The Best Cricket Management Game On The Market

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
To upstage a corporate giant (and I use the term loosely) is remarkable.

And with v.3.05 nearing release, CC is pretty much near perfection. However it is vastly under-rated, and the masses are swayed by its more prestigious competitor. Which is saddening, because in my opinion this game is the best cricket management software on the market and still has so much more potential that it could achieve.

Perhaps a marketing campaign is the answer?

I haven't played it since 3.02. I want to be able to edit the players so Inzamam-ul-Haq isn't the opening bowler for Multan.

:cool:

I just dont see enough support for it, your the only one it seems claiming its good this year...

...Whilst ICC has a nice little fan base in the other forum here.

The ICC series has been running a long time, and rightly so. Its a very good game, we feel that its quite different to what we're trying to do. Our fan-base is in no way challenging ICC, as they have "hardcore," fans who've been playing the game for absolute years, so no, currently we can't challenge that but give us time.

We've definitely got a nice little base of people who I'd call "loyalists," and they post on the forums regularly with problems so we can sort them out and also give us some ideas for where to take the game.

Last edited:
True.

Can you answer me something? What is the latest version out and what are the fixes etc? I am going to buy it today if it looks good.

And was wondering, because it never got answered in the other thread, do the facepacks from 2007 work on this edition?

The face packs do work, but if you check on the forum, there's all the county packs and some members are starting international ones.

The latest version is v3.04, mainly the fixes are the crashing, but we've also had a little tweak of the engine, and some database issues.

The new version, v3.05, is currently being worked on. We're looking to get rid of the few crashing bugs which persist (unless you search for these crashes, you'd be unlucky to get one). There is also a database editor being developed, which will ship with it. This means that you guys aren't waiting on us to make tweaks with the database.

Hooper, apologies for not answering all questions, really, you're better off posting over at the Cricket Coach forums to get a response, it also means if you have any comments, it'll be read by Oli. Just a suggestion ofcourse.

Oh cool. Sounds good.

Wasn't there a database editor with the last version? Is this new one going to be of the same idea?

There isn't a database editor in the current version, or do you mean CC2007? In 2007 yes, there was an editor.

This new one will be similar.

Yeah, I meant 2007.

Oh ok wicked, I liked being able to create myself with a player picture and all. :p

This version seems to be a lot more smoother then 2007 and it looks like more work is being put into it to stop the crashing and bugs. So yeah, it has won me over.

It is a great game, and it will only get better as the updates keep coming. Looking forward to giving v3.05 a bash, hopefully the realism of scores will be massively improved. If so then Cricket Coach is really up there with ICC and could easily surpass it over the next few years.

Definitely. It's the inclusion of global domestic teams that adds another layer of realism. You can monitor the performance of your players when they are not on international duty as they play for two or even three different domestic teams.

The match engine needs a bit of tweaking as T20 scores can be incredibly high whilst ODI & Test scores can be disappointedly low even on good pitches. If v3.05 fixes this, then we are onto a winner.

Agree with the above. I'm really enjoying the game at the moment, but the silly scores in Tests and ODI's is ruining it at the moment.

Batting consists of setting everyone to ultra defensive and hoping a partnership sprouts from somewhere. That never happens, and the most you can hope for is 300. If they can sort that out, it will be a brilliant game.

v3.05 has been promised for this week, not sure how confident the developer (Oli) is of that, I only spoke to him the other day.

I'll be getting my hands on it just before its released so I'll maker sure it has improved, but I know it will have, he's been working hard on it.

If CC has an editable database, I might be more open to trying it. ICC is essentially perfect for me. Apart from the fact that some players are rated wrongly, the engine is efficient, the gameplay is smooth, I like the fact that you have to figure out how good a player is, and form and fatigue play a big role. And the new training system makes it even better. CC does have to be something quite special to beat that.

The new version which should be out within a week at some point will have not only a Player Editor, but also have a tour editor, and a ground editor!!

Users who are viewing this thread