Best Young Bowler- Please post your ideas

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
That's laughable coming from a Kevin Pietersen fan. How many times did he get KP out without KP scoring any runs off of him?

He completely destroyed him. Not to mention what he did to South Africa in South Africa, he was completely unplayable.

He also brought Sachin Tendulkar to his knees.

I really like both bowlers allot, there both on par.

So what, he got KP out a few times. Why should that make me change my opinion ? Steyn's a far more threatening bowler, but they're completely different. If Asif wasn't a drug taking moron i'd probably be a fan of him, but he is, so I have no time for the lad. He may be a fantastic bowler, but Steyn's far better for me, far more pace, he's got accuracy and he swings the ball far more than Asif. Asif relies more on his line and length and his seam movement, I think pace and swing is far more threatening. Steyn's played 12 more tests, but has 70 more wickets, at a better average, better strike rate, and similar economy. Steyn's a much better bowler.

Highlander999

ICC President
So what, he got KP out a few times. Why should that make me change my opinion ? Steyn's a far more threatening bowler, but they're completely different. If Asif wasn't a drug taking moron i'd probably be a fan of him, but he is, so I have no time for the lad. He may be a fantastic bowler, but Steyn's far better for me, far more pace, he's got accuracy and he swings the ball far more than Asif. Asif relies more on his line and length and his seam movement, I think pace and swing is far more threatening. Steyn's played 12 more tests, but has 70 more wickets, at a better average, better strike rate, and similar economy. Steyn's a much better bowler.

Exactly. Drugs taking just gives the sport a bad name and recently the Pakistani team have just gone from one disaster to the next with there bowlers.

On topic I would say Steyn and Broad

pauldrulez

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Established - Dale Steyn

Future - Chris Jordan (Surrey & WI) New Curtly Ambrose except he can bat. Remember the name

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
He didn't just get KP out, he destroyed him over and over again.

Have you honestly seen Asif bowl? His a genius and has constantly dismissed much better batsman then what Steyn as he has been an opportunist against teams like New Zealand, West Indies & Bangladesh.

No bowler in the world at the moment is "far better" then Asif.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Consistently dismissed ? He's played 11 test matches. He failed to take a wicket against Australia, doesn't have amazing figures against India and only played 1 Test against England. He got Pietersen out 4 times in 7 innings, which tbh is what you'd expect from a strike bowler, i'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't a strike bowler who consistently got out the top players, thats their job. As for your ludicrous claim that Steyn is an oppurtunist bowler, he 16 wickets in 3 tests against England, 21 wickets at 19 against India, 8 wickets in 2 tests in Sri Lanka, and he has 74 wickets at 21 in South Africa.

Also, you claim Asif has dismissed better batsmen, Steyn's dismissed:
McCullum (4)
Styris (4)
Sehwag (3)
Oram (3)
Samuels (3)
Fleming (2)
Ganguly (2)
Vettori (2)
Trescothick (2)
Dravid (1)
Jaffer (1)
Chanderpaul (1)
Vaughan (1)
Younis Khan (1)
Laxman (1)
Dhoni (1)
Bravo (1)
Yousuf (1)

That is a long list of fantastic players, and I could have included more. Steyn's a far more proven bowler and has been South Africa's stand out player, which is impressive considering he's played in a team that included the likes of Pollock, Ntini, Smith, Kallis etc. I'm not doubting Asif's talent, as he is a fantastic bowler, but in his 11 match test career his figures don't match up to Steyn's. I'd certainly rather have a bowling attack of Steyn, Lee and Sidebottom, and not include Asif. His career is as good as over, he's a moron, he takes and smuggles illegal drugs. I think we should be discussing players who are still playing, and playing within the rules of the game, Steyn certainly isn't pumped full of performance enhancing drugs.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Jeez, his dismissed 5 players who average over 45 in Test Cricket. Here is the list of batsman who Asif has dismissed who average over 45 in Test Cricket, infact the only one who doesn't average 50+ in that list is Kevin Pietersen.

Smith (3)
Kallis (2)
Jayawardena (2)
Sangakkara (2)
Dravid (1)
Sehwag (1)
Tendulkar (1)
Pietersen (1)

shubhrayu

International Coach
Ishant and Steyn

shubhrayu added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

wtf who is Anwar Ali????

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
Guys

what do u think should count when im putting the bowlers in order. for batsmen i did their average. what should i do for bowlers?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He didn't just get KP out, he destroyed him over and over again.

Have you honestly seen Asif bowl? His a genius and has constantly dismissed much better batsman then what Steyn as he has been an opportunist against teams like New Zealand, West Indies & Bangladesh.

No bowler in the world at the moment is "far better" then Asif.

Have you seen him bowl recently? He's mediocre at best, can barely make the Pakistan team.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Having Sekhar and Lillee as coaches in the IPL will no doubt help his progress. Last time he left the MRF Pace Foundation after a stint, he was bowling at 140kph and had an outswinger.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I am amazed you guys have forgotten Jerome Taylor. Hes is best honest trier WI has seen in last few years and gives his all. Descent pace and very good slower ball as well. :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread