Current Best Test Country?

Who is numero uno?

• Total voters
Its what you expect from a championship team like ours.

Yeah, we've been a little off the pace lately. But thats understandable when you lose nearly 600 Test matches of experience.

Langer, Hayden, Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Symonds, Martyn.

(Probably more then 600 matches)

If we draw this series (or somehow come out of it 2-1), then I think its safe to say we are still the number 1 test team.

Yeah, we've been a little off the pace lately. But thats understandable when you lose nearly 600 Test matches of experience.

If we draw this series (or somehow come out of it 2-1), then I think its safe to say we are still the number 1 test team.
I don't think winning the Ashes would prove you are the best side in the world. England are nowhere near the best team of the world and we are giving you more than a run for your money.

It is England so that would not be surprising. Aus might still be the number 1 team, but the gap between the top 3 has drastically been reduced.

I know it wouldn't. Because England are shite. But it would still keep our noses in front wouldn't it? If we lost, it wouldn't. Therefore I said it is safe to say we would retain our number 1 spot. Imagine all the voices saying we are not number 1 anymore because we lost to the England cricket team?!

Hooper added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

It is England so that would not be surprising. Aus might still be the number 1 team, but the gap between the top 3 has drastically been reduced.
Correctamundo.

Its hard to know given we don't know what the current form of SA and India is. Earlier this year we won in SA so at that point at best you could make a case for having both teams equal 1st. If SA can win in India next year then they would easily go to number 1.

LAST FIVE SERIES

SERIES RESULTS

1. Sri Lanka P5 W3 D2 L0
2. South Africa P5 W3 D1 L1 (Tests won = 8/15)
3. India P5 W3 D1 L1 (Tests won = 6/15)
4. Australia P5 W3 D0 L2
5. England P5 W2 D0 L3
6. New Zealand P5 W1 D1 L3 (Tests won = 1/12)
7. West Indies P5 W1 D1 L3 (Tests won = 1/13)
8. Bangladesh P5 W1 D0 L4
9. Pakistan P5 W0 D1 L4

TESTS WON

1. Sri Lanka 58.33% (P12 W7 D3 L2)
2. South Africa 53.33% (P15 W8 D2 L3)
3. Australia 46.67% (P15 W7 D3 L5)
4. India 40.00% (P15 W6 D6 L3)
5. England 33.33% (P15 W5 D6 L4)
6. Bangladesh 20.00% (P10 W2 D1 L7)
7. New Zealand 8.33% (P12 W1 D6 L5)
8. West Indies 7.69% (P13 W1 D6 L6) - more series won than Pakistan
9. Pakistan 7.69% (P13 W1 D6 L6)

- Last five complete Test series (so excludes Ashes)
- England's abandoned Test in West Indies is excluded, no reason why it should be in the records at all

So Sri Lanka win on series and Tests, South Africa 2nd and England mid-table. I was surprised Pakistan are bottom

Australia or South Africa probably. Sri Lanka wouldn't be far off.

India for me because of their players and winning average.:)

Users who are viewing this thread