Cricket 2004 - Negative inspiration

squiz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
WOW, looks the game will get underway soon, i think you need an official licence, it'll be crappy with names spelled differently, but Licencing costs alot of money which you dont obviously have. But i could live without the liscening, but it would make it alot better

Radaga

International Coach
Hi, i know its pretty late now, but i would like to help if i could in the research or testing part, that is if you need any more people.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
squiz - what if the included editor allowed you to rectify the problem?

radaga - we ALWAYS need researchers... :D

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
off topic

Just had to delete a load of off topic posts which were discussing pc specs for cricket 2004.

This thread is to do with development for a proposed cricket project, hence I don't want to have to wade through a pile of off topic posts to read the info I am interested in.

Please keep on topic in future, or post new threads etc if you have other queries

squiz

International Coach
Originally posted by Scatter
squiz - what if the included editor allowed you to rectify the problem?

Wouldn't you still need to have a licence to do that? That's if you were gonna release it officially

Scatter

Club Cricketer
and if we don't get a licence i will need to remember to come back and delete all of these posts... :D

Edit - This is exactly what i have done now - coz i know i would forget later... ;)

Last edited:

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Does anyone have International Test Cricket by Daniel Thomas? It mightn't have been a huge seller but, Dan didn't have player licenses either. He DID have a player editor. It didn't take long for everyone to start posting team databases. And the game is STILL be played all these years later. I know I boot it up occasionally.

mikle_antonio

School Cricketer
I say we start off with a strong cricket logic engine.Then build the other components.we can use cvs.

jonah

International Coach
No, real names aren't important to start with, as long as there's an editor to rectify them, as we all like playing with/against lifelike teams. Your PES comparison is excellent Scatter; get the AI and game right, then worry about the editors to rectify names etc.
On a seperate note, I also think it's important to make the game as easily editable as possible (unlike c2k4). Hopefully the ai will be spot on so shouldn't need tweaking;) , but things like kits, adboards, pitchmats, field placings etc should be easy to modify so as to prolong the playability and appeal of the game.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Scatter, I have no problems with the player names as most often than not the original players needs updating. What we need is a robust editor not just for altering players but also provide with adding new teams. Something in the lines of Cricket'97, it had only two original teams with no real names in it but the editor had options to add new teams. You could at any point of time customize tournments by including the teams that were created by the players. It is really good to know you are putting in lots of effort to get this project going, good work mate.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Totally agree with the previous posts. Player/Team names are not important, as they are secondary to the enjoyment of the game. It is the game engine that gives the game its longevity. I agree too that the game should have robust editors that can keep the game current.

BenAD

School Cricketer
dont worry im sure we will be working on hard on making the game as easy to edit as possible.. unless you guys want a bit of challenge lol.

i must say though, we have made great progress with our ideas in just the last few days, so things are promising.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
ok... further progress made tonight in what is - by necessity - a fairly slow process at this point.

what i need now is for everyone who has put their hand up to volunteer for anything to contact me on MSN Messenger. I need to start coordinating certain elements, and need to know what i have up the sleeve when planning for the future.

it could be a quick chat and then nothing for a couple of weeks, but the sooner i get things organised the better.

my msn email address is [email protected] (remove the NOSPAM obviously). howvere, if you wish to email me for anything use my profiled email addy as it is different and much more reliable.

i especially need to have a chat with ravi and undertaker, but all you researchers and graphics wizzes, get messaging!!! :)

Last edited:

crick4life

International Cricketer
Good going Scatter, look forward to catching up with you. I am thrilled to know you are as enthusiastic as ever and I cant see any reason this cant be a success. I will mail you my messenger id and we can decide on a convinient time to have a chat.

Users who are viewing this thread