FA Cup

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You're starting to get ridiculous, Phil.

It was a clear penalty. Baros got the ball past the keeper and he tripped him.

wolf

International Cricketer
The ways a player can get sent off, from FIFA:-

is guilty of serious foul play

is guilty of violent conduct

spits at an opponent or any other person

denies the opposing team a goal or an
obvious goal-scoring opportunity by
deliberately handling the ball (this does
not apply to a goalkeeper within his
own penalty area)

denies an obvious goal-scoring
opportunity to an opponent moving
towards the player’s goal by an offence
punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

uses offensive or insulting or abusive
language and/or gestures

receives a second caution in the same
match

Just answer this question directly. Do you not think that it was not an obvious goalscoring oppotunity? If so, by the rules of the game, it was a sending off.

PhilD123

International Coach
You're starting to get ridiculous, Phil.

It was a clear penalty. Baros got the ball past the keeper and he tripped him.
Three weeks ago, you said that Nani went towards Gallas for the headbutt, so it was his fault. Today, Baros went towards Kuszczak, not the other way around, you can't have it both ways.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, that is a bit of a leap.

Baros went towards the direction of the goal as he should. He tried to round Kuszczak who missed the ball and made contact with Baros.

Nani headbutted Gallas.

There is absolutely no similarity.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I think it was a penalty, but the way the guy threw himself down, he's lucky the ref didn't give it the other way!! I'm just hacked off that we didn't get the penalty we should've done, it's cost us the chance of another shot at the treble! I mean, let's face it, if we'd got through today, who could realistically stop us bagging another FA Cup? But as I said before, luck just wasn't on our side today but we definitely should've scored a couple of goals.

PhilD123

International Coach
Lol, that is a bit of a leap.

Baros went towards the direction of the goal as he should. He tried to round Kuszczak who missed the ball and made contact with Baros.

Nani headbutted Gallas.

There is absolutely no similarity.
The similarity is in that just as you claim it was Nani going towards Gallas, I feel that it was actually Baros who left his leg in and went towards Kuszczaks head and even then, he went down ridiculously late, he could have stayed on his feet.

PhilD123

International Coach
Lol. I dont actually think it was a pen, but, I can understand why it was given, the angle gave the ref a difficult decision. So I'm actually not too annoyed about that, more about the fact that Kuszczak was sent off for it when Baros played it away from the goal and about the pen that we didn't get.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
For neutral football fans, I would say they would prefer a final of lower league teams than something like Chelsea v Man Utd. With all of their foreign players, they don't have the passion for the FA Cup and they don't understand what it means. The lower league clubs will fight tooth and nail for it. The attendance is irrelevant really.

Monty57

Club Cricketer
It was a Pen no doubt about it - the fact that no united players complain tells it all and even ur idiot of an assistent Manager said it was a Pen. I didnt like what your assistent said either when he said " We must try and get the TAYLORS of this game out of it" or something along those lines. Martin Taylor is not a Thug player and it was an accident what happenend if he had said someone like Roy Keane or Vinnie Jones he would have had a point but to use Taylor is just wrong.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
It was a pen but it wouldn't have surprised me to see him booked for diving because a) you're not allowed to give penos at OT and b) there was very little contact.

We went out, dissapointed but I guess if we're going to lose it's best to do it in the FA cup and not the league/CL because usually we do have a bit of a backlash. On another day we would have won but just one of those days, when the Ronaldo one wasn't given and you see Carrick miss that chance you knew we were going to go out.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
It was a pen but it wouldn't have surprised me to see him booked for diving because a) you're not allowed to give penos at OT and b) there was very little contact.

We went out, dissapointed but I guess if we're going to lose it's best to do it in the FA cup and not the league/CL because usually we do have a bit of a backlash. On another day we would have won but just one of those days, when the Ronaldo one wasn't given and you see Carrick miss that chance you knew we were going to go out.

wolf

International Cricketer
Lol. I dont actually think it was a pen, but, I can understand why it was given, the angle gave the ref a difficult decision. So I'm actually not too annoyed about that, more about the fact that Kuszczak was sent off for it when Baros played it away from the goal and about the pen that we didn't get.

Played it away from goal? He went around the keeper towards the goal where he would have had a clear shot on goal and would have almost certainly scored.

For neutral football fans, I would say they would prefer a final of lower league teams than something like Chelsea v Man Utd. With all of their foreign players, they don't have the passion for the FA Cup and they don't understand what it means. The lower league clubs will fight tooth and nail for it. The attendance is irrelevant really.

Agreed. My perfect match would be Portsmouth v Cardiff/Barnsley, the underdog versus the favourite. Please don't let it be West Brom. :upray

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Kuzcak getting sent off could be a blessing in disguise bearing in mind some fans think VDS has gone insane and he just stands there talking to himself because it could see Foster force his way into the side.

We were aways out anyway, the FA have conspired against us!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I didnt like what your assistent said either when he said " We must try and get the TAYLORS of this game out of it" or something along those lines. Martin Taylor is not a Thug player and it was an accident what happenend if he had said someone like Roy Keane or Vinnie Jones he would have had a point but to use Taylor is just wrong.
Yeah that was well out of order, especially after the shocking attempt Rooney made at a tackle. Luckily he missed, but you could see it in his eyes as the jumped in.

Users who are viewing this thread