India tour of South Africa

S

Satan666

Not our problem. If this was in India a different story. We did not tell them to build a pitch like this. I just watched the match highlights and we took some nasty blows and yet batted well. Now when it comes to SAF they are known to be gentlemen and they did prove so. No matter who won or lost the series, this match is bloody on!

For crying out loud its 2018 and Indian put the I in ICC, yall rule the world of cricket with an iron fist and shows by this match you are willing to put your own lives at risk for a win![DOUBLEPOST=1517008609][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm pretty sure if SA won the toss and we were in this position right now, they would not be complaining and there would be no talk about the pitch being dangerous and acting like you got your head taken off by a bouncer from a short of a length delivery.

Sourav Ganguly was one of the first guys to come out and show distain for this pitch as well as Bumrah atesting to the uneven bounce on day 2!

namin96

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another sad day in the Indian controlled cricketing world. The match continues tomorrow as confirmed by the ICC.

Didnt had much respect for Indian players or administrators and after reading 99% of the posts on this thread I can safely say I have zero respect for the Indian community members on this board.

Among all the posts though there were maybe one or two guys agreein the match should be cancelled, hats of to you!

I sincerely hope and prayer that no player recieves any serious injury tommorow, thats players from both India and South Africa.

Dean Elgar over reacted because his technique has issues and he also got hit on the bottom grille of the helmet so I don't understand why he had to take his helmet off and create drama.

namin96

Club Captain
For crying out loud its 2018 and Indian put the I in ICC, yall rule the world of cricket with an iron fist and shows by this match you are willing to put your own lives at risk for a win![DOUBLEPOST=1517008609][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sourav Ganguly was one of the first guys to come out and show distain for this pitch as well as Bumrah atesting to the uneven bounce on day 2!

Yeah well maybe they should learn how to create proper pitches then. As for cancelling the match, India already batted twice on it and showed if you actually apply yourself and take a few blows, you can score. Cancelling a match after 75% of the match is over would be absolutely ridiculous. Also not a single ball has bounced unevenly or quickly from a good length area on the pitch. Bumrah's ball was a bouncer so of course its going to kick up and it did, but if you have a better technique you could get on with that.

S

Satan666

Yeah well maybe they should learn how to create proper pitches then. As for cancelling the match, India already batted twice on it and showed if you actually apply yourself and take a few blows, you can score. Cancelling a match after 75% of the match is over would be absolutely ridiculous.

India as well have had issues with pitches more than anywhere else.

Rahane took a blow to the elbow and sent the physio back to make it appear that the pitch is safe. There were talks early into the Indian 2nd inns and they decided to continue. Any one with some cricket knowledge and have played the game knows for a fact that this pitch is not safe! Similar to playing out a draw for badlight! Absolutely zero sportsmanship on display. Its sad really because the Indian teams I grew up
wathing were extraordinary gentlemen of the game, who place sportsmanship above all.

namin96

Club Captain
India as well have had issues with pitches more than anywhere else.

Rahane took a blow to the elbow and sent the physio back to make it appear that the pitch is safe. There were talks early into the Indian 2nd inns and they decided to continue. Any one with some cricket knowledge and have played the game knows for a fact that this pitch is not safe! Similar to playing out a draw for badlight! Absolutely zero sportsmanship on display. Its sad really because the Indian teams I grew up
wathing were extraordinary gentlemen of the game, who place sportsmanship above all.

I'm just going to say if the match had to be cancelled, it should have been done after SA finished their 1st innings. To even think about it after letting Ind bat on it for the 2nd innings is senseless. There is no issue of sportsmanship here, the pitch was prepared with instructions from SA and there's helmets and guards for this reason. This pitch does not seem as bad as some of the pitches before which have had abandoned matches.

S

Satan666

I'm just going to say if the match had to be cancelled, it should have been done after SA finished their 1st innings. To even think about it after letting Ind bat on it for the 2nd innings is senseless. There is no issue of sportsmanship here, the pitch was prepared with instructions from SA and there's helmets and guards for this reason. This pitch does not seem as bad as some of the pitches before which have had abandoned matches.

The pitch has deteriorated considerably from day 1, pieces of the pitch have unearthed and the uneven bounce is much more apparent as indicated by all the blows batsmen took on the 3rd day. So it was obvious that India took the blows to their body and brushed it off so as to indicate that nothings wrong with the pitch, when SA goes into bat they have Bumrah bowling short on a pitch already difficult to predict height, that my friend is the lack of sportsmanship. Similar to the Aussie teams of the 2000s, win by all costs.

namin96

Club Captain
The pitch has deteriorated considerably from day 1, pieces of the pitch have unearthed and the uneven bounce is much more apparent as indicated by all the blows batsmen took on the 3rd day. So it was obvious that India took the blows to their body and brushed it off so as to indicate that nothings wrong with the pitch, when SA goes into bat they have Bumrah bowling short on a pitch already difficult to predict height, that my friend is the lack of sportsmanship. Similar to the Aussie teams of the 2000s, win by all costs.

So if SA had won the toss and Ind was in this situation and Morne Morkel and Rabada were coming around the wicket to our batsman and banging it into the pitch on a short length would you be claiming it is a lack of sportsmanship? "win by all costs", isn't this a sport? I don't think trying to compete with good intensity and using the conditions to your advantage is considered lack of sportsmanship especially in the game of Cricket where conditions are crucial. The goal is to win the game and India can't control the pitch which isn't in their hands.

S

Satan666

So if SA had won the toss and Ind was in this situation and Morne Morkel and Rabada were coming around the wicket to our batsman and banging it into the pitch on a short length would you be claiming it is a lack of sportsmanship? "win by all costs", isn't this a sport? I don't think trying to compete with good intensity and using the conditions to your advantage is considered lack of sportsmanship especially in the game of Cricket where conditions are crucial. The goal is to win the game and India can't control the pitch which isn't in their hands.

Before India had a healthy lead I posted about abandoning this match!

If comditions are so crucial then definitely the match needs to be abandoned!

Yes the goal is to win, win at all costs?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you can't survive on the track, why do you prepare it? It has been proven in the past - India v Aus Pune 2017; ow this one too. If you go on the excess of home advantage then it happens!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The conspiracy theories are out lol ... somehow this situation is also BCCI's doing :spy Brilliant

Like most sensible people have said so far, game should have been called off, but this should have been done much earlier. The pitch hasnt changed since yesterday. Batsmen were hit before as well, and the pitch was inspected several times. Both Faf and Kohli have wished for the game to go on. But that doesn't matter. It is supposed to be a decision made solely by the umpires. They cannot hide behind the excuse of "Captains were willing to carry on". The umpires have dug themselves a hole here, if anything

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If you can't survive on the track, why do you prepare it? It has been proven in the past - India v Aus Pune 2017; ow this one too. If you go on the excess of home advantage then it happens!
Exactly my thoughts.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India should not let what happened last evening come in the way. Come out strong, come out hard and clean the Proteans out. Meanwhile lets keep the sportsman spirit high.

S

Satan666

The conspiracy theories are out lol ... somehow this situation is also BCCI's doing :spy Brilliant

Like most sensible people have said so far, game should have been called off, but this should have been done much earlier. The pitch hasnt changed since yesterday. Batsmen were hit before as well, and the pitch was inspected several times. Both Faf and Kohli have wished for the game to go on. But that doesn't matter. It is supposed to be a decision made solely by the umpires. They cannot hide behind the excuse of "Captains were willing to carry on". The umpires have dug themselves a hole here, if anything

Funny you brought up conspiracy theories, didnt wanted to bring it up earlier cuz the Heyenas are out and the Sharks are smelling blood but this situation warrants an investigation.[DOUBLEPOST=1517027820][/DOUBLEPOST]
India should not let what happened last evening come in the way. Come out strong, come out hard and clean the Proteans out. Meanwhile lets keep the sportsman spirit high.

Sportsman spirit? You gotta be kidding me!

Users who are viewing this thread