Tendulkar v Inzamam TEST CRICKET ONLY

Sachin Tendulkar vs Inzamam Ul Haq

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

h123786

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pal, I'm not going to bother to answer your post, as I think it will be deleted soon enough

All of you would be calling for my head if I called Sachin a sluggish tub of lard, and asking for me to be banned and infracted.

I hope justice will prevail on that, as this is not the first time pal has insulted me or Inzamam with such words.

Rameez Raja was part of a discussion, which I posted so many pages back.

He said Inzamam was better ;)

Besides, I don't think I have ever heard Rameez saying Sachin is better than Inzamam, especially in a pressure situation.

Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?
No it wasnt it was in an interview on ten sports and rameez said he wouldnt compare the batsmen as both were fine but when it was a pressure situation inzamam was better but if u took OTHER ASPECTS TENDULKAR WAS AHEAD OF INZAMAM

Highlander999

ICC President
As a neutral I would just like to point out that I think zMario has been dictating this thread to suit his own argument. As you have pointed out you didn't start the thread and yet there is always some reason why a point brought up by the Indians isn't allowed etc. And yes I have read nearly every page

Highlander999 added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

You know, Inzamam may well be a better match-winner than Sachin. But he is not the better batsman.

zMario, your posts would be better received if you did not go onto make such idiotic claims as "Sachin is not a legend in Test cricket". He's one of the premier batsmen to have ever played the game, and your complete disagreement of that statement shows how most of your views are shrouded in bias.

No, he is NOT one of the premier batsmen to play test cricket.

You are completely wrong there, and your bias shows there.

In ODIs, yes, he is one of the premier batsmen, if not the bets batsman in ODI cricket.

But Test cricket is a completely different story. Rahul Dravid is way ahead of Sachin in tests. Inzamam is way ahead of Sachin in tests. Ponting is way ahead of Sachin in tests. Mohammad Yousuf is way ahead of Sachin in tests. Kallis is way ahead of Sachin in tests. Sangakkara is way ahead of Sachin in tests.

I respect Sachin and admire his brilliance at the one day level. However, he is nowhere near the premier batsmen of the test arena. Prehaps one level under.

I'm not bias and would agree with Sohum

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
How the hell is someone with over 10,000 runs and averaging 54 in Test Cricket not a premiere batsman?!

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
lol..Are we still discussing this Crap?
I just was thinking Why the hell world has rated Sachin so high than Inzi despite of fact that Inzi has played better in pressure situations?
And soon I got realise that no body cares in the word for one format of the Game.Sachin is Best in the world because He dominates the game in every form of the Cricket.

Ok check this now,I am taking Australia as a Standard team for comparison because they have been the best site in past 10 years in both form,ODI and Tests.

India Vs Australia Test Matches,Most Runs.

Pakistan Vs Australia Test Matches, Most Runs.

Now,this will prove certain things,
1. You can't compare two players with only one form of the game or by showing one view of stats which sounds favorable to you.
2. Sachin averages low when it comes to India's win but at a same time it is not only Sachin who can win test matches for India.It just has been lack of support from Bowlers and other batsman.Sachin has scored regularly against every team even in test matches but He would have not won them all for India because India have had no combinations like Akram and Yonus ect.

3.Inzi has scored 317 runs against New Zeland and Pakistan bowled out them twice within 98 overs.S Akhtar and Kaneria shared 14 wickets between them.
In 1997 Sachin has scored 169 runs( in South Africa) out of team's total 328 against South Africa which had better bowling attack than Kiwiz.But India was not able to take 10 wickets in last innings with in 114 overs? ( though all credits to D Cullinan)
Now Was that Sachin's fault?
If Bowler would have taken 10 wickets at than time then Sachin average might have climbed with that 169 runs.

So in short you can't stick to one Stat to prove your point and specially when all the other stats are against you.
As Pal has said If I make tricks within Roster then Flower > All the other Champs and it will make us all laugh just like this one.

I still have other arguments to prove that Sachin is better Batsman but for this You have to understand that You can't put criteria to compare the Player.If you are comparing then it would be ODIs,Test Matches,Fielding,Running,Overall stats.
Because One stats is toward Inzi but other 10 are favoring Sachin.

Just check Why Sachin is far better as Cricketer.

ODIs, India VS Australia Top scorer.
ODIs, Pakistan Vs Australia Top Scorer.

shubhrayu

International Coach
How is this thread on??I don't understand a batsman who has 16000 ODI runs and 11000 test runs cannto be compared with a batsman who is called a boiled potato.. I say at last Tendulkar is a god gifted batsman

Insomniac

Title Recipient
No it wasnt it was in an interview on ten sports and rameez said he wouldnt compare the batsmen as both were fine but when it was a pressure situation inzamam was better but if u took OTHER ASPECTS TENDULKAR WAS AHEAD OF INZAMAM

I posted a latest interview from Ten Sports that took place before the 1st Test India v SL - did you read it?

As a neutral I would just like to point out that I think zMario has been dictating this thread to suit his own argument. As you have pointed out you didn't start the thread and yet there is always some reason why a point brought up by the Indians isn't allowed etc. And yes I have read nearly every page

Highlander999 added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

I'm not bias and would agree with Sohum

I didn't actually say it was not allowed unless it was relevant to ODI cricket, as was dictated in the 4th post or so. Thats the only thing I have "not allowed"

lol..Are we still discussing this Crap?
I just was thinking Why the hell world has rated Sachin so high than Inzi despite of fact that Inzi has played better in pressure situations?
And soon I got realise that no body cares in the word for one format of the Game.Sachin is Best in the world because He dominates the game in every form of the Cricket.

Ok check this now,I am taking Australia as a Standard team for comparison because they have been the best site in past 10 years in both form,ODI and Tests.

India Vs Australia Test Matches,Most Runs.

Pakistan Vs Australia Test Matches, Most Runs.

Why must you always use Australia? Inzamam has only played on test series against the modern Australian team. Australia in the 1990s and early 2000 were slightly beatable.

Just because Sachin just happens to average more? Why don't we use New Zealand for having Shane Bond in seaming conditions?

Oh, thats right, Sachin is crap in NZ (I apologize to many for my language, but since pal's post stayed, it seems that the bar for posts have now been set lower).

Inzamam IN New Zealand: 59.58
Sachin in New Zealand: 41.50

Now you guys will say I'm just looking for stats that happen to support my argument.

Guess what? That is what vaiby is doing as well :)

Let's do this now, Inzamam had to face Walsh, Ambrose, and Ian Bishop. Possibly the best pace bowling attack of the 90s. In the 90s, WI used to manufacture pitches that used to support some bounce and the ball would seam and nip around (granted, thats not the case today)

Inzamam averages 57.63 vs WI in WI, Sachin averages 47.69.

Once again vaiby, I can play the same game as you :) Inzamam only faced Australia in 2 tests in 2004 during his prime years of 2001 to 2005 (where he averaged 93.00 in Pakistan wins)

The only point that you can bring up is Sachin's average vs Australia. Congrats. But Sachin sucks against pace bowling. His average is McGrath is like 21, and his average vs Warne is 39 (Inzamam is 37, but pace bowling is his strength, not spin)

Now,this will prove certain things,
1. You can't compare two players with only one form of the game or by showing one view of stats which sounds favorable to you.

Now wait a second vaiby. We are only comparing Inzamam-ul-Haq the test batsman and Sachin Tendulkar the test batsman.

This debate is only for test cricket, just pretend ODIs don't exist. You CAN compare 2 players with one form of the game.

Also, I have shown MANY statistics which show Inzamam is better than Sachin the Choker Tendulkar. Not just one

2. Sachin averages low when it comes to India's win but at a same time it is not only Sachin who can win test matches for India.It just has been lack of support from Bowlers and other batsman.Sachin has scored regularly against every team even in test matches but He would have not won them all for India because India have had no combinations like Akram and Yonus ect.

Your colleagues (sp?) have stated that Kumble was absolute crap when he first started out.

Your comments are difficult to believe because of that statement. Tell me, is a bowling average of 24 CRAP? Also, I have to ask the lovely question. On occasions India did win, if Sachin is so great, why didn't he score much in them?

3.Inzi has scored 317 runs against New Zeland and Pakistan bowled out them twice within 98 overs.S Akhtar and Kaneria shared 14 wickets between them.
In 1997 Sachin has scored 169 runs( in South Africa) out of team's total 328 against South Africa which had better bowling attack than Kiwiz.But India was not able to take 10 wickets in last innings with in 114 overs? ( though all credits to D Cullinan)
Now Was that Sachin's fault?
If Bowler would have taken 10 wickets at than time then Sachin average might have climbed with that 169 runs.

Let me turn it right back on you.

Inzamam scored 109 and 100* in a match v England in 2005. England were set a target of 285 in 75 overs. Pakistan had England at 20/4 and 100/5.

Now that was single-handedly done by Akhtar. If the other bowlers took the other 6 wickets, Inzamam's average would have gone beyond 80 possibly.

Poorly done vaiby, in fact very poorly done

So in short you can't stick to one Stat to prove your point and specially when all the other stats are against you.
As Pal has said If I make tricks within Roster then Flower > All the other Champs and it will make us all laugh just like this one.

I have not been sticking to one statistic to prove my point. If I was, I would have given up a long time ago. I have shown MANY statistics, but whenever they are not in Sachin's favor, they are deemed rubbish

I still have other arguments to prove that Sachin is better Batsman but for this You have to understand that You can't put criteria to compare the Player.If you are comparing then it would be ODIs,Test Matches,Fielding,Running,Overall stats.
Because One stats is toward Inzi but other 10 are favoring Sachin.

Just check Why Sachin is far better as Cricketer.

ODIs, India VS Australia Top scorer.
ODIs, Pakistan Vs Australia Top Scorer.

Once again, all you can use is games vs Australia?

And you accuse ME of using one stat?

What is the India vs Australia page your home page? :clap

This conversation is once again limited to test cricket. If you could read post #4 of this thread, it is CLEARLY stated. You CAN LIMIT the form of the game. I don't know which guy told you you can't, but if you couldn't do that, then it would have been mentioned.

It also seems to me that you like ODIs better than the true form of the game, test cricket, and because Sachin is clearly better in ODIs, you wish to use that as your main point because you have no other point.

I have NO DOUBTS about Sachin being a legend in ODI cricket. There is NO DOUBT about that. However in the test arena he leaves a lot to be desired, compared to Inzamam.

How the hell is someone with over 10,000 runs and averaging 54 in Test Cricket not a premiere batsman?!

It depends on the definition of premier batsman. Is it the top 5, top 10, top 25?

Cuz hes indian and the OP is a pakistani.

What the hell does that have to do with it? I didn't even start this thread. Learn to read :)

How is this thread on??I don't understand a batsman who has 16000 ODI runs and 11000 test runs cannto be compared with a batsman who is called a boiled potato.. I say at last Tendulkar is a god gifted batsman

This is the first time I'm hearing that Inzamam is a boiled potato. Well done.

Guess what? Sachin is crap in pressure situations. Sachin is a CHOKER.

We are not even using ODI Cricket, so I don't know why you've posted how many runs he has. I'm well aware of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors

Now that's a Quality post ;):rtfl

Inzamam is nothing In front on Sachin.Just a player who retired and was in many controversy...

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan

because Tendulkar have played more matchs then Inzaman and plus Tendulkar opens for India

Sureshot

Executive member
I think this thread is quite interesting to look at (as a member and a mod), because I see a two-sided argument, with strong bias on both sides. We don't seem to have any non Indian or Pakistani members in the debate, either. I think too much emphasis is placed on stats in this thread though. Sometimes it's what you see in-front of you, not what you see on a piece of paper. You can't put technical abilities on paper, or mental abilities for that matter.

As for calling Sachin a choker. I think that is quite harsh. Simply because Inzy was such an unflappable character (well, most of the time, anyway). I think zMario has shown that Inzy has a better record in "pressure" situations. Does that make him a better test player? I'm not so sure. Inzy was always a tough cricketer to judge, for me.

Two very different characters. Playing in very different sides. Inzy was often the lone ranger, with maybe Younis or Yousuf playing a support role. Whereas Sachin would have Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag, Ganguly, etc. Maybe it is less "choking" from Sachin and more complacency about the support around him. I think an interesting stat would be to have the averages of the other Indian batsman in the matches you quoted Sachin as "choking" in. Because the Indians do have a history of an occasional spectacular collapse. (Given quality of batting line-up).

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Inzamam is nothing In front on Sachin.

You can actually explain why Inzy is "nothing" in front of Sachin, instead of making a statement like this. I'm not saying this simply because I?m a Pakistan cricket supporter, but I?d really like to know why he?s ?nothing?, and what you really mean by ?nothing?. I suppse it's that, he doesn?t exist as anything but just a human in front of a ?cricketing God?.

I?d say you over exaggerated on that one. Maybe a little too emotional, but, anyways, I too think Sachin is better then Inzy, slightly, yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Two very different characters. Playing in very different sides. Inzy was often the lone ranger, with maybe Younis or Yousuf playing a support role. Whereas Sachin would have Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag, Ganguly, etc. Maybe it is less "choking" from Sachin and more complacency about the support around him. I think an interesting stat would be to have the averages of the other Indian batsman in the matches you quoted Sachin as "choking" in. Because the Indians do have a history of an occasional spectacular collapse. (Given quality of batting line-up).

I had the same thing in mind, but I'm not too good at explaining myself with paper and pen (keyboard). Inzy, also had everything "shuved" on his shoulders, and he had no choice but to be consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread