Muttiah Muralitharan sets retirement plan

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lassana Dias | Sri Lanka Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com

A FC record of under 20, should of played for Sri Lanka by now

Well there are lots of spinners who have batter average them me mate. Anyway my playing days a over. I had to stop because of my job. I can?t be a full time crickets because in Sri Lanka people don?t get paid for playing if you don?t have a contract with SLCB. Anyway long story short, I had to think my job and all. but I just love this game so cant really stay out of it

anyways as you can see in here i am just a under 19 cricketer :rtfl

diaskasun added 16 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Because this post is about my role model murali, let me tell you something about him and how good he was as a person.

In 2004 I played for a club call Baduruliya Cricket Club and we had a match with Tamil union. So murali was playing for TU then we batted first and made about 108 all out. Murali got something like 7 for 15-16. I was the last man and he was to ball to me. Then the first ball I got from him I didn’t know what it was,. How ever I was standing there like a fool and my stump was down. Even my team mate at the other end couldn’t help but laughing. I was so embarrassed; I even couldn’t face up to our dressing room. I suppose murali noticed it and he came to me and had his arms around my shoulder and was talking to me like he knows me for so long as we were walking to the dressing room.

For me he is the best bowler ever and its simple as that

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
diaskasun, is it true there is a place in Sri Lanka called Mendis Road? And basically everyone on the road's surname is Mendis?

I played cricket with a Mendis who apparently lived next door to Ajantha's family.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
diaskasun, is it true there is a place in Sri Lanka called Mendis Road? And basically everyone on the road's surname is Mendis?

I played cricket with a Mendis who apparently lived next door to Ajantha's family.

i am sorry there are many roads in a country mate but i dont know much about mendis road, ajantha is from moratuwa. and thats a city by the way:D

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I just thought that maybe you had come across him whilst playing in the leagues.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Heard the Yankees offered him a 1 year contract, thats why he's leaving.

Well then I suppose good old warn had to stop because he got a contract from playboy TV is it

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

i have mate, he is playing for the army

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah the guy said he played for the Army team. Was quite an ineteresting fella really. You speak/type much better english than a lot of our sub continental members!

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Yeah the guy said he played for the Army team. Was quite an ineteresting fella really. You speak/type much better english than a lot of our sub continental members!

well hope you are not making fun of me, i know my english is not too good and i am sorry about it. but some are really good in it. like kumar, mahela ... well ajantha dont speak good english but he sure can ball dont you think :D sorry agin if i am making lot of mistakes.. but anyways i can type some english what about you can you type anthing in sinhalis heheheheh i bat you cant

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
No of course I can't :p, I'm not making fun, your english is actually very good, but that is not for this thread. Back on to Murali.

The one thing that gets me when people criticze Murali is that both Warne and Murali have been controversial characters in a way. Murali for his so called 'chucking' and Warney for his occasional drug habits. But I think once someone is labelled a 'chucker' they will always be known as one. James Kirtley still gets piss loads of stick from the crowds. I went to a game last year, Surrey vs Sussex. Everytime he ran into bowl the Surrey crowd, would shot NO BALL. Once a chucker, always a chucker. :(

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
No of course I can't :p, I'm not making fun, your english is actually very good, but that is not for this thread. Back on to Murali.

The one thing that gets me when people criticze Murali is that both Warne and Murali have been controversial characters in a way. Murali for his so called 'chucking' and Warney for his occasional drug habits. But I think once someone is labelled a 'chucker' they will always be known as one. James Kirtley still gets piss loads of stick from the crowds. I went to a game last year, Surrey vs Sussex. Everytime he ran into bowl the Surrey crowd, would shot NO BALL. Once a chucker, always a chucker. :(

well A. he is not a chucker as far as i know my cricket. and i think i know cricket as well. B. lets just say he is, if so, i would still say its something spacial to get more then 1000 internatioanl wickets with all the records he has.

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

He's a player.

hmmm sure ask his X wife about it, he sure is a player

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think I've ever meet anyone who has changed his opinion on Muralitharan's bowling action. There's no point in trying to fight it mate.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks.

Just glad to know his poor elbow won't be sore after a rigorous 5 days of throwing the ball anymore.

:D

That made me chuckle. I find it a little strange that people couldn't recognise I was joking. I swear I've mentioned before that I like Muralitharan a lot but oh well.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
I don't think I've ever meet anyone who has changed his opinion on Muralitharan's bowling action. There's no point in trying to fight it mate.

thats true sadly !!!!

diaskasun added 3 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

:D

That made me chuckle. I find it a little strange that people couldn't recognise I was joking. I swear I've mentioned before that I like Muralitharan a lot but oh well.

Mate I am not trying to get in to a fight with you but, if you ask me, you don’t make fun of a legend of the game just when he has announced retirement from the game. You may or may not like the guy but its bit rude in my view. Anyways its really up to you.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Mate I am not trying to get in to a fight with you but, if you ask me, you don’t make fun of a legend of the game just when he has announced retirement from the game. You may or may not like the guy but its bit rood in my view. Anyways its really up to you.

Did people make fun of Diego Maradona when he retired from football? Of course they did, all because of the one incident. All light hearted fun.

Users who are viewing this thread