New Cricket Management Games...

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
The last game in the ICC series of Cricket games was released in 2002 and although there is a new management game coming out from Rockingham Software later this year, there isn't anywhere near as many cricket management games as there are football management games or games with the depth as some football games. New management games where you could be the captain of the team or perhaps the coach or selector would be really popular.

I think it would be great if someone like EA Sports who make the "Total Club Manager football game, Eidos who have brought out the new Championship Manager 5 game or SI Games who made the Football Manager series of management games could bring out a cricket management game. Some of these companies already make baseball, hockey or F1 management games so why not a cricket management game with as much depth as some of the football management games.

Maybe if some of these companies or other companies would see this thread they may realise there will be a demand for a cricket management game with such depth so it would be great if people could post in this thread to show their interest and to give suggestions for some features of cricket management games!

We have 2 playing cricket games coming out soon, who knows in a few years there could be a number of good in depth realistic management games as well!

Ste

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Don't think I would buy one if EA made it!! Total Club Manager sucks, would like to see one from Sports Interactive or Eidos though

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
I think management games such as Intl Cricket Captain series have more scope than a Cricket 2004. You can play them longer and not get bored, and not have to depend on infinite patches.

Tonkertoy

Club Captain
SIGAMES should make one the made a Ice hockey version of football manager why not have a cricket one too?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Excellent idea Ste, I think Codemasters should develop a cricket management game because they have experience with the LMA Manager series.

You could watch the matches in a 3D eviroment after selecting the tour squad and choosing the team. You could also asess young talent at Academies and choose the right action to take when a player gets injured.

Fantastic idea and well worth forwarding to games companies.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Tonkertoy said:
SIGAMES should make one the made a Ice hockey version of football manager why not have a cricket one too?
Don't think it would be that simple, The Icehockey game can use the football engine without too many modifications but a cricket manager game would require a different game engine. If east side hockey manager's player database is a comprehensive as football manager's, if they did make a cricket game it would be fantastic

Ste

Executive member
kevmead said:
Don't think it would be that simple, The Icehockey game can use the football engine without too many modifications but a cricket manager game would require a different game engine. If east side hockey manager's player database is a comprehensive as football manager's, if they did make a cricket game it would be fantastic

But from SI Games there is a baseball game which is surely an engine that could be used to make a cricket game. http://www.sigames.com/ootp/ - Out of the Park baseball manager.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Ste said:
But from SI Games there is a baseball game which is surely an engine that could be used to make a cricket game. http://www.sigames.com/ootp/ - Out of the Park baseball manager.
Didn't know about that one, looks like SI is branching out, let's hope they cast their eyes in the direction of cricket:upray

dobbo2k4

Club Cricketer
I would definately buy a cricket management game, think it would be a mint idea. Hope someone decides to design and create one, SI would be a good choice

voldemort

International Coach
Sure, The only demo that glued me in without boring me at all was the ICC 2k demo. I played the same team and same opponent but never got bored. It was very interesting, a cricket management game will be far better that playing it actually (though only at times). Would really like one, but only from Eidos or SI games. not EA at all (cause i hate counting bugs)

bhail256

Club Cricketer
I have played all of the Cricket Captain games ... I LOVE THEM!!! I am all for it ... later in the posts i will write down some key points and some new features i would like to see em.

I was also ranked 7 for a REAL long time in ICC 2002 :P

BenAD

School Cricketer
Yeah I would love a cricket management game! I used to own Australian Cricket Captain, which was basically ICC without english county sides, but with Aussies State Sides... Sucks cause I cant play it on win XP, otherwise I would still be playing it lol.

bhail256

Club Cricketer
Some of the features i really enjoyed ...

1. Transfer of players at the end of the season - was alot of fun especially with the youth teams being developed!

2. The commentary was very precise and very few bugs

3. It was all about strategy and figuring out if your batsmen or bowlers could do the job.

4. County teams would get to play touring international sides.

the list just goes on ...

was a bit dissapointed in cricket 2002, as it was an update of cricket captain 2001

will post the wish list sometime soon ... gotta jet

Users who are viewing this thread