[Upcomming/Multiplayer] 3D street Cricket Game - Information

ssyd99

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi folks,

Good news, the development has started of a free multi-player 3D Cricket game with a pure focus on

(a) Extreme Game-Play
(b) Multi-player Features
(c) Good graphics
(d) Will be able work on low-end machine with low end graphic cards

If you want to help then you can in following areas below

(a) Stadiums (3D Studio Max 2008/Maya 2008/Blender/Any other tool)
(b) Build Skeleton Animation models of cricketers (Biped/Bone based/Key Frames)
(c) high Quality Textures

Note - This Game will directly or indirectly will not be competing with The Art of Cricket or the EA Sports game coz we will not be supporting shaders etc but our primary focus is

excellent gameplay + very realistic physics + network= On low end machines

Our focus will be to get a decent yet a thoroughly enjoyable game out in the shortest possible time.

[email protected] is my email address. I live in india, working as a telecommunications engineer with passion for game programming, electromagnetics (applied physics), of course cricket etc

sorry for taking ur time guys
Thanks a lot;)

PS:- This is the kind of approximate scale of models we are building

A) Model3.jpg - is how i want the game to look like (infact it will be along those lines)
B) Modeltypes.jpg - is how much of a scale the model should look like
C) cricketer.jpg - is how the texture quality i would like

Infact if you happen to played brian lara cricket 2007 it was sort of a disappointment for me in the most advanced graphics card 8600 GTX 256 MB dedicated coz somehow i felt it was really fast enough you know. The shots u played were somehow...i mean at times there are some delay and they looked crappy at times sometimes too much heavy use of shaders

I shall post an alpha version soon once i get some level up

Attachments

• Model3.JPG
    Model3.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 4,933
  • Modeltypes.jpg
    Modeltypes.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 730
  • cricketer.jpg
    cricketer.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,366
Last edited:

ssyd99

School Cricketer
aaah thanks a lot 6 x let us wait and see if someone else can join our team as well..:D

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I can't really help because I know nothing about computers but I would love to seeshots like the reverse sweep and shovel shot if you can make them?

ssyd99

School Cricketer
:D;) I will make them. I currently got some stadiums from google warehouse (sketchup) and I am experimenting with them, yes once someone makes some 3D model of a cricketer, i will make them do atleast 30-40 different cricketing shots and export them to the game and will start using them...let us see how it goes

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
:D;) I will make them. I currently got some stadiums from google warehouse (sketchup) and I am experimenting with them, yes once someone makes some 3D model of a cricketer, i will make them do atleast 30-40 different cricketing shots and export them to the game and will start using them...let us see how it goes

this is gonna take a very long time bro.

ssyd99

School Cricketer
this is gonna take a very long time bro.

Nope 6x it wont take very long. Trust me. We just need a good 3D Artist and we will them exported in no time, coz exporting and importing into game engine, using them in each game frame, setting up key board event controllers etc all that is ready, say if you press

Shift + down arrow = the batsman will hit a straight drive (its just about playing the animation at right time so that the bat hits the delivered ball etc etc, i mean all that and more i will personally take care of)

Programming a game is not hard 6x. Just need the right people and resources.

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
Nope 6x it wont take very long. Trust me. We just need a good 3D Artist and we will them exported in no time, coz exporting and importing into game engine, using them in each game frame, setting up key board event controllers etc all that is ready, say if you press

Shift + down arrow = the batsman will hit a straight drive (its just about playing the animation at right time so that the bat hits the delivered ball etc etc, i mean all that and more i will personally take care of)

Programming a game is not hard 6x. Just need the right people and resources.

i see i see
well fielding is gonna be hell for u. because lm had a hard time making the fielding as good as he could

ssyd99

School Cricketer
Good luck with this but you know it takes a lot of effort to make a cricket game such as TAOC.

Thank you cricketdude!

I know the TAOC guys have put a lot of effort. I am not here to compete with them and i only want add to the whole idea of free cricket games in 3d and possibly help TAOC if they like me helping and Infact they(The TAOC) have added lots of realistic stadiums, more artists working, textures, while I am all alone (with another guy working on the skeleton animations) so I am only concentrating on

(a) really good fluid body models with awesome fluid real life game play with wide range of shots
(b) realistic physics and multiplayer support

I will work day and night to get this game out.

This is how a sample stadium we are using is looking at the moment

@6x ... fielding still has a long way to go here my breakup

(a) get stadiums loaded into the game engine
(b) get player + animations up (a bowler and a batsman for the time being)
(c) get keyboard controller callbacks/states
(d) get collision detection/response

Run and see how it goes, tweak it lot, add/delete and make realistic animations and then probably we will get the larger parts like u know many players, fielding part etc...i am right now concentrating on the core

More later:D:eek:;):p

Attachments

• mesh_export_GameLevel1_streetcrick.jpg
    mesh_export_GameLevel1_streetcrick.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,844

ssyd99

School Cricketer
:D i shall contact LM sometime and see how I can help

Users who are viewing this thread