Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maybe a lot of PC users are still waiting for the game as I see play.com still haven't got the PC version of AC09 in stock yet. Have you got your copy yet Masterblaster?? Does anyone know if there a problem with PC game stock on other stores??

I wonder once Play get it in stock and send it out, if we will see a larger volume of PC players who have pre-ordered with them...

No. No I haven't!! And if they haven't got their arses in gear before someone else gets it in at that price, they're going to lose my order. I'm a little bit worried though: my mate reckons they're supposed to get deliveries on Fridays. So firstly if that's the case, where was their shipment of PC copies? Secondly, if that is the case, I might have to wait until Friday! Shopto said they'll have it early next week, so I'll check them tomorrow.

It better be good after all this crapping around!!

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

I doubt there's a problem. they probably made a lot of stock for consoles because they know not many people buy games for PC nowadays.

Lots of people buy PC games, more than you think. If people weren't buying them, they wouldn't be developed and lots are coming out and are due to come out. Either way, that's no excuse.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Steve, I hope this time you listen, as you've asked this question or variations of it every day since tuesday :p

YES! Its better. Now just wait for your game, or cancel the order and go buy it at Gamestation.

Lol, sorry!! Gamestation - I didn't think of them. Let's go see how much they want for it.

@Gudduthemaster: Physics wow, heavy stuff!

Edit: They have it for ?24.99. Why is it that all the cheap places are out of stock and all the places that are charging the same as the shops have it? Damn Sod's law!!

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
No. No I haven't!! And if they haven't got their arses in gear before someone else gets it in at that price, they're going to lose my order. I'm a little bit worried though: my mate reckons they're supposed to get deliveries on Fridays. So firstly if that's the case, where was their shipment of PC copies? Secondly, if that is the case, I might have to wait until Friday! Shopto said they'll have it early next week, so I'll check them tomorrow.

you may try gamestation,but they will charge extra :crying:doh

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
you may try gamestation,but they will charge extra :crying:doh

I know - same as in the shops. In fact, everyone who has it in stock is charging ?24.99 for it and everyone who doesn't have it (play, shopto, zavvi) are charging ?17.99 for it! I don't often pay more than ?20 for a game, you know?

jazz

Panel of Selectors

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Lots of people buy PC games, more than you think. If people weren't buying them, they wouldn't be developed and lots are coming out and are due to come out. Either way, that's no excuse.

I know people still buy PC games, but always PS3 and 360 will always take first priority. They even created the game basically for the xbox and then mapped it to PS3 and PC

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm all about the PC gaming. Only time I've ever felt the slightest regret at not owning a console is the fact that EA refuse to replicate the FIFA console version for the PC. Thankfully PES is the same on PC and the new one is looking good, so that will hopefully remove any lingering desire for a console.

Fifa 10 on the PC is looking like it might be worth a go. It will have 360 degree movement/dribbling in it - although the graphics so far do not look much to write home about. A gameplay video is due any day. Pop over to the EA forums to witness the war over PES v Fifa!!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Then again, it depends on the genre, doesn't it? For example, the Total War series will never be seen on the consoles.

The infuriating thing is if they developed every game on the PC, it would be superior to the console versions - the 'controller excuse' no longer hold any water.

Vitch

School Cricketer
Positive PC experience

Had a wonderful time building an innings in the first Ashes Test on Hard.

Opening stand of 90 at 3 R/O, then lost Bell quickly then great signature innings from KP, 57 off 59 balls, then some sensible batting from the rest of the middle order. Let rip with Freddie towards the end and managed to get 166 from 220 balls. Finished up 568/8 Dec at 4.24 R/O

Then the AI batted - I'll wait till someone starts a PC negativity thread ;)

It seems that the PC version is no different to the others from what I have been reading. Great batting exp, poor AI. Not had more than two dodgy run outs in an innings thus far mysel.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Yeah but thats not Amazon selling, its a seller on amazon selling it. Amazon have probably run out of stock otherwise they would never charge that much for PC or even console

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The good thing is, P.C. members were able to significantly improve the AI in BLIC 2007 - the AI didn't slog bowling around nearly as much (I think it was a way to change the timing window so that batsmen - both AI and human - couldn't hit sixes and fours so easily). The big problem with that one was the AI's penchant for leg glancing the ball onto his stumps all the time (it was BLIC 2007's version of the AI runouts - most wickets came from it) - something P.C. couldn't do anything about and Codies wouldn't do anything about. If it wasn't for that, BLIC 2007 would've been a decent game.

This game, however, has no such issues. BLIC 2007 also had the ball going through the batsman's pads all the time.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I know - sellers on Amazon must think we have rocks in our heads. There was a mini series I'd been after for a long time on DVD, from the eighties called 'Piece of Cake'; Amazon had it in for ?40+. I eventually tracked it down at a place called 'Simply HE' for ?8.

Users who are viewing this thread