Which Batsman can break Tendulkar's ODI Double Ton Record!!!

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Havent seen the game, but Sehwag says the boundaries were 50 yards? What was the average boundary size?

Average boundary size is around 65-68 meters. There are longer boundaries in some grounds.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Well Well Well.... This thread serves the purpose in a quick fashion, i wasnt expecting this tooo early... Congrats Sehwag, Well-done.. You played one of the best innings in world cricket.

I wont agree with Yuraj that beating this record would be next to impossible. Its still very much possible in my view though its quite tough.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Havent seen the game, but Sehwag says the boundaries were 50 yards? What was the average boundary size?

50 yards? Are you taking the piss? Someone tried to claim in defence of ODI Cricket that you can still watch someone build an innings.

50 yards??? I could bleedin' knick it for 6.

This is why Cricket is ridiculous at the moment. Get some bloody consistency in the size of grounds. In Australia a boundary can be up to 100 yards like Melbourne. By my reckoning anyone who's ever reached 120 at Melbourne has basically equalled this score.

50 yards?!? Surely this can't be right??

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That sounds even smaller than Harare. Congrats to Sehwag nonetheless. Same boundary for all the players in this match.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
50 yards? Are you taking the piss? Someone tried to claim in defence of ODI Cricket that you can still watch someone build an innings.

50 yards??? I could bleedin' knick it for 6.

This is why Cricket is ridiculous at the moment. Get some bloody consistency in the size of grounds. In Australia a boundary can be up to 100 yards like Melbourne. By my reckoning anyone who's ever reached 120 at Melbourne has basically equalled this score.

50 yards?!? Surely this can't be right??

Not sure if you know he scored 190 odd in Melbourne on day 1. Key thing to understand - both cricket and Shewag are unpredictable.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Well thats what Sehwag said. Is there any standard regulation regarding the size of the boundaries?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Ok, 65 yards sounds about right :) Seriously 50 yards would have been a joke.

I'm not taking anything away from the knock, but surely it's like the Swimming records with the new suits? As boundaries get smaller to encourage runs, scores will escalate disproportionately. So though people are smashing all the swimming records, does it make it a better swim than one set in a suit with more friction? Is this a better knock than one worth less runs on a harder pitch (i.e not one that has already seen a 200 scored) against better bowlers under more pressure with bigger boundaries?

Obviously you still have to do it, but let's not pretend a wayward medium fast attack that bowls with width isn't going to get carted by Sehwag every day of the week :)

It's like the SA v AUS game. Crazy, but then with tiny boundaries and the altitude effecting the travel of the ball. Was it a better game than one where a team made 300 on a minefield?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well done Sehwag, this makes his ODI record look a lot better now. The crazy thing is he still had 3.3 overs left. Guess the question is now which non Indian player with make the first ever double 100 :p

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I'm not taking anything away from the knock, but surely it's like the Swimming records with the new suits? As boundaries get smaller to encourage runs, scores will escalate disproportionately. So though people are smashing all the swimming records, does it make it a better swim than one set in a suit with more friction? Is this a better knock than one worth less runs on a harder pitch (i.e not one that has already seen a 200 scored) against better bowlers under more pressure with bigger boundaries?
You can't properly compare two different innings in cricket. There are just too many variables - weather, pitch, umpiring, bowling attack, form, outfield, wind, etc. Stats often don't paint the complete picture. This surely wasn't the best innings ever played but it was entertaining. And as a spectator that is what should matter.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
WTF? I refreshed the cricinfo page just to double-check I was reading the correct headline. And geez, he made it with overs to spare. Insane. Well done Sehwag :clap

Users who are viewing this thread