warner
2. Haddin
3. Watson
4. D. Hussey
5. Ponting
6. Clarke
7. Johnson (play him like Albie)
8. Bracken
9. Hauritz
10. Siddle
11. Hilfy

Well... lucky for me i still have India to support:p
Where to begin? Why was B Lee playing. Siddle should've come in and Haddin should've been openning with Warner. Watson 3, Ponting 4 and D Hussey at 5. Ok i'll give you the team that should've played:
1. Warner 2. Haddin 3. Watson 4. D. Hussey 5. Ponting 6. Clarke 7. Johnson (play him like Albie) 8. Bracken 9. Hauritz 10. Siddle 11. Hilfy

Truth be told, there is one guy missing from this lineup, sadly he was sent fishing, what a time to go fish :D:banana2

Ideally I would have gone with
Warner
Watson
Hodge
Haddin
Dussey
Hussey/Clarke
Johnson
Krejza
Hauritz
Hilfy
Nannes

I think Australia and Pakistan should play a 5 match T20 series in England :p

(Well, thats when Pakistan gets knocked out tomorrow)

I wasn't surprised to see the Aussie's go, there batting lineup hardly looks as though it is capable of destroying attacks. I don't know why some people are flogging Brett Lee though, he had a bad world cup I know but he is a lot better then Peter Siddle LOL.

Anyway congrats to Sri Lanka to making it throught to the next round, and the Windies. Both of these teams are really fun to watch, Sri Lanka's bowling is probaly the best going around in the world by a mile.

In this group,one pf the top teams was definitely going to go.

What this means is,we will be having yet another group of death next time round too.

Users who are viewing this thread