Best Young Bowler- Please post your ideas

MalikBrother

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am really impressed with Tanvir so far. He certainly is future for Pakistan
Along with Tanvir, Broad, Ishant have future :D

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
So what, he got KP out a few times. Why should that make me change my opinion ? Steyn's a far more threatening bowler, but they're completely different. If Asif wasn't a drug taking moron i'd probably be a fan of him, but he is, so I have no time for the lad. He may be a fantastic bowler, but Steyn's far better for me, far more pace, he's got accuracy and he swings the ball far more than Asif. Asif relies more on his line and length and his seam movement, I think pace and swing is far more threatening. Steyn's played 12 more tests, but has 70 more wickets, at a better average, better strike rate, and similar economy. Steyn's a much better bowler.
you really lack cricketing knowledge man,steyn bowls in south africa
got it if you still do not get it then read-asif is more of a seam bowler
who has the god gifted ability to swing the ball in the air and seam it off the pitch ,steyn is a fast bowler who hits the deck hard and gets away movement,he is inconsistant in line and length and when he faces good batting line-ups he will pay look at the india series he was hammered in the first match and still ended up getting 15 wickets you say thats great in the sub continent but wait he got 10 tailenders out and struggled against top order batsman particularly lefthanders.so there are many better young bowlers than him

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Where does he say that Steyn has more accuracy than Asif?

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
I think I already proved why Asif is better then Steyn.

Asif has dismissed more world-class batsman and has played half the ammount of Test matches that Steyn has.

Although, I wouldn't rule out King_Pietersen coming in here and claiming that none of the batsman of the current era are world-class because they didn't play in the 1970's & 1980's.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer

Asif has dismissed more world-class batsman and has played half the ammount of Test matches that Steyn has.

Although, I wouldn't rule out King_Pietersen coming in here and claiming that none of the batsman of the current era are world-class because they didn't play in the 1970's & 1980's.

Great one

manee

Chairman of Selectors

Let's not go overboard. We both acknowleged that the standard of batting has not changed much but averages have increased due to flatter pitches and a slight decline in bowling as the great bowlers from the 1990s retired. However, that is for the other thread.

Although Asif has dismissed more 'world-class' batsmen than Steyn has. Steyn has surely, in the last two years, dismissed enough 'non world-class' batsmen to make up for that. Indeed, how many Dwayne Bravo's equal a Sachin Tendulkar. Furthermore, Steyn is taking on England, who have Cook, Pietersen and Bell - all with good Test records as well as taking on Australia in their/your summer and so has plenty opportunity to prove himself against good batsmen. Moreover, in his recent tour of India, he did manage to dismiss:
- Virender Sehwag (2)
- Rahul Dravid
- Sourav Ganguly (2)

All three are quality batsmen, especially in India. The weakness against top quality batsmen is evident, but certainly not one which could harm his potential to become one of the all time great South African bowlers.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member

You can only take the wickets of those players put in front of you, and Steyn has certainly done that. Asif's career is as good as over as well, Pakistan would be stupid to let a drug taker and smuggler back into the team. Asif may have dismissed more world class batsmen, but Steyn has more test wickets, and although he's played more tests has a better average and only slightly worse economy. I don't think Asif has done enough to be compared to Steyn, Steyn's been consistently taking wickets for a long period of time, whereas Asif's test career has been very short, if he gets back into the test side we'll compare the stats once Asif's played the same amount of tests as Steyn. You've proved nothing, as it's your opinion against mine.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
you really lack cricketing knowledge man,steyn bowls in south africa

The very defnition of irony. You can't string 2 lines together that aren't riddled with bias and emotion-led rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Let's not go overboard. We both acknowleged that the standard of batting has not changed much but averages have increased due to flatter pitches and a slight decline in bowling as the great bowlers from the 1990s retired. However, that is for the other thread.

Although Asif has dismissed more 'world-class' batsmen than Steyn has. Steyn has surely, in the last two years, dismissed enough 'non world-class' batsmen to make up for that. Indeed, how many Dwayne Bravo's equal a Sachin Tendulkar. Furthermore, Steyn is taking on England, who have Cook, Pietersen and Bell - all with good Test records as well as taking on Australia in their/your summer and so has plenty opportunity to prove himself against good batsmen. Moreover, in his recent tour of India, he did manage to dismiss:
- Virender Sehwag (2)
- Rahul Dravid
- Sourav Ganguly (2)

All three are quality batsmen, especially in India. The weakness against top quality batsmen is evident, but certainly not one which could harm his potential to become one of the all time great South African bowlers.

bell-good test record against bangladesh you mean.

ganguly did not edge the ball once and he was given out,shewag took him apart in first test.he is not that great to left handers also.

and onethinhg- he lacks is consistency which is important to be a great bowler

Cricket_god added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

The very defnition of irony. You can't string 2 lines together that aren't riddled with bias and emotion-led rubbish.

so what i am biased,i do not mince my words like you mr unbiased emotionless
rubbish

Cricket_god added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

You can only take the wickets of those players put in front of you, and Steyn has certainly done that. Asif's career is as good as over as well, Pakistan would be stupid to let a drug taker and smuggler back into the team. Asif may have dismissed more world class batsmen, but Steyn has more test wickets, and although he's played more tests has a better average and only slightly worse economy. I don't think Asif has done enough to be compared to Steyn, Steyn's been consistently taking wickets for a long period of time, whereas Asif's test career has been very short, if he gets back into the test side we'll compare the stats once Asif's played the same amount of tests as Steyn. You've proved nothing, as it's your opinion against mine.

we are talking about talent not future.its up to them who knows steyn
might also use drugs:D

Users who are viewing this thread